Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know there are a few fans of John Marrs on here - I finished The Marriage Act last night and really enjoyed it. It’s not a direct sequel to The Passengers (my second favourite of his, second to What Lies Between Us) but it does reference the driverless cars and the terrorist attacks on them. I’d definitely recommend it, 4/5 stars for me.
Ooh brill, I might make that my next read then
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I read Look Both Ways by Linwood Barclay which is about driverless cars, it wasn’t really for me. Has anyone read it and John Marrs The Passengers. Are they quite different storylines or did LB rip off JM?
 
I've finished reading The Hive by Scarlett Brade and I loved it! I think it was a recommendation from here so thank you to who suggested it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
I've just started Daisy Jones and the Six because I'm impatient and need a break from Godkiller 😂 at first I hated the writing style of it but I'm getting into it now and it's a nice easy read. Definitely will work better as a series though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
I don’t know why I’m in a slump. I’ve only read two books this month and finished The Lost Night by Andrea Bartz last night. It was a great book but took me most of this month to read.

I loved the post about the Stonemaidens that somebody shared from IG, going straight to amazon to buy a copy 😅

Honestly so many good authors and books never get the time of day. Some of my favourite authors I found by accident
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Dare I say it I think I have too many books on the go at once 😂 I’m flicking between them and not focusing on any of them properly. On the plus side I’m loving my Paperwhite 😍
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
@twilightgarden did you trade in a kindle when you got your paperwhite?

I sent mine last week. UPS shows me it was delivered Thursday but trade in account is still showing as not received.

I just want a new Kindle to add more books to that I might never read 🙂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
@twilightgarden did you trade in a kindle when you got your paperwhite?

I sent mine last week. UPS shows me it was delivered Thursday but trade in account is still showing as not received.

I just want a new Kindle to add more books to that I might never read 🙂
Yes I did, I ordered the Paperwhite straight away and hoping my trade in arrives with them soon! It did say in an email that they’re experiencing delays processing trade ins so I wouldn’t worry yet.
 
On an unrelated note, I hadn’t gotten around to doing the Kindle Insights trick yet but for some reason it has now counted 14/15 Feb!

Only on 22 days but it’s important to me to keep the streak going 😂

0DFD90BF-CE30-406E-85D0-2400BFA1658D.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
@twilightgarden did you trade in a kindle when you got your paperwhite?

I sent mine last week. UPS shows me it was delivered Thursday but trade in account is still showing as not received.

I just want a new Kindle to add more books to that I might never read 🙂
I had a trade in get lost at Amazon end. Tracking showed delivered but trade in account didn’t. I tried to sort it but had to wait until they sent me an email to say the trade in never arrived. It was a real pain but customer service did sort it eventually.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
I had a trade in get lost at Amazon end. Tracking showed delivered but trade in account didn’t. I tried to sort it but had to wait until they sent me an email to say the trade in never arrived. It was a real pain but customer service did sort it eventually.
They've got it and applied my £15 voucher. I've accidentally clicked buy now and the 20% trade in wasn't applied so hopefully I've cancelled and can start again.

Far too eager and too early to be paying attention. Hopefully it resolves itself as I'm going round in circles with the online chat.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Just finished Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane and loved it. I’d never read anything from her before but I’ll definitely be picking up more. Is anyone a fan and can recommend her best books? I’m having such a good reading month this month, not read anything I haven’t liked 🤩 (except the weird Gabby Petito story)
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Im the opposite Ive had a terrible reading month. I think Betty has just killed off any motivation I have to read.

Im v intrigued about trading my kindle in but the charging port is dodgy so Im not sure its worth it. I can get it to charge but I need to angle the cable right. I suppose Id still get the 20% off but I reckon if I hold off Amazon will have a sale or prime day eventually and Id get that anyway.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Just finished Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane and loved it. I’d never read anything from her before but I’ll definitely be picking up more. Is anyone a fan and can recommend her best books? I’m having such a good reading month this month, not read anything I haven’t liked 🤩 (except the weird Gabby Petito story)
I've read all of hers and there aren't any I didn't enjoy! She's brilliant. She has a new one coming out in a few months which I'm really looking forward to. :giggle:
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Im the opposite Ive had a terrible reading month. I think Betty has just killed off any motivation I have to read.

Im v intrigued about trading my kindle in but the charging port is dodgy so Im not sure its worth it. I can get it to charge but I need to angle the cable right. I suppose Id still get the 20% off but I reckon if I hold off Amazon will have a sale or prime day eventually and Id get that anyway.
I thought they'd reduce my voucher to £5 as one of my buttons didn't work but I'm guessing they can fix that easily enough and gave me the £15.

Either way, I was always going to upgrade as mine was 11 years old so the voucher and 20% is a bonus.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Just finished Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane and loved it. I’d never read anything from her before but I’ll definitely be picking up more. Is anyone a fan and can recommend her best books? I’m having such a good reading month this month, not read anything I haven’t liked 🤩 (except the weird Gabby Petito story)
I’ve read most of Mhairi McFarlane books (only buy when 99p so if it’s not been 99p I’ve not bought it), and I’ve enjoyed all that I’ve read. I found them easy and light reads. I’d definitely buy anything she wrote when on offer.
---
I thought they'd reduce my voucher to £5 as one of my buttons didn't work but I'm guessing they can fix that easily enough and gave me the £15.

Either way, I was always going to upgrade as mine was 11 years old so the voucher and 20% is a bonus.
Wow I sent in two barely used kindles (only three years old) and I included cover too and only got £5 for each of them. I feel cheated now.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Im having a tit reading month too.

Started Klara and the sun and its taking me AGES to finish it. Feels like a drag atm, its not like I want to DNF it either, im interested but can’t seem to concentrate long enough to read it.

Think i need a good fantasy book after this to reel me back in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Im having a tit reading month too.

Started Klara and the sun and its taking me AGES to finish it. Feels like a drag atm, its not like I want to DNF it either, im interested but can’t seem to concentrate long enough to read it.

Think i need a good fantasy book after this to reel me back in.
I wasn’t all that enticed by Klara either tbh. It was fine, but didn’t understand the fuss.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Urgh I'm in a massive slump again! Although it probably doesn't help I'm now addicted to Hogwarts Legacy :ROFLMAO: maybe I need a night off and read tonight instead 🙈 my local Aldi had a book stand and books were £2.99 each so i brought some that I probably don't even intend to read :ROFLMAO:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.