Books #10 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love how we read the same books and all take something different from it. About the only thread on here where you can have a different opinion and it doesn't end in a 23 page binfest.

I am rereading some Phillipa Gregory, easy comforting reads as I have lost my mojo. I did a big wob order taking advantage of their buy 3 get one free deal. So four books for £10. Going back to my buying books and reading books being two entirely different pastimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I love how we read the same books and all take something different from it. About the only thread on here where you can have a different opinion and it doesn't end in a 23 page binfest.
Oh yes me too. I am delighted when I find one person with a similar impression to my own as it makes me feel less like I’ve missed something! There is no objective right or wrong in appreciation though. It’s so entirely subjective.

Going back to my buying books and reading books being two entirely different pastimes
I’m sorry but this really made me laugh 😋

Reactions: 7

I am rereading some Phillipa Gregory, easy comforting reads as I have lost my mojo. I did a big wob order taking advantage of their buy 3 get one free deal. So four books for £10. Going back to my buying books and reading books being two entirely different pastimes.
which of Philippa Gregory's books are you reading? I know they're not the most historically accurate but I've enjoyed the ones I've read! The Constant Princess was my fave.

Reactions: 4
I started a new book i finished Station Eleven and gave it 4/5 stars on goodreads. The book is « the collector » by john fowles and the protagonist is weird and a creep but it’s very intriguing😂 yesterday I bought « »first born » after all the good things i read here😻 i read the first chapter before buying it and it was interesting.

Reactions: 6
Just finished an old amazon prime first reads from April 2020 it was dull as dishwater

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I deleted all my first reads, they were all rubbish and I only got them because they were free. I also slog through a lot of books I picked up just because they were 99p. Now I have a rule that it must be a book that I've specifically chosen for my wishlist, and THEN I have to wait for it to go to 99p.

Reactions: 10
Finished the last revival of opal & Nev- took me a while to get into because I kept comparing it (unfairly) to Daisy jones and the six as it is very similar in the style of a history of a 70s band but that’s honestly where the similarities end! There was none of the perfection of Daisy jones - Opal had many flaws that were discussed and it delved deeply into discrimination and racism in the 70s and now. It was really, REALLY good. There was an interesting plot and twists as well. Would really recommend!!

Reactions: 3
Just finished an old amazon prime first reads from April 2020 it was dull as dishwater
Which one was it? I read Blackout recently (Prime 1st Reads) and it was completely and utterly shyte so I've actively avoided the rest on my TBR pile since.

Reactions: 2
I am on the audiobook of the very first of Jane Casey's Maeve Kerrigan books. Really enjoying it so far.

Before that I was on a huge John LeCarre binge. What a writer. RIP. Am so happy I have a signed copy of one of his later books

• Heart
I am on the audiobook of the very first of Jane Casey's Maeve Kerrigan books. Really enjoying it so far.

Before that I was on a huge John LeCarre binge. What a writer. RIP. Am so happy I have a signed copy of one of his later books
Ahhh you’re so lucky🥺😍 I read The night manager last year and LOVED IT. The tv series was so good either. Then i got The little drummer girl i think its high time i read it😻

Ahhh you’re so lucky🥺😍 I read The night manager last year and LOVED IT. The tv series was so good either. Then i got The little drummer girl i think its high time i read it😻
Am just after re-reading the night manager, what a fantastic book.

Omg, you are the lucky one as you have so many brilliant books ahead of you. The absolute pinnacles are the George Smiley books, the very best being "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and "Smiley's People"

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Which one was it? I read Blackout recently (Prime 1st Reads) and it was completely and utterly shyte so I've actively avoided the rest on my TBR pile since.
It's called what we forgot to bury.

I feel like I need to cull all of my first reads as they just bump up my TBR numbers. I can't see me ever reading them. Likewise some old 99p bargains.

I used to prefer the prime lending library where you could borrow any book from the prime library each month. They were mostly kindle unlimited titles but you could choose from thousands and as it was a loan until the next month I always used to read it in the month I borrowed it

Am just after re-reading the night manager, what a fantastic book.

Omg, you are the lucky one as you have so many brilliant books ahead of you. The absolute pinnacles are the George Smiley books, the very best being "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" and "Smiley's People"
Tinker tailor soldier spy😻 i have been wanting to read it so bad but i am so intimidated by it. I hope i can read them all❤

It's called what we forgot to bury.

I feel like I need to cull all of my first reads as they just bump up my TBR numbers. I can't see me ever reading them. Likewise some old 99p bargains.

I used to prefer the prime lending library where you could borrow any book from the prime library each month. They were mostly kindle unlimited titles but you could choose from thousands and as it was a loan until the next month I always used to read it in the month I borrowed it
Thankfully I don't have that one as my Woeful folder is really growing this year and I'm getting fed up of reading below average books.

Reactions: 4
I am reading Beneath A Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan. It is based on a true story, about a teenager called Pino Lella and the Second World War, it isn't a war book by any means. I am learning so much though and fact checking it on line. I had no idea there was a Catholic underground railroad for Jews through Italy.

Has anyone else read it?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.