Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this isn’t really helpful today, but it honestly doesn’t last forever. In the past I have felt so trapped, tethered to the house and the baby, and just so down about it. So I 100% know how you feel. It’s exhausting and can take such a toll on your mental health. But it does get easier as the months go on (and then we won’t talk about having another one 🙈)
How is he once he’s down for the night? Could you do bedtime then slip out for an hours gym class once he is asleep? Or is he of the fussy evening variety?
Unfortunately he's still very unsettled of a night, I tend to get anywhere from 30 mins - 2 hours of him sleeping in his cot before he's up calling for me. And usually on the shorter end of that 🙃 but I'm counting it as a win tbh as until recently it was contact sleep or nothing, so at least 30 mins of being able to run round getting things sorted is still progress. It will come, but thanks for letting me moan x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It's very normal for them to start looking for something after a few minutes.
Attention span of a 2 year old is about 4 minutes.

I think the thing to remember too, as you say about the blocks being launched, they don't know how you're "supposed" to play with things.
They play with it however they feel.
I have a daughter similar age, she's 2 in April.
She does love playdough. And we have pompoms and rice she puts in and out of pots with scoops.

She has some dolls she plays with, plastic and wooden play food, cars, spinning toys that stick to things, she has quite a few little characters too that she recognises from TV.
Has a little toy trolley and dog stroller she loves too
Mini Waka is terrible for this. She’s much happier going through the cupboards collecting her favourite things or balancing on her potty
ice cubes, bowls and spoons is always a winner for us
She’s happier out tbf so I bring her to any free toddler groups and get her outdoors when we get cabin fever, even just letting her lead and see where she ends up (not literally) not sure how easy that is for you though

Reactions: 1
Hates his dad 7pm-5.30am, he properly pushes him away. Mr SI is so gutted about it. But then when he’s at work the boddler spends the day calling and looking for him, classic.
We have the same baby… Mine is EXACTLY like this down to the times you’ve said as well!! 🤣 I know when he’s ready for bed because it’s like a switch all of a sudden, he won’t let his dad hold him and wriggles and cries and reaches for me but he’s obsessed with him during the day! If his dad goes in to settle him in the night he starts really sobbing realising it’s not me so I end up having to go in anyway.

• Heart
Unfortunately he's still very unsettled of a night, I tend to get anywhere from 30 mins - 2 hours of him sleeping in his cot before he's up calling for me. And usually on the shorter end of that 🙃 but I'm counting it as a win tbh as until recently it was contact sleep or nothing, so at least 30 mins of being able to run round getting things sorted is still progress. It will come, but thanks for letting me moan x
Sending so much love your way, because it is hard. I am still up and down the stairs every evening and it is so draining xx
---
Sorry if this has been covered, but looking for ideas on games/toys for a 2yo, she has no interest in anything aimed at her age an I feel most is really too young for her, but at same time anything older is a bit too old, she has the mess free colouring in stuff but she doesn't seem to be quite at that stage yet for wanting to sit down an colour, everything still goes to her mouth so playdoh, an sand is a no (once she's out that stage then I'll try it) puzzles an books she doesn't seem to interested with or that magnetic drawing board, she has her dolls but again she will start to look for something else after a few mins, those Duplo blocks just get launched access the room as well, she would sit an watch TV or scroll on a phone all day if you let her but we want to really limit screen time

Is there anything out there that might appease her 😅
Hi there, I remember you chatting before about your niece, I think on the toddler thread?
Neither of my girls, nor my youngest son, have been much in to toys. They just didn’t really play with them at all, there were very few that held attention for any amount of time. I think toys for really little ones are the biggest swindle out there. My almost 2yo currently enjoys:
Cars and train tracks
Balls
Babies and a buggy
Play rice
A tea set and water to fill the cups
Water play with other items
His ride ons
Playing outside

Some of those things he won’t play with from one end of the week to the next, and then he plays for a short time, some he will play with for 10-15mins. He will play outside for hours.

IME they love tiny things they can move about, in to and out of jars and boxes, putting things carefully in place (he loves our marble solitaire). And anything from the kitchen

Reactions: 2
Hi there, I remember you chatting before about your niece, I think on the toddler thread?
Neither of my girls, nor my youngest son, have been much in to toys. They just didn’t really play with them at all, there were very few that held attention for any amount of time. I think toys for really little ones are the biggest swindle out there. My almost 2yo currently enjoys:
Cars and train tracks
Balls
Babies and a buggy
Play rice
A tea set and water to fill the cups
Water play with other items
His ride ons
Playing outside

Some of those things he won’t play with from one end of the week to the next, and then he plays for a short time, some he will play with for 10-15mins. He will play outside for hours.

