Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started reading The Flatshare (need something light after Babel!) but the voice of Leon is quite off putting - it’s the way he’s narrating his parts. It’s like he can’t finish a full sentence.
I couldn’t finish it, I found the whole thing tedious unfortunately
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
I don’t mind Beth O’Leary’s books for something light and easy reading, ive read a couple of hers. Loved The Switch! I was going to get Road Trip but reviews look crap so don’t think I’ll bother.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
How many books do you guys have in your TBR collections? Just been sorting through my kindle this morning and have 133 TBR trouble is I add books when I see something I want to read and then never find enough time to read them!
I have 88 unread books on my kindle, and probably about 10/15 physical books. Not unmanageable but I’ve had my kindle less than a year and add to it a lot quicker than I get through it 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I don’t mind Beth O’Leary’s books for something light and easy reading, ive read a couple of hers. Loved The Switch! I was going to get Road Trip but reviews look crap so don’t think I’ll bother.
I preferred The Road Trip to The No Show

It was a bit predictable but most of her books, and all the others in that genre, are.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I preferred The Road Trip. It was an easy predictable read but served its purpose after a heavier book
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I’ve finished fairytale by Stephen King - this one was ok but I’m fast thinking that he’s just not an author I enjoy which is sad. I’ve just picked up Larklight by Phillip Reeve from my library pile so onto that now.

At last count my TBR is around 1000 - I need to do another count up at some point but I’ve not added to it in a few months which is a bonus!
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
My TBR list is 110 Kindle Books and 16 physical. I do have a bag of books my friends gave me but I'm not sure how many are in there. I got back into reading in the new year so no doubt that pile is going to grow 🤣

I've just finished A Man Called Ove. I found it really emotional yet heartwarming and funny at the same time. I cried at the end.

There was an intro to My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises at the end. I may have just added that to the TBR pile 😅 Now starting Local Woman Missing as I need to get through the 20 KU books in my library :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
My TBR list is 110 Kindle Books and 16 physical. I do have a bag of books my friends gave me but I'm not sure how many are in there. I got back into reading in the new year so no doubt that pile is going to grow 🤣

I've just finished A Man Called Ove. I found it really emotional yet heartwarming and funny at the same time. I cried at the end.

There was an intro to My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises at the end. I may have just added that to the TBR pile 😅 Now starting Local Woman Missing as I need to get through the 20 KU books in my library :)
MGSHRAA is a strange book. I loved it because I love Backman but its definitely the strangest book of his Ive read. Characters very well fleshed out though as always.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I've only read the first chapter but I am so drawn to Granny and can't wait to read more. I do love Backman's writing style and I love character driven books so even if it is a bit strange I think I will enjoy it based on the first chapter :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I think I’ve asked this on a previous thread but does anyone use collections on their kindle? I’m trying to organise my new kindle Busy deleting all my read NetGalley books and marking my purchased ones as read if I’ve read them. My TBR just on my kindle is wild , never mind my stash of paperbacks and library books to read 😰
I have a fiction and non-fiction collection. For a while I was extra organised and sorted the fiction by genre but I did not keep that up 😅
Once I've read something I delete it off my kindle so it's rare I have anything 'read' on there - it's all part-read or tbr.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I’ve finished fairytale by Stephen King - this one was ok but I’m fast thinking that he’s just not an author I enjoy which is sad. I’ve just picked up Larklight by Phillip Reeve from my library pile so onto that now.

At last count my TBR is around 1000 - I need to do another count up at some point but I’ve not added to it in a few months which is a bonus!
I think Stephen King has lost his way with the newer books. Everything after about Lisey's Story has been lacking his usual awesomeness.

As for tbr, I have about 350 physical books, I went through my Kindle recently and deleted all the bloatware - the First Reads I will never read and the 99p ones that I just got for the sake of it. Now there are 279 on there unread.

My wish list is very long.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I definitely found Stephen King's earlier work to be his best. I read The Cell and thought what on earth has happened 🙈

I'm currently reading Godkiller by Hannah Kaner and I'm enjoying it but struggling with the long chapters 🙈 sometimes I don't have much time to get a few chapters in so the fact that they go on and on is really off-putting. I'm 25% through and I'm looking forward to finishing it so that I can read something a bit lighter. I think I'm going to go for Daisy Jones and the Six next just before the series comes out.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any Audible recommendations? Bonus points if included in the 2for1. I realistically won’t continue using after my half price offer, so I want to use them wisely.

I mainly enjoy thrillers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
When you read the first book in a series that is 4+ books long, do you go straight into book 2 and binge the series or do you space the books out and read something else in-between.

I recently read the first book in the series of 11. Crime thriller books so nothing too heavy and the first book was really enjoyable.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
When you read the first book in a series that is 4+ books long, do you go straight into book 2 and binge the series or do you space the books out and read something else in-between.

I recently read the first book in the series of 11. Crime thriller books so nothing too heavy and the first book was really enjoyable.
If I’ve loved it then I will go on to the next and the next in the series. I don’t want it to end.
---
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
When you read the first book in a series that is 4+ books long, do you go straight into book 2 and binge the series or do you space the books out and read something else in-between.

I recently read the first book in the series of 11. Crime thriller books so nothing too heavy and the first book was really enjoyable.
I space them out so I don't blow through them too quickly and then get sad it's over.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
When you read the first book in a series that is 4+ books long, do you go straight into book 2 and binge the series or do you space the books out and read something else in-between.

I recently read the first book in the series of 11. Crime thriller books so nothing too heavy and the first book was really enjoyable.
I try to space them but if I really loved the book I sometimes can't wait 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I know there are a few fans of John Marrs on here - I finished The Marriage Act last night and really enjoyed it. It’s not a direct sequel to The Passengers (my second favourite of his, second to What Lies Between Us) but it does reference the driverless cars and the terrorist attacks on them. I’d definitely recommend it, 4/5 stars for me.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.