Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excellent! Glad I could help :)

Has any one had any issues with the Kindle insights? I had a reading streak and it didn’t record Feb 14 and 15 and said the last data had been received 13 Feb, it’s now updated to 16 Feb and is back to 1 day :( I wonder why it didn’t capture 14/15 Feb and if there is anything I can do about it?
Yes this happens to me as I was also reading ad making notes for a medical book and I lot everything. It didn’t backup or keep any of the notes I’d made over about 7 days of reading.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hi. I’ve just found you all over here. Love this thread.
I’ve just finished the latest jojo moyes - in her shoes. It kept me hooked and I finished it in a couple of days.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Got an email from Kindle Unlimited to say its increasing to £9.49 per month! Its only £1.50 increase but still seems alot!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Got an email from Kindle Unlimited to say its increasing to £9.49 per month! Its only £1.50 increase but still seems alot!
I thought the same! £1.50 a month isn’t much but over the year it’s £18 so it’s two and a half extra months worth of money. It prompted me immediately to check when my discounted trial runs out, turns out it’s next week. I’ve only got one KU book on the go which I should finish today or tomorrow so got no qualms about cancelling and holding out for another discounted (hopefully free) offer.

Reactions: 8
I thought the same! £1.50 a month isn’t much but over the year it’s £18 so it’s two and a half extra months worth of money. It prompted me immediately to check when my discounted trial runs out, turns out it’s next week. I’ve only got one KU book on the go which I should finish today or tomorrow so got no qualms about cancelling and holding out for another discounted (hopefully free) offer.
Yes I was the same. I paid for 6 months upfront for £24 about the 27th December so I will cancel in June before the increase and try and cram as many books in before then.

I signed up for 3 months free Kindle Unlimited, but I don’t think I’ll keep it. It seems like page after page of similar sounding books!
Although I’ve downloaded a Medieval murder mystery which so far seems ok :)

Reactions: 3
I thought the same about Kindle Unlimited. I bought 6 months which runs out at the end of June and will be cancelling before then. I can’t justify almost £10 a month for it

Reactions: 6
Mine would be due to increase next month so I’ve paid for a year at the current price and will make the use out of it. My goal this year was to get through my KU books anyway.

I’ve currently got an Audible offer for 3 months half price but it’s showing that tomorrow I’ll be charged £7.99 for that too 🤔 I’m hoping they’ll they deduct my saving but I’ll be on to them if they don’t as I’ve only had a months worth so far.

I thought the same about Kindle Unlimited. I bought 6 months which runs out at the end of June and will be cancelling before then. I can’t justify almost £10 a month for it
You can cancel now and still have access to end of membership. That’s what I did today.

Yes this happens to me as I was also reading ad making notes for a medical book and I lot everything. It didn’t backup or keep any of the notes I’d made over about 7 days of reading.
Jeez that’s such a shame. I wonder if there is a glitch in the app or something? Very sad I lost my streak and such a shame you didn’t have your notes saved.

Reactions: 1
It was good wasn’t it! Once I got my head round it all 😂
Have you read her other books? I loved The Appeal but found the second book the weakest of the 3.
---

---

I’ve just tried it for the lavender and computer says no 😔
yes the storyline did take me a good while to get my head around and it took about 1/4 of the book until I found myself reading ‘just a bit longer’. I read the appeal though I wasn’t so well at the time, and probably didn’t appreciate it as much as I would have but I remember being so excited by the concept when I first bought it. I didn’t read the second as the blurb didn’t stand out to me.
This is one of the best ‘storyline’ books I’ve read, one of those books that you wish you could read for the first time again!

I've just bought Godkiller by Hannah Kaner (purely based on the cover 🙈 it's gorgeous!) Has anyone read it? It seems interesting.

Finished the audiobook of Three women. Originally started reading it but couldnt get into it and someone here (sorry can’t remember) said to stick with it as its good.

So glad i did, what a great book!! Maggie’s story broke my heart 😩 love all of the ladies in the stories and just really captured how complex women and sex and life can be.

Would definitely recommend

Finished the audiobook of Three women. Originally started reading it but couldnt get into it and someone here (sorry can’t remember) said to stick with it as its good.

So glad i did, what a great book!! Maggie’s story broke my heart 😩 love all of the ladies in the stories and just really captured how complex women and sex and life can be.

Would definitely recommend
I think it was me. Its a book that has stuck with me since I read it. (It encouraged me to read Animal by the same author which was not good 😂)

I loved the way it was written and researched. Maggie's story was by far the saddest and gut wrenching. She doesnt use a pseudonym IIRC or its easy to read about the story because I remember googling it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.