Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love murder mysteries, historical biographies, thrillers, classic, dynasty type books..
I don’t really enjoy romantic fiction but I’ll try most genres really.
Recent favourites are The Maid, Pachinko, Eleonor Oliphant, and The Appeal - bit of a mixed bag really 😆
---
We have pretty similar tastes. pachinko is probably one of my fave books of all time.

Have you read the hearts invisible furies by john boyne? If not would definitely recommend that!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I love murder mysteries, historical biographies, thrillers, classic, dynasty type books..
I don’t really enjoy romantic fiction but I’ll try most genres really.
Recent favourites are The Maid, Pachinko, Eleonor Oliphant, and The Appeal - bit of a mixed bag really 😆
---

Yes! Hate it when they do this!
---

I got a paperwhite :) I love it so far.
I do like physical copies of books that I really love, but I find the kindle is such a space saver, plus it’s easier to travel with :)
I think you might like the Dry by Jane Harper. I know other tattlers have enjoyed it and her follow up books. Set in Australia. Also on Kindle Unlimited there's a series called the DCI Ryan Mysteries by LJ Ross. They're on my TBR after reading about them on tattle!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm still a physical copy kinda gal and I've gone a bit nuts recently on all of your recommendations so I've ran out of bookcase space 🙈😂 also, is it just me or do you hate movie cover copies of books? It just ruins it for me.
Yes!

And his that come with an inprinted "60th year anniversary edition" "multi million seller" 'sticker thing or whatever.

Reactions: 3
@cherrymoon My Paperwhite came this afternoon! Can’t wait to finish work so I can play with it.

I have a beautiful leather cover I got when I got my first Kindle. I mistakenly thought it would fit my Paperwhite but it’s slightly too big and doesn’t fit . 😭
Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice cover for a Paperwhite please? I like the ones that fold over like a book.
Thanks book pals 🥰
This will be me tomorrow! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Loving it so far! Still getting used to the touch screen as my old Kindle had buttons. It’s so nice to read on and lovely and clear.

Someone asked about leather Kindle Paperweight covers and I have tried the cheaper CoBak ones which are fine but the way the corner bits hold the Kindle in annoyed me, it just didn't look neat. If you aren't quite so fussy as me it was a good leather cover.

But I switched to the official Kindle cover and it holds the Kindle in a much neater way and aesthetically is much more pleasing to me.

Amazon product

(Am pretty sure no-one else has such corner issues as I do)

Reactions: 6
Someone asked about leather Kindle Paperweight covers and I have tried the cheaper CoBak ones which are fine but the way the corner bits hold the Kindle in annoyed me, it just didn't look neat. If you aren't quite so fussy as me it was a good leather cover.

But I switched to the official Kindle cover and it holds the Kindle in a much neater way and aesthetically is much more pleasing to me.

Amazon product

I agree. Cheaper covers just don't work as well as the official one.

Reactions: 5
I recommend getting a sleeve rather than a cover for anyone whos looking to buy on a budget!
I had a sleeve with my old kindle with the buttons and I loved it.

I must admit if I take my paper white out of the case for any reason I am always shocked by how light and thin it is! The official case is lush and the auto wake/sleep is fab but it does make it chunkier and heavier

Reactions: 1
Thank you to whoever it was that said you can change the speed on audible, I have just blitz through 2 hours of Matthew Perrys book with just under an hour to go, after slogging through most of it on x1 speed 😆

• Haha
Thank you to whoever it was that said you can change the speed on audible, I have just blitz through 2 hours of Matthew Perrys book with just under an hour to go, after slogging through most of it on x1 speed 😆
Could I BE talking any faster?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Amazon product

I’m sure that the Merlot is 25% off with code ACCESSORY25 I don’t think other colours are but my son bought the merlot last week with 25% off but I tried the orchid colour and it didn’t work.
[edited]
It works today for the lavender and blue but not the green.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
OMG. Alperton Angels. What a book. The twists in it - I literally OMG’d out loud(twice)! Refreshing read and would hugely recommend at least listing it tbr.

Reactions: 7
OMG. Alperton Angels. What a book. The twists in it - I literally OMG’d out loud(twice)! Refreshing read and would hugely recommend at least listing it tbr.
It was good wasn’t it! Once I got my head round it all 😂
Have you read her other books? I loved The Appeal but found the second book the weakest of the 3.
---

---
I’m sure that the Merlot is 25% off with code ACCESSORY25 I don’t think other colours are but my son bought the merlot last week with 25% off but I tried the orchid colour and it didn’t work.
[edited]
It works today for the lavender and blue but not the green.
I’ve just tried it for the lavender and computer says no 😔

Amazon product

I have the official Kindle cover and it is great! I got it as part of gift from my partner when he got me the Kindle :)

image.jpg

@PiesAndLattes Thanks, it looks much more up my street than I thought!
Excellent! Glad I could help :)

Has any one had any issues with the Kindle insights? I had a reading streak and it didn’t record Feb 14 and 15 and said the last data had been received 13 Feb, it’s now updated to 16 Feb and is back to 1 day :( I wonder why it didn’t capture 14/15 Feb and if there is anything I can do about it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.