Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone go for the kindle deal where if you spend £15 you got £5 credit? Just wondering when I’ll actually receive the credit as spent the money on Sunday!!
Not this time but I’ve done it in the past and it’s worked ok. It sometimes takes a day or so for the credit to be applied but it should automatically show when you’re trying to buy something - usually says “price after credit” or something like that! If it isn’t defo drop them a line.

Reactions: 2
Ive had the credit applied automatically with these types of deals in the past and then also had to chase it up with customer service as not got it at all aswell. I think its hit and miss.

I did this last night and immediately received the email. It said up to four days IIRC but it might be worth speaking to them?
I have was like trying to get blood out of a stone had to send them screenshots and all sorts and still not had it!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Last One At The Party is on a kindle daily deal today. I'm pretty sure it was popular here? I loved it.

I finished 'A Thousand Boy Kisses' and dont have any books lined up for the first time in a while.

I need to dive in quick though or I'll hit a slump.

Reactions: 5
Last One At The Party is on a kindle daily deal today. I'm pretty sure it was popular here? I loved it.

I finished 'A Thousand Boy Kisses' and dont have any books lined up for the first time in a while.

I need to dive in quick though or I'll hit a slump.
Last one at the party isn’t my normal read but it was recommended on here and I can’t wait for the sequel 😊

@Caffeine Fiend It's actually the only book I've deleted off my Kindle for the sake of my mental health 😬 But I was still doing night feeds with my youngest at that point so was a bit fragile. Don't think I could go back to it for a wee while.

Oh gosh. I have it in my kindle from a deal earlier this year. I thought the stranding was a great read but found all the post apocalyptic stuff a bit too close to home with current global madness. Might the same thing happen with last one at the party??

I kind of want a scribe...I do not need a scribe.
Me too. I kind of REALLY want a scribe but I definitely DO NO need one. LoL
I’m presently trading in all my old kindles, except my signature and voyage, and seeing what credit note amount coupled with my 20% off gets it down to.

Has anyone not loved Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow?
I think I must be in the minority. I got 80 pages in and it wasn't gripping me at all.

Has anyone not loved Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow?
I think I must be in the minority. I got 80 pages in and it wasn't gripping me at all.
I would stick with it a bit longer. It's my favourite book of the year but the second half is definitely better.

Eek, I am really not enjoying Every Summer After at all. It's marketed as 'in the vein of' Love and Other Words but it's really a straight up rip-off, bordering on plagiarism to be honest.

Eek, I am really not enjoying Every Summer After at all. It's marketed as 'in the vein of' Love and Other Words but it's really a straight up rip-off, bordering on plagiarism to be honest.
I read LAOW after reading Every Summer After and thought the storylines were super similar! I really didn't enjoy LAOW though and didn't finish it. I loved Every Summer After but definitely tainted it knowing it was copied.

I'm thinking of downloading Last one at the party as well. I know this sounds silly, but can anyone tell me if the dog dies in it before I do? I can't deal with that right now.

• Heart
I'm thinking of downloading Last one at the party as well. I know this sounds silly, but can anyone tell me if the dog dies in it before I do? I can't deal with that right now.
Not really a spoiler but just in case
There is some disturbing ways in which animals are dying. Specifically dogs if it will bother you. I got fairly angry about some of it but in the end still enjoyed the book.
It;s not really animal abuse but if you are affected by stuff like that don't read it at the moment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.