IME they love tiny things they can move about, in to and out of jars and boxes, putting things carefully in place (he loves our marble solitaire). And anything from the kitchen
Thanks, I'll try some of these, my biggest problem really is room is limited, I don't mind buying a few things but I've no actual bedroom dedicated to her, so her stuff is with all mine, an yes that would of been me on there lol, am a newbie to having a kid around as she's my first niece 😅 so half the time I've no idea what am doing

• Heart
Thanks, I'll try some of these, my biggest problem really is room is limited, I don't mind buying a few things but I've no actual bedroom dedicated to her, so her stuff is with all mine, an yes that would of been me on there lol, am a newbie to having a kid around as she's my first niece 😅 so half the time I've no idea what am doing
Hey lovely, do you have a toy library nearby? We do where I live and I used it when my girl was very small. It’s great for swapping toys regularly and then you also don’t really need to worry about storage. It can be useful if you want variety but don’t have the space for heaps of toys 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hey lovely, do you have a toy library nearby? We do where I live and I used it when my girl was very small. It’s great for swapping toys regularly and then you also don’t really need to worry about storage. It can be useful if you want variety but don’t have the space for heaps of toys 😀
Oh that's really cool, I've never heard of it but I'll look it up, not sure if we will or not as our town isn't the best area an it probably wouldn't be used in that way here, but I do love that idea 😊

• Heart
Hey, how are you doing? ❤

• Heart
How do I stop a boddler co-sleeping? She’s always been on and off with her cot, she’ll go through phases where she’ll sleep well in it, then hates it etc but she’s been in our bed for about 4 months now, and for various reasons it would be great if she’d go in her own bed but she HATES it. I’ve turned it into a normal bed, so I can feed to sleep as usual and roll away (which is what I do in our bed with no issues) but she knows it’s her bed and she just cries. Any tips welcome!
Also, is there anyway I can gently encourage #2 to learn to fall asleep on his/her own whilst still breastfeeding. She’s always fallen asleep on the boob so it’s a complete habit for her, which is fine, but if I could get the next one slightly able to fall asleep with even shhhing or patting that would be great!

• Heart
so half the time I've no idea what am doing
trust me, this is every single one of us ❤ you’re showing up for her, and putting so much thought and considered effort in, she is one lucky little girl.
---
How do I stop a boddler co-sleeping? She’s always been on and off with her cot, she’ll go through phases where she’ll sleep well in it, then hates it etc but she’s been in our bed for about 4 months now, and for various reasons it would be great if she’d go in her own bed but she HATES it. I’ve turned it into a normal bed, so I can feed to sleep as usual and roll away (which is what I do in our bed with no issues) but she knows it’s her bed and she just cries. Any tips welcome!
Also, is there anyway I can gently encourage #2 to learn to fall asleep on his/her own whilst still breastfeeding. She’s always fallen asleep on the boob so it’s a complete habit for her, which is fine, but if I could get the next one slightly able to fall asleep with even shhhing or patting that would be great!
What about dad putting her to bed instead? I have always stopped cosleeping around 34weeks pregnant and the toddler transitions to dad putting them to bed and doing night times. It means that it is well sorted before baby comes, as it can be a tricky transition. But it’s the only way I’ve found to stop cosleeping…but they just cosleep with him instead 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Wait have I missed a whole chapter cos I've been away for so long and you're having another? Congrats if so!

• Heart
trust me, this is every single one of us ❤ you’re showing up for her, and putting so much thought and considered effort in, she is one lucky little girl.
---

What about dad putting her to bed instead? I have always stopped cosleeping around 34weeks pregnant and the toddler transitions to dad putting them to bed and doing night times. It means that it is well sorted before baby comes, as it can be a tricky transition. But it’s the only way I’ve found to stop cosleeping…but they just cosleep with him instead 🙈
Haha he can put her to bed in our bed fine, she’s growing out of feeding to sleep all the time and so can fall asleep with bedtime boob if needs must, but he can’t put her down in her own bed. She just hates it. Tempted to get a double bed so one of us can lay with her, or a more comfy mattress. It’s just being in her own bed she hates even if one of us is with her 🤷🏼‍♀️ haha I’m giving myself 7 months, surely it’s doable in that time frame 🤣
---
Wait have I missed a whole chapter cos I've been away for so long and you're having another? Congrats if so!
Haha, i think I put it in the new baby group the other day, it’s very early days! Thank you!!

• Heart
Haha he can put her to bed in our bed fine, she’s growing out of feeding to sleep all the time and so can fall asleep with bedtime boob if needs must, but he can’t put her down in her own bed. She just hates it. Tempted to get a double bed so one of us can lay with her, or a more comfy mattress. It’s just being in her own bed she hates even if one of us is with her 🤷🏼‍♀️ haha I’m giving myself 7 months, surely it’s doable in that time frame 🤣
---

Haha, i think I put it in the new baby group the other day, it’s very early days! Thank you!!
Oh yes, ours have all graduated to double beds as it’s just easier and more comfy for us!

I think they should update the definition of boy mum to ‘go to 8 different shops to buy something when there is 10 different variations of patterns and styles in the girls section’🥊

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We are in the process of doing this at the moment (stopping feeding to sleep and stopping cosleeping) and it’s just a case of gritting your teeth and doing it I think. The first night took 45 mins to get her to sleep, lots of patting and singing and tears (hers, not mine). But last night there were no tears and it only took 15ish mins. So we’re getting there 🙃

We are in the process of doing this at the moment (stopping feeding to sleep and stopping cosleeping) and it’s just a case of gritting your teeth and doing it I think. The first night took 45 mins to get her to sleep, lots of patting and singing and tears (hers, not mine). But last night there were no tears and it only took 15ish mins. So we’re getting there 🙃
I feared this might be the case but it’s so hard 😭😭 trying to wean her and the sleep issues are putting me off breastfeeding again for this long!

I don’t know how young a boddler can be but I’m promoting myself from the new baby thread as she’s 16 weeks old this week.

HIYA 👋🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.