Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They have responded to my email apparently aimed at 0-5🤷🏼‍♀️He is a massive fan of squashing babies so I’d like to avoid any🤣🤣🤣. I posted before about how I HATE groups but I am going to stay positive and make an effort to include my self tomorrow and if I still hate it I won’t care cause I tried🤣
I hate groups too, you're not alone there. We go to a music group which I don't mind because it has a set routine and I don't need to engage with anyone. Anyway, she offers catch up classes if you miss yours. Well I had to go to one and it was so weird because even tho it was the exact same class just on a different day, the vibe was so different and I HATED it. So sometimes I don't even think it's the group or anything 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ it's weird 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I hate groups too, you're not alone there. We go to a music group which I don't mind because it has a set routine and I don't need to engage with anyone. Anyway, she offers catch up classes if you miss yours. Well I had to go to one and it was so weird because even tho it was the exact same class just on a different day, the vibe was so different and I HATED it. So sometimes I don't even think it's the group or anything 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ it's weird 😂
I looked at a music one but my health visitor said i’d hate it apparently the woman is crazy and makes you sing and dance loudly in front of people 🤣🤣she said she hears the woman making cat noises and stuff next door🤣🤣🤣🤣I feel guilty not taking him anywhere but some of them are so cliquey

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m pondering baby #2 despite being convinced we’d stop at 1, but the thought terrifies me. How much harder is 2 than 1? 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m pondering baby #2 despite being convinced we’d stop at 1, but the thought terrifies me. How much harder is 2 than 1? 😂
Not harder at all IMO. No2 here was a very, very high needs baby. He cried constantly, and I couldn’t set him down until he was 2. And still it wasn’t harder work than the transition to 1. 0-1 is the hardest, everything after that for me hasn’t felt like harder work or much change at all. You’re already in the zone, in the mindset, doing all the things, and getting no sleep!
I do think the thought of 1-2 is the most worried I’ve been though. How I’ll cope, how can I love another child, will the first child feel pushed out. All of it was totally unfounded x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think a lot depends on the age gap and what the children are like 😊
We’d look at a 2.5-3 year age gap x
---
Not harder at all IMO. No2 here was a very, very high needs baby. He cried constantly, and I couldn’t set him down until he was 2. And still it wasn’t harder work than the transition to 1. 0-1 is the hardest, everything after that for me hasn’t felt like harder work or much change at all. You’re already in the zone, in the mindset, doing all the things, and getting no sleep!
I do think the thought of 1-2 is the most worried I’ve been though. How I’ll cope, how can I love another child, will the first child feel pushed out. All of it was totally unfounded x
Thank you, for some reason that thought of 1 didn’t phase me, but the thought of 2 😱

• Heart
I found 0-1 the hardest, 1-2 felt ok because we were already doing everything for no 1 so no 2 just slotted in. There is 18 months between them. (3-4 is currently a different kettle of fish completely 🫣)

• Heart
---

Thank you, for some reason that thought of 1 didn’t phase me, but the thought of 2 😱
That age gap for us, in my opinion has been pretty much perfect.

We have 5 years between first and second and found it harder because their needs and interests were so different

---

We obviously have a larger age gap. But I didn't find the transition from 1 to 2 (or 1 to 3) in our case particularly hard. I was well aware of what could be to come, sleepless nights, teething, screaming etc.
I found no kids to one probably the hardest.

I'd say now that they're off boddler age and can be distracted easily it's not so bad, plus when they all play together, and you can hear the eldest making the youngest belly laugh that much they're crying, those hard days seem to be a distant memory 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@LilyRose1234 we have a 2.5yr gap, an almost 3yr gap and then a 2.5yr gap again. I think it’s a really great age gap, it always worked really well for us.
I definitely do think the thought of 2 is quite overwhelming. You feel like you’re just doing an ok job with one, some days are hard, how can you possibly do it with 2? But honestly, reality is that (even with a nightmare baby!) you for them in to your life with your eldest and it all Works out

• Heart
I think it’s fine. A lot of the things I found hard about number 1 were still ongoing / things I’d got used to, so a second didn’t make a difference 😂 eg the feeling of being ‘touched out’ is sort of now my daily norm

With pretty much anyone, the first baby is a complete ‘what the duck have I done, I don’t know what I’m doing’ but by the time you have the second, you know, roughly what to do. It was always easier for me the more children I’ve had, even though my house is crazy and I’m being driven slightly insane

• Heart
@Nursty playgroup.. it was a sign that I should sack it off. I went all the way there just for a man to tell me really rudely it wasn’t on due to half term. He looked at me like I was a complete maniac. That would have been fine but I actually called to check it was on, they put on facebook it was on and their massive electronic board said it was on🤣when I asked why they did that he said ‘not my job love’ wanker 🙃

• Sad
my little girl is nearly 17 months old and can only say mama dada and nana along with lots of mumbling, I'm getting a little worried as i thought she would be saying more words by now. any one else kids a late starter when it came to talking?

my little girl is nearly 17 months old and can only say mama dada and nana along with lots of mumbling, I'm getting a little worried as i thought she would be saying more words by now. any one else kids a late starter when it came to talking?
No need to be worried. They all start at different times.
At 18 months, my youngest wasn't even saying mama. Only Dada, hi and bye.
She's now 22 months and says loads of words! Or at least tries 😂

16 months old and only really says mama, otherwise just babbles still. Very expressively mind you.

A bit worried as he also doesn’t wave or clap but all other milestones ok and has just started walking.

Not sure when I would need to worry really?

16 months old and only really says mama, otherwise just babbles still. Very expressively mind you.

A bit worried as he also doesn’t wave or clap but all other milestones ok and has just started walking.

Not sure when I would need to worry really?
They don't really worry about speech until they get to about 2. And only really if they're not saying anything by then really.
So there's still plenty of time. They pick it up so quick

I'd say that sounds normal to me

Mr TY has Fridays off work.

Apparently, if I would like a lie in tomorrow (yknow since I'm the one who does all 3000 wake ups with the Kray Twins) hell charge me a tenner.

I mean he's probably joking, but I've just sent him a bank request for Childcare. £90 a day sunshine.

Any one free to help me bury a body?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Mr TY has Fridays off work.

Apparently, if I would like a lie in tomorrow (yknow since I'm the one who does all 3000 wake ups with the Kray Twins) hell charge me a tenner.

I mean he's probably joking, but I've just sent him a bank request for Childcare. £90 a day sunshine.

Any one free to help me bury a body?
I mean, in some places £90 would be for one, I think £150 would be more reasonable for two (with a small twin discount)!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.