Books #10 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what type of book is a comfort read for you? romance, family saga, historical etc. i’m sure we can try and think of some 💙
I'm happy with romance. My favourite books to give you an idea are me before you and Beartown.
But not even a re-read of either of those seems appealing 😢

Reactions: 1
I am in a chronic slump at the minute... I'm blaming covid 😓
Have tried and given up on 5 books over the past 2 days
Can anybody give me recommendations of something light, comforting and easy to read?
Keep me afloat by Jennifer Gold is such a good book!!! When i was in a slump last year it pulled me right out of it.

Also not a romance but dovetail by Karen McQuestion is another great book… very heartwarming

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I've just finished Can you See Her by S.E. Lynes and, despite being uncertain to begin with, it blew me away. First 5* in a while, it was so clever and the depth of writing was incredible.

Reactions: 6
I have just finished Song of Achilles.
I my gut has been pounded violently a dozen times.
I am a broken shell of the person I was before this book.
My life is ruined.
I need to take at least two days off work.
Where is the Song of Achilles support group please?
I need to go and stand by a window while it rains and stare into the distance for about an hour.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
My life is ruined.
I need to go and stand by a window while it rains and stare into the distance for about an hour.
i would love to join a song of achilles support group!!

i thought about that book for about a week after i finished it, read it again over lockdown and it was almost better the second time around 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I finished The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (the prequel to The Hunger Games) through the night last night when I couldn’t sleep. I absolutely loved it! It was so good to be back in Panem and see the history of the Hunger Games development.

I’ve started Final Girls Support Group this morning. I’m three chapters in and intrigued, enjoying It so far.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I finished The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (the prequel to The Hunger Games) through the night last night when I couldn’t sleep. I absolutely loved it! It was so good to be back in Panem and see the history of the Hunger Games development.

I’ve started Final Girls Support Group this morning. I’m three chapters in and intrigued, enjoying It so far.
I totally forgot that a prequel to The hunger games was coming i didnt even know it came out. I need to check it out😂 and thanks for the review i’m curious 😻

• Haha
I totally forgot that a prequel to The hunger games was coming i didnt even know it came out. I need to check it out😂 and thanks for the review i’m curious 😻
I bought it on preorder back in 2020 but only got round to reading it now. There’s a film coming out of it next year I think.

• Heart
My life is ruined.
Oh no, I was the same. Sending sympathy! I didn't feel like reading anything else for ages. It's probably the only book I enjoyed that put me in a book slump. 😂 Have you read Circe?

You, Me, Everything by Catherine Isaac is a book that is always at the top of my recommendation list. It will stay with me forever. A sort of second chance romance with a heartbreaking twist near the end. (You will need tissues!) ❤

• Heart
You, Me, Everything by Catherine Isaac is a book that is always at the top of my recommendation list. It will stay with me forever. A sort of second chance romance with a heartbreaking twist near the end. (You will need tissues!) ❤
Just ordered this as 99p on kindle ❤

• Heart
Oh no, I was the same. Sending sympathy! I didn't feel like reading anything else for ages. It's probably the only book I enjoyed that put me in a book slump. 😂 Have you read Circe?
No I haven't but I have heard fantastic things so it's going straight on my TBR. I need something fluffy and light-hearted now though because I've exhausted my emotion quota for the month at least.

"Go. He is waiting for you." 😭😭😭😭

Reading Still Life. Half way through and am enjoying very much
I loved Still Life.
I've recently read The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller and Oh William by Elizabeth Strout. Both were fab.
Currently reading The Impulse Purchase by Veronica Henry which is my book club's offering this month. Easy read and I like it.

Ooh thank you I’ve just ordered this! I loved the hunger games books

Started The Little Drummer Girl this morning not even 50 pages in but i can tell i missed john le carre’s language so much😍 i’ll watch the mini-series after finishing it.

• Heart
Started The Little Drummer Girl this morning not even 50 pages in but i can tell i missed john le carre’s language so much😍 i’ll watch the mini-series after finishing it.
miniseries also has the bonus addition of alexander skarsgard so 👌🏻😉

i’m reading the lincoln highway by amor towles - which i’m enjoying a lot so far. i’m not usually that into road trip novels but all the characters are very engaging and i love 50s americana stuff so would recommend if anyone else is also into that.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.