Boddler advice just, don’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posted in the baby thread earlier think I’ve found where I’m supposed to be! Nearly 15 months!
Still wakes up at least twice a night we’re still giving formula at night because we’re both working and it’s the quickest thing to get her back to sleep (I am a terrible mother)

Refuses to be fed and is crap at using her fork and just stabs the plate to death 😂

Apparently she’s a dream at nursery though so that’s great 🙃

How is everyone else doing?
---
Also I’ve just booked us on forest school and neither of us even own wellies 👍🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know I’m non existent these day but I am really struggling to stop little crazy cat messing about with a mirror we have on the wall. It’s a long mirror and she keeps walking up to it and grabbing it. It’s not secure at the bottom (we’re going to get those sticky pads) but it doesn’t matter how I say no, distract, move her away, say it nicely, sternly, or ignore her she will not stop bloody playing with it. She laughs and literally runs up to it. it’s driving me mad! Mainly because I don’t want it falling on her but 2 - I don’t know how to discipline her.
She’s a sassy little bugger. She knows it’s naughty as she’s looking at us smiling.

• Heart
I know I’m non existent these day but I am really struggling to stop little crazy cat messing about with a mirror we have on the wall. It’s a long mirror and she keeps walking up to it and grabbing it. It’s not secure at the bottom (we’re going to get those sticky pads) but it doesn’t matter how I say no, distract, move her away, say it nicely, sternly, or ignore her she will not stop bloody playing with it. She laughs and literally runs up to it. it’s driving me mad! Mainly because I don’t want it falling on her but 2 - I don’t know how to discipline her.
She’s a sassy little bugger. She knows it’s naughty as she’s looking at us smiling.
Ours was like this with the drinks trolly liked to get a bottle and try and smash it through the glass bottom. She used to wait until I’d seen her go for it and look back and laugh before she did it so I must have made it into some kind of game.

Could also use some discipline advice because we just had to move it upstairs but now she’s the same with the big kitchen bin.

I’ve read so many contradictory things on discipline I was going to go with the flow and see what worked at the time but my niece is so feral I’m really worried that I need a proper strategy!

Anyone got remotely well behaved children who listen to them?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think all you can do really is keep saying no, maybe in different ways such as "We don't do that do we, it could hurt us" sometimes a firm no is needed though, especially when it's about to get dangerous.

They don't really understand action and consequence at this age so it is really tough and such a hard one to ride out.

All 3 of mine, however seem to have selective hearing so push me until I'm ready to explode 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 5
No

Not at this age. Baby ALWAYS makes a run for it if the front room door is open. He’s always trying to get his brothers toys. I feel like all I say is NO!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@Crazycatlady18 can you put something heavy in front of it until you get the bottom secured?

it’s the quickest thing to get her back to sleep (I am a terrible mother)
If feeding them back to sleep at this age makes you a bad mother, sorry, but I am getting a medal for being the absolute worst 🤣🙈 whatever works is my motto. She won’t be having a bottle in the night when she’s 40 so no worries.
Or if she is, at least she’ll be making it herself 🤣
---
Yes I had three! And thought I was a great parent.
Then no4 came along

• Haha
  • Heart
@Crazycatlady18 can you put something heavy in front of it until you get the bottom secured?

If feeding them back to sleep at this age makes you a bad mother, sorry, but I am getting a medal for being the absolute worst 🤣🙈 whatever works is my motto. She won’t be having a bottle in the night when she’s 40 so no worries.
---

Then no4 came along

It’s on the landing so not really😬 Hopefully Amazon send the sticky pads this weekend 🙈

Reactions: 2

---

Then no4 came along

Currently singing the Tazmania theme tune.

@jackolantern do join in

• Haha

---

Then no4 came along

Ohh phewwww so glad it’s not just me! Everyone I speak to seams to have totally weened off now and I’m like ermmm ohhh
---
No

Not at this age. Baby ALWAYS makes a run for it if the front room door is open. He’s always trying to get his brothers toys. I feel like all I say is NO!
So one day do they just suddenly understand? I spend the entire bath time saying ‘sit down in the bath please’ immediately stands up again ‘sit down in the bath please darling’

At what point is ‘sit the duck down or your getting out’ acceptable

• Haha
Ohh phewwww so glad it’s not just me! Everyone I speak to seams to have totally weened off now and I’m like ermmm ohhh
TMe will be 2 in April and is still fed back to sleep. Does the job, everyone wins in my book! I did The same with all mine and my older kids are all more or less normal, so do not worry!

• Heart
---

So one day do they just suddenly understand? I spend the entire bath time saying ‘sit down in the bath please’ immediately stands up again ‘sit down in the bath please darling’

They understand at some point.. Yes... But whether they listen or not is another story 😂

The sit the duck down is an every bath occurance tbh 😂 I do follow through with the getting out though 😂 because I'm stubborn

• Haha
Mr TY has Fridays off work.

Apparently, if I would like a lie in tomorrow (yknow since I'm the one who does all 3000 wake ups with the Kray Twins) hell charge me a tenner.

I mean he's probably joking, but I've just sent him a bank request for Childcare. £90 a day sunshine.

Any one free to help me bury a body?
I regularly charge my husband for childcare🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Oh. Is it not acceptable? 😂

Also, it really does happen. Definitely when they a bit older. My 3 yo understands, but he’s going through this wonderful phase of doing this really horrible cry when he’s told no 🫠

Mr TY has Fridays off work.

Apparently, if I would like a lie in tomorrow (yknow since I'm the one who does all 3000 wake ups with the Kray Twins) hell charge me a tenner.

I mean he's probably joking, but I've just sent him a bank request for Childcare. £90 a day sunshine.

Any one free to help me bury a body?
I’ll do you a KW swap

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.