Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm trying to decide if to go for Every Summer After or not, It sounds quite Paper Palace-esque which is fine but im unsure.

Reactions: 1
Er books that rip your heart out, books with characters I can deeply care about or smut. 🤣🙈
I've just started Boys Don't Cry and I'd say it fits the first part of your brief. Short chapters too which is helping me fly through it.

The idiot I am as I didn't realise that there was a new thread 🙈 Anyway, am parked here now!

Reactions: 3
I've just started Boys Don't Cry and I'd say it fits the first part of your brief. Short chapters too which is helping me fly through it.

The idiot I am as I didn't realise that there was a new thread 🙈 Anyway, am parked here now!
By Fiona Scarlett? I adored it 🥰 loved both Joe and little Finn 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I read The Heart's Invisible Furies after seeing it recommended on here, it's probably in my top 5 books I've read this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I got the 2 months free kindle unlimited deal recently, went to cancel [so I wouldn't get a sneaky surprise of the cost!] and they offfered me another month so I have it until December - what are everyone's recommendations on there? Any gems?
I like to read a good cosy romance [like Debbie Macomber], modern romance [Colleen Hoover], a shocking dark read [just finished My Dark Vanessa and my fave book of all time is Lolita] and I adore a good thriller with a twist!

the conversation from the last thread has inspired me to finally pick up sorrow and bliss so, we’ll see!
quoting myself to say i’m about a third of the way in and i wish this book was about ingrid instead 🤣 she lights the whole thing up whenever she appears.

thats what I kept thinking too. Loved her
same - she injects so much life whenever she’s there!

it’s beautifully written and the character building and descriptions are gorgeous: but so far i can only concur with the thoughts on the last thread, martha is a difficult character to be inside the mind of and patrick is an absolute saint. i’m liking it, but surprised to see so many of the reviews on the inside cover calling it “funny”.

So pleased to see there are other DCI Kett fans here. I have two to catch up with in that series.

My next listen is going to be A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder and for an actual read I’m undecided between Sorrow and Bliss (mixed reviews here are interesting so I’d like to see which side I fall!) and Only Child.

If I do well I might fit both in before the month is out. I’m back on a roll this month since it dwindled a bit from June.

Reactions: 2
So pleased to see there are other DCI Kett fans here. I have two to catch up with in that series.

My next listen is going to be A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder and for an actual read I’m undecided between Sorrow and Bliss (mixed reviews here are interesting so I’d like to see which side I fall!) and Only Child.

If I do well I might fit both in before the month is out. I’m back on a roll this month since it dwindled a bit from June.
Would be interested to discuss a good girls guide to murder with you.

I thought the first was only ok (and I love YA and crime books so should have been right up my ally) and then the rest of the series was awful! But so many people rave over them, so I might be in the minority.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Would be interested to discuss a good girls guide to murder with you.

I thought the first was only ok (and I love YA and crime books so should have been right up my ally) and then the rest of the series was awful! But so many people rave over them, so I might be in the minority.
I shall report back in a few days. I thought the same about the YA series One of Us is Lying. First book was a really good read and then the others were a bit of a let down.

have you read ‘the hearts invisible furies’ for heart wrenching? The characters stayed with me for so long after I read it

for smut, there is a series called ‘this man’ thats a very good one 🤣 Or very smutty the bared to you series by sylvia day, it what 50 shades wanted to be imo
I’ve just finished the hearts invisible furies 🤣 & 😭 throughout. What an absolute epic. Needed a day or so just to let it linger with me before starting a new book. I’m holidaying and have come here for some good recommendations. I was so chuffed to see you recommended THIF that I just had to second before sniffing through the thread for some ideas. Will get back to looking now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just finished the hearts invisible furies 🤣 & 😭 throughout. What an absolute epic. Needed a day or so just to let it linger with me before starting a new book. I’m holidaying and have come here for some good recommendations. I was so chuffed to see you recommended THIF that I just had to second before sniffing through the thread for some ideas. Will get back to looking now.
It really does stay with you when you read it. I had book hangover for a few days after I finished as I didnt want to give up the characters 😩

you will get lots of great ideas on these threads 😀

• Heart
It really does stay with you when you read it. I had book hangover for a few days after I finished as I didnt want to give up the characters 😩

you will get lots of great ideas on these threads 😀
Yeah that’s how I feel, got my husband on it since yesterday and he can’t put it down, slightly jealous, it’s not my standard 😉 he’s got Cecil Cyril and Mrs G in his life 😭

Yep I always pop in here to have a look for recommendations when I’m struggling, you guys are brilliant 🤩 you’re doing gods work 👏

• Heart
Ive just cleaned my house from top to bottom, got my candles lit and dinner in the slow cooker.

Im going to try finish Dreamland this afternoon so I can start something fresh 😊

Its a local public holiday here tomorrow so no Sunday night blues here!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.