Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No but I need to read it! (*add another to the tbr*) Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? is a great childhood/teen/coming out memoir and could be an interesting read to compare to Oranges
Yes, I agree. I’ve got this too so might swap out my planned W (A-Z challenge and read this to compare with oranges).

Reactions: 1
Has anyone else read Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson? I've just finished it. Quite an unusual book but I really enjoyed it! Read it for book club (and amazingly finished it a few weeks before I 'had' to as I whizzed through it) and wondered if anyone else had read it while I'm waiting to hear the Book Club Verdict!
She is one of my favourite authors and I've met her three times (absolutely lovely and amazing lady). Written on the body and why be happy if you can be normal are also masterpieces in my opinion. Can't speak highly enough of her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone here use NetGalley and know if my books will automatically be on my new Kindle? A lot of the books are archived now so I can’t request to have them sent to my Kindle again 😰

Does anyone here use NetGalley and know if my books will automatically be on my new Kindle? A lot of the books are archived now so I can’t request to have them sent to my Kindle again 😰
If you have the ebook file on another device or in an email then you can just send it in an email/forward it to your kindle! Check your kindle email in your settings!

---------
I felt super bad today for V day as I'm in a long distance relationship and everything seems a little worse today. But I went thrift shopping for books and found My Year of Rest and Relaxation (Moshfegh) as well as The Idiot (Dostoyevski) and it definitely made me so much happier 💗 they say you can't buy happiness... Agree to disagree 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Just here to say Thank you! I’ve checked out my Amazon account and it looks like the files are stored under my kindle email address which should transfer over when I get my new Kindle 🤩 It arrives this week, can’t wait.

Hope you’re feeling more cheerful soon, books are amazing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I started The Light Behind the Window by Lucinda Riley last night and hastily skipped to 80% after getting about 25% in. I loathe weak female protagonists in books, and the author did nothing to hide what was coming so it totally ruined the book for me. I find her books can be hit or miss with me.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Has anyone ever read the Dublin Murder Squad series by Tana French? I want to love it but found it hard to get into the first book. I've DNF'd it twice!😐
Oh I really liked this series, I’ve rated them all 4/5 by the looks of it 🙈 the format is that a side character from each book is then the main character in the next book in the series. So I quite liked getting to ‘know’ a new character that has previously played a small role. I also liked the stories. I remember not being overly impressed with the ending of the first book, but other than that I liked them

My new kindle came yesterday ❤ so I’m earmarking this thread to get some reading inspiration.
I’m not having much luck with my reads this year - I’ve recently abandoned The 7 Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, which I absolutely hated. And haven’t picked up anything since.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh I really liked this series, I’ve rated them all 4/5 by the looks of it 🙈 the format is that a side character from each book is then the main character in the next book in the series. So I quite liked getting to ‘know’ a new character that has previously played a small role. I also liked the stories. I remember not being overly impressed with the ending of the first book, but other than that I liked them
Yeah, I just found it so hard to get into. Possibly that was due to the chapter length 🤷🏻‍♀️ I think I'll try give it another go at some point after hearing your thoughts on it! I like that side characters are then main characters in the next book. Thanks!

My new kindle came yesterday ❤ so I’m earmarking this thread to get some reading inspiration.
I’m not having much luck with my reads this year - I’ve recently abandoned The 7 Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, which I absolutely hated. And haven’t picked up anything since.
Such a shame you didn’t like Evelyn.

What sort of books/genre’s do you like?

Finally finished the housemaid. Couldn’t get into it at all. Thought it would be a quick easy read but I was taking it a chapter a day and chapters are like four pages long 😂 just didn’t care about any of them. at least it was KU so didn’t cost a cent

Want something beautiful now.

Reactions: 4
I’m almost finished with The Kite Runner (I know I’m late to the party 😂). I think if I had read this before A Thousand Splendid Suns I would have enjoyed it more, but it just hasn’t hit me the same way unfortunately.

I’m getting toward the difficult letters in my A-Z challenge now and I’m worried 😂

• Heart
I started The Housewarming last night and got straight into it. I’m hoping for an hour or so of reading today 🤞🏻 I’ve been a bit slow over the last few days with Betty, so would like to get through a few on my kindle now.

I have actually remembered to bring my kindle to work with me today so I can get some reading done on my lunch break lol (and maybe some sneaking reads this afternoon)

• Heart
@mee43 which Kindle did you get? Mine is coming today 😃
I recently read 7 Husbands and really enjoyed it, but we all like different things. I expected to hate it so was surprised I liked it so much.

Reactions: 1
Treated myself to the kindle paper white today. I’ve been using my iPad to read via the kindle app but it’s too big and heavy to hold up at night and my fire 7 has died a death so I upgraded.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm still a physical copy kinda gal and I've gone a bit nuts recently on all of your recommendations so I've ran out of bookcase space 🙈😂 also, is it just me or do you hate movie cover copies of books? It just ruins it for me.

Reactions: 8
@cherrymoon My Paperwhite came this afternoon! Can’t wait to finish work so I can play with it.

I have a beautiful leather cover I got when I got my first Kindle. I mistakenly thought it would fit my Paperwhite but it’s slightly too big and doesn’t fit . 😭
Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice cover for a Paperwhite please? I like the ones that fold over like a book.
Thanks book pals 🥰

Such a shame you didn’t like Evelyn.

What sort of books/genre’s do you like?
I love murder mysteries, historical biographies, thrillers, classic, dynasty type books..
I don’t really enjoy romantic fiction but I’ll try most genres really.
Recent favourites are The Maid, Pachinko, Eleonor Oliphant, and The Appeal - bit of a mixed bag really 😆
---
I'm still a physical copy kinda gal and I've gone a bit nuts recently on all of your recommendations so I've ran out of bookcase space 🙈😂 also, is it just me or do you hate movie cover copies of books? It just ruins it for me.
Yes! Hate it when they do this!
---
@mee43 which Kindle did you get? Mine is coming today 😃
I recently read 7 Husbands and really enjoyed it, but we all like different things. I expected to hate it so was surprised I liked it so much.
I got a paperwhite :) I love it so far.
I do like physical copies of books that I really love, but I find the kindle is such a space saver, plus it’s easier to travel with :)

• Heart
I don't have the space to store books unfortunately so a Kindle is great for me. It's also so good for travel. I have a few trips coming up so can't wait to use my shiny new Paperwhite. 🥳

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.