Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LOVED the Prison Healer, esp the last couple of chapters but I can kind of guess what happens now but hoping i’m wrong and it continues to surprise me

Not really into chick lits atm but felt like a ‘festive’ read so started one day in December. If anyone has read it, is it any Any good? Is it even festive? 🤣

They’re currently filming Lessons In Chemistry- I always like to see how the movie turns out in comparison to the book

Reactions: 8
I just read Woom - WTF! I couldn’t put it down once I’d started and felt physically sick at points. I strangely enjoyed it despite it probably being the most disturbing book I’ve read.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
They’re currently filming Lessons In Chemistry- I always like to see how the movie turns out in comparison to the book
ooo! just looked and saw brie larson is the lead - i’d kind of pictured an aubrey plaza type in my head but could work! the book is so based on internal monologues though, and mad has the potential to be irritating on screen, but we’ll see.

i need to see six thirty because he is the star of the whole thing.

I just read Woom - WTF! I couldn’t put it down once I’d started and felt physically sick at points. I strangely enjoyed it despite it probably being the most disturbing book I’ve read.
I was the same. :LOL: When i was a teenager I read a lot of Richard laymon books. The writing style reminded me a lot of those. The very end left me feeling extremely uncomfortable, and you could really tell it was written by a man. :rolleyes: I saw a review talking about the book being about two broken people finding each other and forming a beautiful relationship. Just no. I pray to god they never make a film of this!

Reactions: 2
I was the same. :LOL: When i was a teenager I read a lot of Richard laymon books. The writing style reminded me a lot of those. The very end left me feeling extremely uncomfortable, and you could really tell it was written by a man. :rolleyes: I saw a review talking about the book being about two broken people finding each other and forming a beautiful relationship. Just no. I pray to god they never make a film of this!
I read at the end of the book that he’s making it into a screenplay. I can see some of it on screen like the heroin bags, the mannequin (up until the mutilation) and maybe even the coathanger but definitely not Angel pushing his head into Shyla’s vagina and being reborn.

• Haha
I read at the end of the book that he’s making it into a screenplay. I can see some of it on screen like the heroin bags, the mannequin (up until the mutilation) and maybe even the coathanger but definitely not Angel pushing his head into Shyla’s vagina and being reborn.
I’ve already downloaded the book, but I clicked these spoilers to read just out of interest and I’m absolutely crying 😭😂

• Haha
I’ve already downloaded the book, but I clicked these spoilers to read just out of interest and I’m absolutely crying 😭😂
I love how weird they must seem without context and believe me they’re even weirder with it! Get the book read and report back - it will only take 1-2 hours or so.

• Haha
I have just started Twisted Hate by Ana Huang ❤🔥 I heard it’s meant to be the best book in the twisted series! Is anyone a fan of the books x
I’ve got them all on my tbr… for some reason I have to buy the entire series of books before even reading the first one 🤦‍♀️

LOVED the Prison Healer, esp the last couple of chapters but I can kind of guess what happens now but hoping i’m wrong and it continues to surprise me

Not really into chick lits atm but felt like a ‘festive’ read so started one day in December. If anyone has read it, is it any Any good? Is it even festive? 🤣
Omggggg one day in december is one of my favourite books.
Its kind of festive but it’s not mega chick lit. I read it every year, I just love the story

Reactions: 1
Just finished The Christmas Killer by Alex Pine. Took me 10 days to finish it. Gave it 3 stars, wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Don't know what to pick up next!

Just finished The Christmas Killer by Alex Pine. Took me 10 days to finish it. Gave it 3 stars, wasn't as good as I wanted it to be. Don't know what to pick up next!
I felt the same about that book.

I really wanted it to be great but it wasn't.

I felt the same about that book.

I really wanted it to be great but it wasn't.
I’ve got it on my TBR but I think I’ll skip over it now.
I was disappointed in The Santa Killer too so don’t want to carry on the streak.

wonderful book!

i’ve recommended it to so many people (if you’re reading this and like a really good contemporary family saga, this is the book for you)
Ya know it's really unfair when I see people recommending books that I would really enjoy. Especially now I'm on a book buying ban.

*clicks add to basket*

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ya know it's really unfair when I see people recommending books that I would really enjoy. Especially now I'm on a book buying ban.

*clicks add to basket*
i hope you like it 🤣💙

i haven’t done much yet today beyond reading paris daillencourt is about to crumble and honestly, if you like cute gay romances, then read this one, it’s adorable and has a BAKING COMPETITION in it.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.