Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
I'm flying solo at soft play hell this morning so will be earnestly checking back to assess everyone's 99p deals 😝

We had a massive bank holiday clear out and I purged so many of the kids' books. Conveniently ran out of time to tackle mine. Whoops 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Pinkii

VIP Member
Just saw this book scavenger hunt tag on insta and thought we could do it!😄

- A book with a person on the cover

- A book with a colour in the title

- A book with enemies to lovers

- A book with four words in the title

- A book with one word in the title

- A book you haven’t read yet

- A recent five star read
ooh I like this

- A book with a person on the cover- cleopatra and Frankenstein

- A book with a colour in the title- A court of silver flames

- A book with enemies to lovers- ACOTAR

- A book with four words in the title- Where the lost Wander

- A book with one word in the title- Trespasses

- A book you haven’t read yet- Writers and lovers- been on my TBR for ages.

- A recent five star read- The secrets of strangers 💜

• Heart

bookworm39

I think I'm actually going to try this...
Good luck!

I failed before I even started. 😆This flock of seabirds arrived earlier today. 😍 I collect vintage Penguin books and went on a bit of a splurge when The Penguin Chap had a sale on a week or so ago. What am I like? 🤣🐧 (That's the first of two parcels by the way.)
20230420_144337.jpg

• Heart

biscuitthief

April was a slightly slower month for me. However, considering that I read very few books last year, I am happy with the 6 I did manage this month :D

April reads.jpg

Baconbutties

VIP Member
Ooh I have The Hearts Invisible Furies on my kindle. I might read it next.

I’m currently reading The Sanatorium. The reviews weren’t great on Goodreads but I was sucked in by the setting. Should have listened 😂
The Hearts Invisible Furies is one of the best books I've ever read. It's wonderful. It's one of those that I will recommend others to read for the rest of my days, it's just such a amazing book from start to finish. Got me from the start.

• Heart

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
Had a bit of a slower April (busy month, birthday, holiday, got engaged (!), work, life) so “only” read 4 books but am at 31 for the year. I could realistically read 100 at this rate 😂

6CCFC38D-581E-49A6-932D-3218D257C882.jpeg

• Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
Just finished Evelyn Hugo. I love novels set in old Hollywood. If anyone has any other recommendations I’d love to add some to my TBR.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Eeee my copy of Kate Morton's new book Homecoming just arrived. :love: but blimey it's a big one, over 600 pages! She's one of my favourite authors so got high hopes for it.
Just got my copy from Mr B's Emporium and the independent bookstore edition is so pretty (and chunky!)
1681909480483.png

image from here:

Also am catching up on the thread, so rather behind, but I am another one who is reading Romantic Comedy at the moment. I'm enjoying it, even the email format bit. I think the only thing I dislike is re-living 2020/2021 even in fictional form 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 10

LaBlonde

VIP Member
i’m honestly pretty lucky with the space i have for books - it’s just me in my house and so i’ve been able to dedicate a lot of wall space to bookcases (god bless ikea 🙌🏻) - i don’t have a kindle and always buy physical books if i can. it is my sole aim to keep waterstones afloat 🤣

that being said, i am accepting that i might be purchasing a kindle in future - for holidays if nothing else. i can’t say i don’t approve because i absolutely buy books from amazon already!

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
a polarising book here i know but the first reviews of the play version of a little life are interesting!

i cannot imagine it being nearly four hours without an interval. how exhausted must james norton be at the end?! like the article points out, at least you could take a break from the relentless trauma of the book!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I’m reading The Family at No.12 and had a big audible gasp moment earlier. I love when a book makes you have a physical reaction. I’m only 34% through TFaN12 and can’t wait to go to bed later to keep reading.

• Heart

Elle

VIP Member
Me me me! I wanna play! I wanna play!

- A book with a person on the cover
Carrie Soto is Back

- A book with a colour in the title
The Golden Couple

- A book with enemies to lovers
Life's Too Short by Abby Jimenez

- A book with four words in the title
On the Savage Side

- A book with one word in the title
Idol

- A book you haven’t read yet
The Love Songs of W.E.B Du Bois

- A recent five star read
The Most Fun We Ever Had

ScoutFinch

I haven’t been to my local library in years, since being converted to a kindle user. Baby Finch is due in autumn though so I’m hoping it will become a nice day out for us once they are a bit older. The library was my favourite place to visit as a kid ❤

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I was going to spoil myself for my birthday and get a full price kindle read from my wish list but I just can’t bring myself to do it THREE DAYS from new monthly deals! 😂

Hasn’t this been the quickest month?!
Happy Birthday!

In a few weeks you won't remember the book. 🙃 So save your money. 🫣

• Haha

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I have got the Audible for 99p for 3 months email.

But those who listen to audio books how do you do it? Haha what a stupid question, but it is me so what do you expect. Do you sit and listen in the same way you would a tv show, is it on in the back ground while you do housework/colouring in/whatever takes your fancy, while you commute, while you want to ignore husbands/wives/children? The times I read a physical book are when I sit quietly and turn pages. If I was listening what would I do with my hands?

I have never really got along with audio books but keep wanting to try again.

Have I asked enough stupid questions yet? The storygraph shenanigans still lives on in my head.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

slugella

VIP Member
I'm starting to get a bit meh about Daisy Jones and the Six. I hate when the ✨she is quirky not like the other girls✨ is too forced (this was one issue I had with another of her books, Maybe in Another Life) and the format of this being in interview means that is very tell not show. Lines like "if the rest of the world was silver then Daisy was gold" are just coming across a bit too cringe for me. 😂

But tbf it is still really readable I did over 100 pages pretty quickly in one sitting this morning.

It does read like it will be much better as a TV show though so I'm intrigued to watch it now!
---
Has anyone had a Waterstones splurge? What did you get?
I am currently plotting mine :devilish:😂

Last edited:

Eureka

VIP Member
Has anyone here ever tried the 100 books challenge? You basically have to read 100 books you already own before you can buy any new books. Not sure if I'd be able to complete this challenge! 🤣🤣🤣
I would have to leave this thread if I did that :ROFLMAO:

• Haha