Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never heard such nonsense in my life. Who walks around doing hyena impressions? Honestly you lot I don’t know where you get these ideas about me 😇

Ohh phewwww so glad it’s not just me! Everyone I speak to seams to have totally weened off now and I’m like ermmm ohhh
---

So one day do they just suddenly understand? I spend the entire bath time saying ‘sit down in the bath please’ immediately stands up again ‘sit down in the bath please darling’

At what point is ‘sit the duck down or your getting out’ acceptable
Another terrible mother here 🤚🏻 I’m tired so if coming in the bed doesn’t settle her (which is her fav) then we give her milk (her second fav) because life if short, shut up and have the milk 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I like this thread ❤
Also, hi! Long time no see! All is pretty well here. Kitten had chickenpox, but fortunately didn't have too many issues, got through it like a champ.
Hope you're all well!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Boddler has discovered he can scream. A delightful scream, with a big smile on his face, but not sure the people in the restaurant appreciated a screaming 14 month old. We had people lined up to take him home with them until he opened his mouth 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If night milk at 15 months makes you a bad mum, sign me up to the club!

We finally got Boddler SI taking a bottle again after months of refusal. He won’t have any defrosted breast milk at all, and was hit and miss with fresh. But the Alpro toddler oat milk he goes nuts for!! And when we’ve tried soya. And when we tried a pre-sale sample of powdered toddler blend pea milk. So there’s just something wrong with *my* milk, gonna try not to be offended 😭
Problem is, he’ll now sink a bottle at night and then even if he’s full and hasn’t finished it, still then asks for boob. Boobs all night. Boobs in the morning. Then pesters for a bottle of milk too.
He does still have a day feed now and then if we’re at home. Probably because the opportunity is there and if we’re staying in it’s possibly cos he’s a bit ill. But this week he’s asked out of the house for the first time in ages, and when we’ve been out doing interesting stuff too.
I know I’ll be a bit sad when our feeding chapter closes, especially with how long and hard it was to get started. But I thought the transition off/to less frequently would be much further down the road than it is. I still genuinely don’t feel able to leave him at night, even just for the evening I mean, if I know he’s had plenty to drink and try to leave my husband to settle him, he’ll just howl himself unwell shouting mummmmy.
I don’t know how to get past it. My group of mum pals all have younger babies and are on about having a mum night out soon and I feel stupid saying I can’t go, a couple of them are breastfeeding and can manage it.
I would just like to be able to enjoy leaving the house by myself in an evening before we hopefully go down the route of baby 2 too. Before pregnancy fatigue has me in bed early and before I’m doing newborn life again, I just want to do things like go to Zumba, or go to mooch in Boots or pop to see a pal. At the min I feel chained to the house from 6.30pm 😩

Anyway moan, hi.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
If night milk at 15 months makes you a bad mum, sign me up to the club!

We finally got Boddler SI taking a bottle again after months of refusal. He won’t have any defrosted breast milk at all, and was hit and miss with fresh. But the Alpro toddler oat milk he goes nuts for!! And when we’ve tried soya. And when we tried a pre-sale sample of powdered toddler blend pea milk. So there’s just something wrong with *my* milk, gonna try not to be offended 😭
Problem is, he’ll now sink a bottle at night and then even if he’s full and hasn’t finished it, still then asks for boob. Boobs all night. Boobs in the morning. Then pesters for a bottle of milk too.
He does still have a day feed now and then if we’re at home. Probably because the opportunity is there and if we’re staying in it’s possibly cos he’s a bit ill. But this week he’s asked out of the house for the first time in ages, and when we’ve been out doing interesting stuff too.
I know I’ll be a bit sad when our feeding chapter closes, especially with how long and hard it was to get started. But I thought the transition off/to less frequently would be much further down the road than it is. I still genuinely don’t feel able to leave him at night, even just for the evening I mean, if I know he’s had plenty to drink and try to leave my husband to settle him, he’ll just howl himself unwell shouting mummmmy.
I don’t know how to get past it. My group of mum pals all have younger babies and are on about having a mum night out soon and I feel stupid saying I can’t go, a couple of them are breastfeeding and can manage it.
I would just like to be able to enjoy leaving the house by myself in an evening before we hopefully go down the route of baby 2 too. Before pregnancy fatigue has me in bed early and before I’m doing newborn life again, I just want to do things like go to Zumba, or go to mooch in Boots or pop to see a pal. At the min I feel chained to the house from 6.30pm 😩

