Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are in the process of doing this at the moment (stopping feeding to sleep and stopping cosleeping) and it’s just a case of gritting your teeth and doing it I think. The first night took 45 mins to get her to sleep, lots of patting and singing and tears (hers, not mine). But last night there were no tears and it only took 15ish mins. So we’re getting there 🙃
Glad to hear it’s working. Please give me all your tips🤣 what did you do to get them to sleep on their own? Thanks!

I'm ready to sell child no. 3, she screamed at me for two hours today (in frustration) because I wouldn't allow her to have a dummy or a snack (she had just eaten lunch) I think I zoned out in the end 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm ready to sell child no. 3, she screamed at me for two hours today (in frustration) because I wouldn't allow her to have a dummy or a snack (she had just eaten lunch) I think I zoned out in the end 😳
Is there a chance they could of still been hungry?

Some days my 2 boddlers cannot satisfy their appetite, other days its none existant. Same for grown ups I guess.

Reactions: 2
Hey you 👋
im doing great thanks. Just found this thread … and my people 😀
little pineapple is now 17 months! Can’t believe she was a bump when I was initially in the pregnancy group!

how is everyone?
Aaah, always happy to see you pop in from time to time ❤
Although I'm mainly lurking lately 😅
Aww, 17 months already! It goes so fast! Happy to hear you're doing well!

Kitten is almost 16 months and I don't know where time has gone.
Love my little bestest of friends 🥹❤ she's such a lovely, sweet little girl. Don't know how I got so lucky 🥹

• Heart
Is there a chance they could of still been hungry?

Some days my 2 boddlers cannot satisfy their appetite, other days its none existant. Same for grown ups I guess.
I offered her multiple options to eat other things, but she wanted something from the older ones snack cupboard and they weren't suitable for her. I also gave her water, cuddled her, checked her nappy, checked for a temperature, asked her if anywhere hurt, tried to play a game with her, put on her favourite TV show and offered a walk. Nothing placated her until daddy came home and she acted like butter wouldn't melt 🙈

• Heart
I offered her multiple options to eat other things, but she wanted something from the older ones snack cupboard and they weren't suitable for her. I also gave her water, cuddled her, checked her nappy, checked for a temperature, asked her if anywhere hurt, tried to play a game with her, put on her favourite TV show and offered a walk. Nothing placated her until daddy came home and she acted like butter wouldn't melt 🙈
Oh, daddy always wins for a couple of my kids in my house. Little shits

• Haha
My 18 month old has learnt how to get out of his cot! Please help! Like, what am I supposed to do?
It's on the lowest setting, so can't get it any lower. Do I just keep putting him back in? Or do I get a toddler bed now? 18 months seems a little young for a toddler bed but I don't want him to hurt himself. Any advice????

My 18 month old has learnt how to get out of his cot! Please help! Like, what am I supposed to do?
It's on the lowest setting, so can't get it any lower. Do I just keep putting him back in? Or do I get a toddler bed now? 18 months seems a little young for a toddler bed but I don't want him to hurt himself. Any advice????
My daughter went into a toddler bed at 12 months as she could climb out of a cot 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Wow
Baby proof the room, baby monitor and a bed x

• Heart
Lots of people don't even bother with a cot and just go straight to a bed. We normally move them around 2 years so it isn't far off.
And much safe if he's climbing out the cot!
We don't bother with a toddler bed. We go straight for a normal bed so we don't have to buy another later on 😂

• Heart
I’m still here I just haven’t been on any threads for a while thank you for thinking of me! Orange is in the tantrum phase and back in the no sleep club! Are you ok? Xx
Ohhhh I feel you with the tantrums. The back arching and throwing himself backwards is another level. 😑 Xx

• Heart
Could you try a floor bed? I’ve seen a few people do that? And boddler proof the room/stair gate at the door etc?

Could you try a floor bed? I’ve seen a few people do that? And boddler proof the room/stair gate at the door etc?
Yes after the advice on here I think that's what I'm going to do. Because now he knows how to do it, he keeps doing it! I'm worried he will hurt himself x

Not boddler related, just came here to say a fellow mum friend of mine with a noddles around the same age said this to me the other day - “ you’re looking a bit round, are you… pregnant?”

I responded really cool at the time and was like no, just have a baggy thick jumper on etc.. got in the car to go home and decided she was actually totally rude and insensitive (as I could be trying).

I think she can get in the bin now 🤷🏽‍♀️🥡🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Not boddler related, just came here to say a fellow mum friend of mine with a noddles around the same age said this to me the other day - “ you’re looking a bit round, are you… pregnant?”

I responded really cool at the time and was like no, just have a baggy thick jumper on etc.. got in the car to go home and decided she was actually totally rude and insensitive (as I could be trying).

Oh I hate this 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I like to think I’m fairly experienced in seeing a pregnant bump, however someone has to be about 34+ weeks before I’d mention a pregnancy before they bring it up. But also… what do they have to gain by asking if you’re pregnant? Nothing. But there’s a hell of a lot to lose if you ask someone and you’re wrong😬

Reactions: 6

I stick to the rule of, no matter how obviously pregnant you think they are, I don't say anything unless they do first.

I remember when I was about 16, getting my hair cut and my step mum, sitting watching, asked my hairdresser if she was pregnant 🤦🏻‍♀️
The poor woman has chrohn's anyway but man.
I thought she'd give me some dodgy hair cut in anger! Poor woman!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.