Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read there's a sequel to Mockingbird which I only found out about recently. Do you know if that's worth a read?
I've read it, it's very different but if you felt the characters weren't fleshed out enough it may give you another side - it's about Scout as an adult and Atticus is very different. I think the one sided characters in TKAM are just Scout's childish view of them.

It was meant to be the first draft apparently and Harper Lee was asked to re-write it focusing on the childhood flashbacks.

I probably won't ever reread it because it doesn't feel as comforting and it ruins your view of Atticus. I felt it hit too close to home so it stressed me out!

Reactions: 1
I thought the Midnight Library was fine, I couldn't imagine many people disliking it, but it is definitely overhyped.

I just finished Piranesi which I found to be a real 'wow' book.

I thought the midnight library was ok- wasn’t brilliant but wasn’t terrible. I haven’t read anything else by Matt Haig as yet

I thought the Midnight Library was fine, I couldn't imagine many people disliking it, but it is definitely overhyped.

I just finished Piranesi which I found to be a real 'wow' book.
I've seen lots of good reviews of Piranesi on Goodreads and Instagram, might buy it to read next.

I’m reading a series by D S Butler about DI Karen Hart. I’m on the 3rd one now and enjoying them so far.

I’m reading a book called The Cutting Place, by one of my favourite crime writers Jane Casey. I love her police officer heroine, Maeve.

I’m reading a book called The Cutting Place, by one of my favourite crime writers Jane Casey. I love her police officer heroine, Maeve.
I’ve read all those. I really enjoyed them. Have you tried Kerry Wilkinson? The Jessica Daniel series is really good.

Hi everyone, first post on the thread but I've picked up my Kindle again and I need to tell someone about the books I've read. I mostly read YA/teen books. They seem to focus more on taboo topics (suicide, complex relationships, depression, PTSD etc) which I'm more interested in than the typical adult audience centred books I've seen. I'D LIKE TO PUT IN A POSSIBLE TW NOW ABOUT THE BOOK I'M GOING TO START TALKING ABOUT AS IT IS MENTIONING SUICIDE, SUICIDAL INTENTIONS, DEPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so, I've recently re-read a book called My Heart And Other Black Holes. I can't remember the author as I brought the book a long long time ago. Basically it's about a girl who is wanting to kill herself. She's at work one day and it browsing a website in which you find a 'suicide partner'. She finds someone called FrozenRobot and they set a date for their joint s**cide, April 7th. This is the date that FrozenRobot's sister died, it would be the 1 year anniversary. He blames himself for his sisters death as he was babysitting her and she went in the bath. She wasn't supposed to take baths as she had seizures. He let her have one and went in the bedroom with his gf and turned up the music. She drowned. He was 16, she was 8. He thought it was his fault and felt that he should be punished, this ended up being the reason he wanted to die. The girls father had become a murderer. He killed someone she went to school with who was a promising athlete. The death was everywhere and everyone knew it was her dad so the stares and whispers followed her. She was scared that one day, she would become a murderer too. What is she had this 'evil' gene. That's the synopsis anyway, from my POV. If you're into similar topics and want something that leaves you guessing then I'd recommend this book. It was really good, a little slow in parts but I read the whole thing in 2 evenings.

Reactions: 4
I’m reading a series by D S Butler about DI Karen Hart. I’m on the 3rd one now and enjoying them so far.
I love these books. They’re set in my home town so it’s nice to picture where is being spoken about.

Reactions: 2
I've read all the series, brilliant books. You may also enjoy Rachel Abbott as she has a really good detective series.

Ok, I may need to start a new thread for this request because it sounds like most of you are into psychological/thrillers but ...

Can anyone recommend a bit of a sexy book? 😳 I love a good erotic story but I’m not into reading about millionaires slapping the shite out of some poor girl. I just want to read about good old traditional sex between a man and a woman!
When I say traditional, I don’t mean Mills & Boons / Jilly Cooper style, I’m looking for modern day romances.

I promise I’m not a perv 🙈😂

Reactions: 2
Started reading The Arrangement by Miranda Rijks today and I’m gripped. I started reading for a few minutes on my lunch break and kept counting down hours till I could start it again. Nothing major has happened bar one big scene setting incident in the first chapter but I’m really drawn in by it.
You really sold this to me! It’s going to be my next read.

You really sold this to me! It’s going to be my next read.
I’m 35% of the way through and really enjoying it. It keeps revealing a little more information as it goes on, just enough to keep your brain ticking over. Can’t wait to go to bed for an early night and get some more read later.

Reactions: 3
I’m 35% of the way through and really enjoying it. It keeps revealing a little more information as it goes on, just enough to keep your brain ticking over. Can’t wait to go to bed for an early night and get some more read later.
Isn’t it lovely when you can’t wait to get into bed with your book! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.