Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read the midnight library and I liked it. It wasn’t brilliant but was an easy read. It’s also only £4.50 on Amazon at the minute!
(Also I’ve just found this thread and I LOVE it)

Reactions: 3
The Midnight Library is on my TBR pile!
I've finished The Most Fun We've Ever Had by Claire Lombardo, which was bloody brilliant. If you like American writers that tackle family dramas with not a lot of extra characters, this is a perfect read. I am a huge fan of Anne Tyler and this was a similar style.
I am now reading The Switch by Beth O'Leary. Really enjoying it. It's not the light and fluffy read you think it's going to be.
Her first novel, The Flat Share was also very good.
Love this thread btw.

Reactions: 2
Ok, I may need to start a new thread for this request because it sounds like most of you are into psychological/thrillers but ...

Can anyone recommend a bit of a sexy book? 😳 I love a good erotic story but I’m not into reading about millionaires slapping the shite out of some poor girl. I just want to read about good old traditional sex between a man and a woman!
When I say traditional, I don’t mean Mills & Boons / Jilly Cooper style, I’m looking for modern day romances.

I promise I’m not a perv 🙈😂
if you’re looking for raunchy, with a good story line to boot check out someone like Tasmania Perry or Tilly Bagshawe, original sin, gold diggers, Fame, scandalous, they have tons, really good plots with full on sex scenes 😂

or Louise Bagshawe’s earlier books 😂 yes that MP Louise Bagshawe 😂

I read them years back, nothing wrong with a good sex scene once it’s got something more about it.

50 shades....hard pass. Pardon the pun

Reactions: 1
if you’re looking for raunchy, with a good story line to boot check out someone like Tasmania Perry or Tilly Bagshawe, original sin, gold diggers, Fame, scandalous, they have tons, really good plots with full on sex scenes 😂

I read them years back, nothing wrong with a good sex scene once it’s got something more about it.

Rebecca Chance is another good author for bit of scandal and sex

I’ll check them out! Thank you ☺

Rebecca Chance is another good author for bit of scandal and sex
fab, thank you! 😊

I loved The Cutting Place @Geranium.

Ive also read Final Girls by Riley Sager (sorry not sure who asked originally) and really enjoyed it. I might browse what else he’s written this evening as I am close to finishing Little Disasters by Sarah Vaughan. Going to reserve judgement on the latter until I’ve finished it.

I've finished The Most Fun We've Ever Had by Claire Lombardo, which was bloody brilliant. If you like American writers that tackle family dramas with not a lot of extra characters, this is a perfect read. I am a huge fan of Anne Tyler and this was a similar style.
I am now reading The Switch by Beth O'Leary. Really enjoying it. It's not the light and fluffy read you think it's going to be.
Love this thread btw.
Anne Tyler - I adore her. Some of my favourite writing ever. Her insight into people is astonishing.

• Heart
Finally finished Strangers by CL Taylor and it was a chore tbh. I didn't care for any of the characters, storyline was all over the place and I wasn't invested enough to absorb it properly. Last chapter alone saved it from being filed in my "woeful" collection on my Kindle.

Just finished People Like Her, and like everyone else I highly recommend it!

Reactions: 4
Ok, I may need to start a new thread for this request because it sounds like most of you are into psychological/thrillers but ...

Can anyone recommend a bit of a sexy book? 😳 I love a good erotic story but I’m not into reading about millionaires slapping the shite out of some poor girl. I just want to read about good old traditional sex between a man and a woman!
When I say traditional, I don’t mean Mills & Boons / Jilly Cooper style, I’m looking for modern day romances.

I promise I’m not a perv 🙈😂
Thalia Hibbert, Helen Hoang, Jasmine Guillory, Christina Lauren, The Hating Game by Sally someone.. I personally don’t read romance but I watch a lot of booktube and these are the types of names that come up for contemporary romance / smutty reads that people are loving. I’m sure if you Google around those names you’ll find way more I’ve just gone a bit blank. Books like that are super popular with people on booktube at the moment soI hope you find something you like :)

Love this thread btw.
Really enjoyed The Most Fun We Ever Had last year. I want to find more books like that.

Thalia Hibbert, Helen Hoang, Jasmine Guillory, Christina Lauren, The Hating Game by Sally someone.. I personally don’t read romance but I watch a lot of booktube and these are the types of names that come up for contemporary romance / smutty reads that people are loving. I’m sure if you Google around those names you’ll find way more I’ve just gone a bit blank. Books like that are super popular with people on booktube at the moment soI hope you find something you like :)
That’s great, thank you 😊
I’ve actually just finished The Hating Game!

I never think to look at Booktube because it seems to be all YA books

The popular big US channels are very YA based but the big UK channels are better for adult books :)

I don't read romance so I don't really have any recommendations for channels but I'm sure there are some out there.

Really enjoyed The Most Fun We Ever Had last year. I want to find more books like that.
Definitely check out Anne Tyler. A Spool of Blue Thread is superb.

Chandler Ainsley reads a lot of romance. Noelle Gallagher reads a lot of the romance I just recommended. There’s lots more I’m sure, I just don’t really watch romance heavy readers.

Definitely check out Anne Tyler. A Spool of Blue Thread is superb.
Ah, I haven’t read any Anne Tyler. I’ll give her a go.

Reactions: 4
Love this thread btw.
I loved The Most Fun We Ever Had as well. Even though it's quite lengthy I loved how rounded the characters were.

• Heart
Just finished The Arrangement by Miranda Rijks - I thoroughly enjoyed it! There’s a big twist reveal at the end and I literally gasped and shrieked out loud as I read it - so much so my husband thought I’d got bad news in a text! It’s definitely not the best book I’ve ever read in terms of complexity but it kept me hooked all the way through which hasn’t happened with a few of my recent reads. It’s a real easy read and I’d highly recommend - 5 out of 5!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.