Anyway moan, hi.
Have you tried nipping out in the evening to see what he is like? I have felt the same with all mine, and if I ever have had to go out for something they have always been absolutely fine with my husband while I’m out. If I was in the house and tried to leave them with him it would be screaming and crying for me, but when I’m not they have always just accepted that he is doing it that night and it’s never been as awful as I’ve feared.
Your boobs all night boobs in the morning bit made me smile because that is definitely life here too. I always say he needs his “go to sleep” boobies, his “stay asleep” boobies and his “wake up” boobies. 🙄

Have you tried nipping out in the evening to see what he is like? I have felt the same with all mine, and if I ever have had to go out for something they have always been absolutely fine with my husband while I’m out. If I was in the house and tried to leave them with him it would be screaming and crying for me, but when I’m not they have always just accepted that he is doing it that night and it’s never been as awful as I’ve feared.
Your boobs all night boobs in the morning bit made me smile because that is definitely life here too. I always say he needs his “go to sleep” boobies, his “stay asleep” boobies and his “wake up” boobies. 🙄
We do try most weeks with me staying downstairs and trying to completely stay out of it, but eventually Mr SI always tags me in as he just gets hysterical. I last tried going out just to run an errand a couple of weeks ago, was only out about 40 mins and he was in a right state when I got in. Racking sobs, wet tears, full of snot 😢
Hates his dad 7pm-5.30am, he properly pushes him away. Mr SI is so gutted about it. But then when he’s at work the boddler spends the day calling and looking for him, classic.

One day something unmissable’s going to come up and we’ll have to just get on with it I guess. I’m lucky that I wfh at least once a week so try to squeeze in stuff like the supermarket on my lunch that day, it’s just the gym classes that I can’t really fit anywhere else as I’m at the mercy of when the stuff I like is on, and it always clashes with bedtime at the mo.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We do try most weeks with me staying downstairs and trying to completely stay out of it, but eventually Mr SI always tags me in as he just gets hysterical. I last tried going out just to run an errand a couple of weeks ago, was only out about 40 mins and he was in a right state when I got in. Racking sobs, wet tears, full of snot 😢
Hates his dad 7pm-5.30am, he properly pushes him away. Mr SI is so gutted about it. But then when he’s at work the boddler spends the day calling and looking for him, classic.

One day something unmissable’s going to come up and we’ll have to just get on with it I guess. I’m lucky that I wfh at least once a week so try to squeeze in stuff like the supermarket on my lunch that day, it’s just the gym classes that I can’t really fit anywhere else as I’m at the mercy of when the stuff I like is on, and it always clashes with bedtime at the mo.
I know this isn’t really helpful today, but it honestly doesn’t last forever. In the past I have felt so trapped, tethered to the house and the baby, and just so down about it. So I 100% know how you feel. It’s exhausting and can take such a toll on your mental health. But it does get easier as the months go on (and then we won’t talk about having another one 🙈)
How is he once he’s down for the night? Could you do bedtime then slip out for an hours gym class once he is asleep? Or is he of the fussy evening variety?

Very genuinely don’t know how any generation of parent prior to us survived without dancing fruit, jumperoos and melty sticks

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Do you think you can get your hands on these drugs for the plane and entire holiday? Asking for a friend xo
There is perhaps an online chemist that does still stock said drugs our parents used in the 90s.
Not that I've ever googled it for the twins*....
Research purposes

* Snoop I've never drugged my kids. Aside from the drugs the neonatologist prescribed

There is perhaps an online chemist that does still stock said drugs our parents used in the 90s.
Not that I've ever googled it for the twins*....
Research purposes

* Snoop I've never drugged my kids. Aside from the drugs the neonatologist prescribed
Interesting… I shall tell said friend…

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.