Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I didn’t realise there was 2 this month! Not sure what else to go for

Reactions: 1
I thought The Stroke of Winter sounded good so got that one, not sure if I want a second but the selection this month seems better than usual? Can't wait to not read this and delete it in a year's time.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've heard a lot of good things about The Last Girl to Die - currently 99p.

A few of the First Reads sound promising this month. The Stroke of Winter looks like it might be a good spooky read for Halloween. Will read up on the books a bit more before I make my choices.

Reactions: 4
I went for The Edge and Over Her Dead Body.

I fancied Critical But Stable but was put off that it said I had been published under another name previously. I want a new book not an old one.

Happy 1 October guys aka new monthly Kindle deals. *Just* three for me this month
Screenshot_20221001-114049_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I went for Well Behaved Wives and Over Her Dead Body for Prime 1st Reads.

Currently reading Last Night by Mhairí Mc Farland and I've skimmed a bit already.

Reactions: 2
I got all of these on 99p deals today! Very happy

Pretty girls - Karin Slaughter
The house across the lake - Riley Sager
The push - Ashley Audrain
Cuts both ways - Candice Brathwaite
Kim jiyoung born 1982 - Cho Nam Joo
True crime story - Joseph Knox
Love as always, mum xxx - Mae West
Skint estate - Cash Carraway

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I went for Dirt Town by Hayley Scrivenor (thanks @Caffeine Fiend) and The House Across the Lake by Riley Sager (thanks @vanilla cupcakes) 🙂

I feel like I’m drowning in things to read/listen to atm because I have a free trial of Kindle Unlimited, three month discounted Audible, and I finally got signed up to BorrowBox and Libby recently.

Not that I’m complaining obviously 🤣

Reactions: 7
I got all of these on 99p deals today! Very happy

Pretty girls - Karin Slaughter
The house across the lake - Riley Sager
The push - Ashley Audrain
Cuts both ways - Candice Brathwaite
Kim jiyoung born 1982 - Cho Nam Joo
True crime story - Joseph Knox
Love as always, mum xxx - Mae West
Skint estate - Cash Carraway
So I bought the first 2 and have read The Push, Kim Jiyoung Born 1982, True Crime Story and Skint Estate.

Reactions: 3
Am I the only person who doesn’t bother with First Reads? I’ve got so many books already on my TBR and wish list that i do really want to read, the thought of adding even more to the pile stresses me out! 😂

Had a quick scan of the 99p offers...

True Crime Story by Joseph Knox. I read this last year. Its written in quite a strange way but I did enjoy it. The ending wasnt perfect for me but they never are with thrillers. Im a hard person to please.

The Push by Ashley Audrain. I loved this one. Very tense and uncomfortable.

Books Ive bought that I liked the sound of. All 99p

The Ex Hex - Erin Sterling
What Happens in Dubai - Sophie Gravia (read the first one so my toxic trait is I need to read the 2nd even though it wasnt v good)
Pretty Girls - Karin Slaughter (this has got rave reviews on Bookstagram)
The House Across the Lake - Riley Sager
The Herd - Emily Edwards.
Delighted The House Across The Lake is 99p I'm a big fan of Riley Sager love all his previous books

1473FF5A-1D6E-4FC0-ACB1-643F0A6B8044.jpeg

I’ve had some amazing reads this month! Asking For It especially has been one I’ve thought about a lot since finishing. I’d recommend any of these! (I’m including A Little Life because I’m 93% through and not letting it take up half my month and not be included🤣 - hoping to finish it tonight)

Reactions: 10
Am I the only person who doesn’t bother with First Reads? I’ve got so many books already on my TBR and wish list that i do really want to read, the thought of adding even more to the pile stresses me out! 😂
Nah I do! Free books! Plus you might find something really really good!

Reactions: 3
I usually don't bother. I think this month's selection looks quite good though. I usually don't see much that interests me on First Reads.

View attachment 1618135
I’ve had some amazing reads this month! Asking For It especially has been one I’ve thought about a lot since finishing. I’d recommend any of these! (I’m including A Little Life because I’m 93% through and not letting it take up half my month and not be included🤣 - hoping to finish it tonight)
I loved Rock Paper Scissors!

I’ve gone for The Stroke of Winter and The Quarry Girls for first reads.

I’m also really enjoying making the little monthly wrap up pictures 😅 As I usually read on my kindle I never really notice the covers on my books but I am now. I’m only 5 books away from hitting my annual goal of 100!
000F974A-E323-4A6F-9894-1B6345DC317E.jpeg

Reactions: 8
Ooh I’d forgotten about this yesterday…

80% through Sorrow and Bliss but I’ll finish today. It’s had mixed reviews here and I see both sides. I want to love it but there’s something missing for me and I can’t put my finger on what it is.

C28BAE8E-4DED-4767-A6CE-B7FDD25C6192.jpeg

Reactions: 7
I read just the 3, Caraval, Legendary & The Weekend Away but i'm aiming for a few more in October.

I’ve been struggling with my reading for a few weeks 😔 Aiming to finish The Paper Palace, am I missing something or is it seriously overhyped?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.