Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the point of it? I have about 20 pages left and will be glad to finish. I don’t find any of the characters particularly likeable.
if you feel like that now then the end will make you mad - i’d liked it throughout and the ending really bugged me. if you have 20 pages left then you may as well finish, i’d be interested to know what you think!

Reactions: 3
I went for The Edge and The Quarry Girls.

I am reading Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier. It was a 99p purchase in October. I started it at 11am and am 74% through, will finish it tonight. Absolutely harrowing, mind bending page turner, fab book!

Reactions: 6
I got The Winners today (the last one in the beartown series) and I don't think I'm emotionally ready to start it but also can't wait to read it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What did you think? I did feel like you’d mentioned or recommended Skint Estate before!
Id probably recommend them all tbh. Also looking at your September reads quite a few of them Ive either read them or have on my TBR pile 😂 we must have similar tastes.

Reactions: 2
I am reading Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier. It was a 99p purchase in October. I started it at 11am and am 74% through, will finish it tonight. Absolutely harrowing, mind bending page turner, fab book!
Ooh intriguing. Managed to get it on Borrow Box so I’ll give this a read.

Reactions: 1
Finished dreamland. I’m a little bereft. I found it a bit slow in places, but then just was not ready for it to end. Not enough Davey in the middle. And I think I’m too anxious at the moment for it to have been a wise read! But a very solid 4/5. Thanks to @Caffeine Fiend for reminding me I had it!

Reactions: 4
Finished dreamland. I’m a little bereft. I found it a bit slow in places, but then just was not ready for it to end. Not enough Davey in the middle. And I think I’m too anxious at the moment for it to have been a wise read! But a very solid 4/5. Thanks to @Caffeine Fiend for reminding me I had it!
Yes I couldnt really sum it up better. It was definitely slow in places but I did love it. The characters were great.

I think its just too close to home right now for a novel that is supposed to be Dystopian? :(

I got The Winners today (the last one in the beartown series) and I don't think I'm emotionally ready to start it but also can't wait to read it 😂
How did you get it?!? Says 4th Oct for me. Are you not in the UK :(

Last edited:
  • Heart
I just got kindle unlimited free for 3 months, any recommendations guys? — I’ve had it before so must be for any prime members, it’s free why not? X

I just got kindle unlimited free for 3 months, any recommendations guys? — I’ve had it before so must be for any prime members, it’s free why not? X
There are some of my favourite KU reads :

Big Chicas Don't Cry by Annette Chavas Marcas
Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan
What Passes as Love by Trisha Thomas
Once Upon a River by Diane Setterfield
Where The Lost Wonder by Amy Harmon
The Murmur of Bees by Sofia Segovia

• Heart
I'm on to chapter 7 and so invested already....... Its going to break my heart but I'm ready 💔

Dilemma: what to do when the book club book is so awful I don’t want to waste my time reading it?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.