Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mum denies giving me and my sisters anything (the 80s) but yet claims all 4 of us slept through the night from very early on. I call bullshit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My mum denies giving me and my sisters anything (the 80s) but yet claims all 4 of us slept through the night from very early on. I call bullshit 😂
Maybe we were just bored shitless without screens, so we slept instead 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sorry if this has been covered, but looking for ideas on games/toys for a 2yo, she has no interest in anything aimed at her age an I feel most is really too young for her, but at same time anything older is a bit too old, she has the mess free colouring in stuff but she doesn't seem to be quite at that stage yet for wanting to sit down an colour, everything still goes to her mouth so playdoh, an sand is a no (once she's out that stage then I'll try it) puzzles an books she doesn't seem to interested with or that magnetic drawing board, she has her dolls but again she will start to look for something else after a few mins, those Duplo blocks just get launched access the room as well, she would sit an watch TV or scroll on a phone all day if you let her but we want to really limit screen time

Is there anything out there that might appease her 😅

Reactions: 1
Sorry if this has been covered, but looking for ideas on games/toys for a 2yo, she has no interest in anything aimed at her age an I feel most is really too young for her, but at same time anything older is a bit too old, she has the mess free colouring in stuff but she doesn't seem to be quite at that stage yet for wanting to sit down an colour, everything still goes to her mouth so playdoh, an sand is a no (once she's out that stage then I'll try it) puzzles an books she doesn't seem to interested with or that magnetic drawing board, she has her dolls but again she will start to look for something else after a few mins, those Duplo blocks just get launched access the room as well, she would sit an watch TV or scroll on a phone all day if you let her but we want to really limit screen time

It's very normal for them to start looking for something after a few minutes.
Attention span of a 2 year old is about 4 minutes.

I think the thing to remember too, as you say about the blocks being launched, they don't know how you're "supposed" to play with things.
They play with it however they feel.
I have a daughter similar age, she's 2 in April.
She does love playdough. And we have pompoms and rice she puts in and out of pots with scoops.

She has some dolls she plays with, plastic and wooden play food, cars, spinning toys that stick to things, she has quite a few little characters too that she recognises from TV.
Has a little toy trolley and dog stroller she loves too

Is this for a gift? What’s your budget?

It's very normal for them to start looking for something after a few minutes.
Attention span of a 2 year old is about 4 minutes.

I think the thing to remember too, as you say about the blocks being launched, they don't know how you're "supposed" to play with things.
They play with it however they feel.
I have a daughter similar age, she's 2 in April.
She does love playdough. And we have pompoms and rice she puts in and out of pots with scoops.

She has some dolls she plays with, plastic and wooden play food, cars, spinning toys that stick to things, she has quite a few little characters too that she recognises from TV.
Has a little toy trolley and dog stroller she loves too
Thanks I'll probably look at some spinning things, we are trying to teach her not to throw things but obviously it will take time an I don't get angry about it, I guess am more paranoid over the sand an playdoh incase am not quick enough an she eats it so I might try the rice instead, although I have her a lot she's only my neice so am a bit more worried about trying older toys with her, I might see if she likes a dog stroller as well

It just feels like toys go from way to young to way to old, like theres no in-between lol

Is this for a gift? What’s your budget?
No gift an no budget, she's my neice who I get a lot an am more looking for things I can keep at my place for her so she has a few things to keep her amused if we can't get to the park or out a walk etc

Thanks I'll probably look at some spinning things, we are trying to teach her not to throw things but obviously it will take time an I don't get angry about it, I guess am more paranoid over the sand an playdoh incase am not quick enough an she eats it so I might try the rice instead, although I have her a lot she's only my neice so am a bit more worried about trying older toys with her, I might see if she likes a dog stroller as well

It just feels like toys go from way to young to way to old, like theres no in-between lol

No gift an no budget, she's my neice who I get a lot an am more looking for things I can keep at my place for her so she has a few things to keep her amused if we can't get to the park or out a walk etc
Play doh is actually safe to eat, but it tastes disgusting so they don’t tend to do it repeatedly. It also doesn’t really do them any harm to eat sand either.
I’m a big fan of sensory play, I’ve just ordered my girls a flisat table for that purpose.

My 14 month old and my 3yo love these. They can play for hours with them. I have boys, and they are into trains and cars, and can play for ages with them

11ED0BF6-137C-4398-A8B9-0B23F983A1BC.jpeg

Play doh is actually safe to eat, but it tastes disgusting so they don’t tend to do it repeatedly. It also doesn’t really do them any harm to eat sand either.
I’m a big fan of sensory play, I’ve just ordered my girls a flisat table for that purpose.
Thanks, never knew that, when I was a kid I don't think it was safe an it was probably the last time I was ever around the stuff 😅

Am like ones of these paranoid wanting to wrap them in bubble wrap types 😅 I honestly still freak out when she cries

You can make playdoh yourself. It's just salt, flour, water and food colouring.

The thing with toys for older kids too is its more based on the parts for them. Some have bits that can come off easier that could be a choking hazard.

It is very normal for them to just play for a minute or 2 and move on to something else though especially at this age.
We just end up with toys everywhere 😊

Thanks, never knew that, when I was a kid I don't think it was safe an it was probably the last time I was ever around the stuff 😅

Am like ones of these paranoid wanting to wrap them in bubble wrap types 😅 I honestly still freak out when she cries
I’m the same with my niece and nephew but with my kids, well, it’s completely different. I wouldn’t let my N&N eat playdoh but mine can crack on 😂

My 14 month old and my 3yo love these. They can play for hours with them. I have boys, and they are into trains and cars, and can play for ages with them

View attachment 1989811
Thanks I'll check these out, never knew things like this existed

You can make playdoh yourself. It's just salt, flour, water and food colouring.

The thing with toys for older kids too is its more based on the parts for them. Some have bits that can come off easier that could be a choking hazard.

It is very normal for them to just play for a minute or 2 and move on to. Something else though especially at this age.
We just end up with toys everywhere 😊
Good to know, maybe I can make the playdoh, will ease me a bit if she does eat it, yeah am starting to get to that stage with random toys everywhere 😅
---
I’m the same with my niece and nephew but with my kids, well, it’s completely different. I wouldn’t let my N&N eat playdoh but mine can crack on 😂
This is me, if she was mine I'd probably be more relaxed but cause she isn't she has me on edge with what to give her 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.