Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all! I’m back, kind of. I’m not reading/finishing physical books since it’s very difficult to get through. I read about 3 pages at a time, but im listening to a lot of audio books and will keep doing so. They help pass the time dying breastfeeding and this solo newborn stage thing.

im currently on Billy Summers, about halfway.
So far I’ve listened to:
The Plot ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Small town, big magic ⭐
and then there were none ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The lamplighters ⭐⭐⭐
Vladimir ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Before the coffee gets cold ⭐⭐⭐
The last thing he told me ⭐⭐
the institute ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Anyone else had one of these emails? Just as a new lots of monthly deals is about to hit! I’d vowed to cut down my TBR pile as well. 🤦‍♀️ Quick tip, last time there was a similar offer I had to chase up the credit so worth screen shotting the T&Cs in case that happens! Happy book buying!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm incredibly hyped for the monthly kindle deal switchover. I have about 50 books on my wishlist surely SOME will go to 99p 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I read Small Things Like These - Claire Keegan last night. It was a lovely story. Im usually not a huge fan of novellas as I always feel they lack something but this was beautiful. The imagery was so detailed and real.

I can see why it was short listed for the Booker.

So none of my wish list books went to 99p but 4 dropped into KU so I best get ready 😂

The Silent Patient is 99p today as is Dirt Town. I read the latter as an ARC on Net Galley. I enjoyed it, it was set in rural Australia which is a bit different.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
7 wishlist books down to 99p today! None of the ones I REAAALLYY wanted, but I'll take it!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I read Small Things Like These - Claire Keegan last night. It was a lovely story. Im usually not a huge fan of novellas as I always feel they lack something but this was beautiful. The imagery was so detailed and real.

I can see why it was short listed for the Booker.

So none of my wish list books went to 99p but 4 dropped into KU so I best get ready 😂

The Silent Patient is 99p today as is Dirt Town. I read the latter as an ARC on Net Galley. I enjoyed it, it was set in rural Australia which is a bit different.
I'm on the waitlist for that at my local library. Not like I have enough to read at the moment 😂

Reactions: 1
I'm on the waitlist for that at my local library. Not like I have enough to read at the moment 😂
I got it for £1.29 I think a few weeks ago. It was on a daily deal. Only reason I bought it. Youl read it in an hour or so. Good one if youre in a slump imo.

I've still to figure how to add books to my wish list on my Kindle 😖 My Prime account isn't linked to my Kindle. Do you still get emailed if books on your wish list drop in price?

In the meantime I'm hitting refresh on this website 🤣 https://jennamorrissey.com/

I do all the wish list on the amazon app or browser and just check it in the morn whilst I have my coffee.

Reactions: 2
I got it for £1.29 I think a few weeks ago. It was on a daily deal. Only reason I bought it. Youl read it in an hour or so. Good one if youre in a slump imo.
The daily deals keep screwing me over since Amazon stopped letting you buy books on the mobile Kindle app 😞 Or maybe that was more a Google decision. Anyway I always forget to go back to my Kindle and buy them (my Kindle isn't hooked up to my work Wi Fi).

Get the violins out 🤣🤣 🎻🎻🎻

The daily deals keep screwing me over since Amazon stopped letting you buy books on the mobile Kindle app 😞 Or maybe that was more a Google decision. Anyway I always forget to go back to my Kindle and buy them (my Kindle isn't hooked up to my work Wi Fi).

I look on the app too. If I want any I go to browser. Im logged in on them all. I use my kindle solely for reading. I send all my books electronically to the kindle.

Mine is a few years old and browsing on it infuriates me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I look on the app too. If I want any I go to browser. Im logged in on them all. I use my kindle solely for reading. I send all my books electronically to the kindle.

Mine is a few years old and browsing on it infuriates me 😂
I'm such a dinosaur that I usually C&P the link into Evernote on my phone. The Amazon app on my phone is linked to our family Prime account which post dates my Kindle account (which is about 12 years old 😳). Now if Amazon just did a deal with Borrowbox then I would be happy (they never will though.....).

Totally think I've found my people on this thread. Nowhere else could I get such good chat on Kindle Daily Deals logistics 🤣

Had a quick scan of the 99p offers...

True Crime Story by Joseph Knox. I read this last year. Its written in quite a strange way but I did enjoy it. The ending wasnt perfect for me but they never are with thrillers. Im a hard person to please.

The Push by Ashley Audrain. I loved this one. Very tense and uncomfortable.

Books Ive bought that I liked the sound of. All 99p

The Ex Hex - Erin Sterling
What Happens in Dubai - Sophie Gravia (read the first one so my toxic trait is I need to read the 2nd even though it wasnt v good)
Pretty Girls - Karin Slaughter (this has got rave reviews on Bookstagram)
The House Across the Lake - Riley Sager
The Herd - Emily Edwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
(

I don’t bother with the Amazon app anymore (apart from occasional non-Kindle purchases!). The Kindle Daily Deal page is a permanently open tab in Safari on my phone so easy to click on each day to have a look at the deals and buy it any straight from there.

I'm such a dinosaur that I usually C&P the link into Evernote on my phone. The Amazon app on my phone is linked to our family Prime account which post dates my Kindle account (which is about 12 years old 😳). Now if Amazon just did a deal with Borrowbox then I would be happy (they never will though.....).

Totally think I've found my people on this thread. Nowhere else could I get such good chat on Kindle Daily Deals logistics 🤣
Yes I have a system 😂 its so annoying not being able to buy from the app though. It still annoys me but I definitely dont have as many impulse purchases which cant be a bad thing.

One wish list book down to 99p today.

Two Prime early reads though 👀 what’s everyone going for? I’ve chosen The Edge and The Quarry Girls.

I’ve been wanting to read Pretty Girls and The House Across the Lake for so long, been waiting for an offer. Thank you @Caffeine Fiend!

I’ve gone for The Quarry Girls and The Edge, both sound good although I don’t think I’ve read a first reads book yet 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.