Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
November books. Some decent enough reads there but nothing that properly stood out for me unfortunately.

BC32DC7C-3833-48B2-BC23-16FA459569E8.jpeg

Reactions: 7
This month was a 50/50 for enjoyment.

Highly recommend A Flaw in the design by Nathan Oates. It’s one of those books that gave me high anxiety and that I have a love-hate relationship with.
I find it frustrating that you and the main character can see somebody is evil but everybody else think they are brilliant. For some reason it really gets to me 😂

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Does anyone here use NetGalley? If so, how many books are on your shelf? I think I have a serious problem 😬 Determined to get the number down to single figures.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Does anyone here use NetGalley? If so, how many books are on your shelf? I think I have a serious problem 😬 Determined to get the number down to single figures.
Let's just say in the beginning I went overboard. I have well over 900+ books and it's caused issues because if you don't review some publishers won't approve you.
Now I only ask for books I definitely want to read. Just got approved for the new Mary Kubica book Just the Nicest Couple and will start that tonight

Reactions: 4
Let's just say in the beginning I went overboard. I have well over 900+ books and it's caused issues because if you don't review some publishers won't approve you.
Now I only ask for books I definitely want to read. Just got approved for the new Mary Kubica book Just the Nicest Couple and will start that tonight
900 books to be read on your shelf?! 😱 I don’t feel so bad about my double figures now. When I first got it I went overboard with requests so I just try to request what I really like the look of. I don’t do New Year’s resolutions but the plan is to get my NetGalley down to single figures in 2023 🤞

Has anyone got any good festive reads they’d recommend? I have a few on my kindle and reading In a Holidaze at the moment but wanna see if I have any of your recs already!!!

Reactions: 2
For me this month, Dark Matter and Booth stood out. I’ve also started to sneak some festive reads in and it’s all systems go from today 😂

CA8AC3D2-FC4F-4F5C-A5A3-021E1E14D247.jpeg

Reactions: 7
Could I ask, how do you all get those images with the books you’ve rea don? Is it an image template or an app you u eat log what you’ve read? Is there app that links with kindle? I do have good reads but I don’t get, or can’t find, any nice images like the ones posted here.
X

Could I ask, how do you all get those images with the books you’ve rea don? Is it an image template or an app you u eat log what you’ve read? Is there app that links with kindle? I do have good reads but I don’t get, or can’t find, any nice images like the ones posted here.
X
So I get a template of IG and then use IG to add a book everytine I finish.
Don’t know if there is other apps etc to do this

I enjoyed the Kindle talk a few pages ago! I am pretty clueless and have a very basic Kindle atm. I want to upgrade but not sure what to go for. Is the general consensus that the Paperwhite Signature is the best? Help!!!

I enjoyed the Kindle talk a few pages ago! I am pretty clueless and have a very basic Kindle atm. I want to upgrade but not sure what to go for. Is the general consensus that the Paperwhite Signature is the best? Help!!!
I really rate my Paperwhite Signature, I use it more than my Oasis! If you don't think you need the 32gig storage I think the regular Paperwhite (or Paperwhite kids, same device) is still great. Just doesn't have wireless charging or auto-light adjusting sensors (which change the backlight according to ambient light, but I often change mine manually on the Signature anyway!).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I really like my kindle signature. I do have the oasis (did, I’ve sent it to Amazon for a tradein) but for some reason I prefer the signature. Might simply be the colour of my case (shallow girl that I am), or that the battery lasts so much longer. Not sure why really. But can definitely recommend the signature.

• Heart
Another kindle paperwhite lover. So convenient for reading in between things through out the day, and the charge lasts forever!

Shuggie Bain is 99p. I repeat Shuggie Bain is 99p.

99p deals

School for Good Mothers
The Golden Couple
The Flatshare
Ready Player One
An American Marriage
The Snowman
The Paris Apartment

If you like Romance. Flock the first in the Ravenhood series is 99p aswell.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
374F9905-29A7-443E-BEBC-7010A5CC5649.jpeg

Have read an American marriage and the flatshare , already have shuggie but still to read, and am still debating ready player one…it’s not at all my genre but people I love have loved it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.