Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The last few days I’ve been too tired to read after work and it’s making me so sad. It’s like I’m addicted to it and need to read every day haha. I have a few things on this weekend but hoping to be able to squeeze in some reading time.
Oh I've been the same! I'm halfway through Cleopatra and Frankenstein and thought I would have finished it earlier this week but work has wiped me out! Fingers crossed we get some reading in this weekend 🤝🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Guys, I tried watching Daisy Jones & The Six but it just kept reminding of Almost Famous. So I downloaded Almost Famous and watched that instead 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Oooo I haven't seen that before, may have to add it to my list.
It came out when I was a teen so I do have rose tinted glasses when it comes to some of the more problematic storylines 🤦 It's all about the director's experience working for Rolling Stone in the 1970s. They follow a fictional band called Stillwater and their "groupies" (called Band Aids in the film). It's a really great cast and the soundtrack is an absolute bop as you can imagine.

I am old so bought it for about £4.99 on Amazon Prime. But you can probably procure it elsewhere.

Do have the DVDs somewhere (as there's a directors cut too) but nothing to play it on these days.....

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think most of my favourite authors have been mentioned, so I’m just going to add Beatrix Potter to the list. I have such happy memories of reading about Peter Rabbits and Mrs Tiggywinkle when I was little with my parents.
same. And now as a mum I think I have to add Julia Donaldson for what I shared with my little one to start their reading journey 🥰

• Heart
I finished Liar by KL Slater today, I enjoyed it to begin with but the characters were soooo unlikeable I only rated it 2.5* in the end. Anyone who’s familiar with her, are there any others you’d recommend? I know a few are included with Audible

Reactions: 2
I absolutely blitzed through The Puppet Show by M.W. Craven, a completely thrilling thriller. I did not see the ending coming at all.

Trouble is it is the first of five Wahington Poe detective books and now I neeeeeeed the rest despite having a hefty tbr already.
I love them all, though I know that’s not what I should be saying 🤣

• Haha
I finished Strong Female Character by Fern Brady today.

I really liked it (listened to it on Audible). It's about her experience of living with autism and being diagnosed later in life, very relatable as my daughter is going through the same thing. My first 5* of the year .

Currently reading ‘fried green tomatoes at the whistle shop’ by Fannie flag

has anyone read it? Overall i am really enjoying it ( although I find it hard to believe people would be so accepting of a lesbian couple in that era) and find the constant time hopping quite annoying but still enjoying it.

I finished Strong Female Character by Fern Brady today.

I really liked it (listened to it on Audible). It's about her experience of living with autism and being diagnosed later in life, very relatable as my daughter is going through the same thing. My first 5* of the year .
I love Fern Brady, I had no idea she had a book! Thanks for the heads up!

Started the Daisy Jones tv show, it was....ok? Enjoyable but I'm not dying to binge it... Pretty similar to how I felt about the book!

Reactions: 3

has anyone read it? Overall i am really enjoying it ( although I find it hard to believe people would be so accepting of a lesbian couple in that era) and find the constant time hopping quite annoying but still enjoying it.
I absolutely love this book and the film. I've bought the sequel but haven't read it yet. I love the characters so much. In the film they portray it a bit more subtly.

i love this book! read it many years ago but keep meaning to reread it - i remember it being lovely.

• Heart
I finished Liar by KL Slater today, I enjoyed it to begin with but the characters were soooo unlikeable I only rated it 2.5* in the end. Anyone who’s familiar with her, are there any others you’d recommend? I know a few are included with Audible
I really enjoyed The Marriage and also Closer was good too!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.