Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We'll probably be brought on her prepaid ivf journey then
Wasn't she saying recently she had a bleed but wasn't sure if it was a menstrual cycle or menopause . She said she would update her followers in a months time cause if she bled again she was ovulating. She never once updated followers because she said loads were messaging asking her if she is fertile again. I just thought it was weird to go splashing that over insta , giving yourself hope when you don't know if its a false alarm or not . A very private thing .

Reactions: 10
A young woman fighting for her life, losing her identity, worrying about her daughter and future, lost fertility & probably forced into early menopause amongst countless other issues as well as probably not having a great prognosis....
Give her a break ffs! 😐

Reactions: 39
Understandable, however she’s flouting the rules, going shopping for tiles, parties in pubs no mask on and not being cautious. Then preaching to everyone to stay home, it’s extremely contradictory. She’s currently in remission for the third time. Nobody would say a word if she practices what she preaches 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Sorry now but there's people out there with terminal cancer with not a penny to their name . This girl went and got a massive go fund me when it wasn't really needed for her. She made her situation sound like she was on the bread line and she is far from that ! There's people having to take public transport for treatment. I know a few who donated that said she made it seem like it was terminal until they found out the type of cancer she had was not going to kill her . She f**ked off the SAME weekend as the go fund me and flogged it on Jeeps , breaks away multiple times etc etc when she SWORE it was to be put by for future treatment if she ever got cancer back again , like treatment in America type treatment. I wouldnt doubt what she is going through is hard but she needs to have have some cop on aswell . Telling us to follow the rules . The girl has dined out and seen more family than I have in months , she can't be coming on preaching when she can't even do it herself . You know I have to have IVF in the future . It pisses people off they paid for her luxuries not for her treatment like she SWORE it was for . " give her a break " when she acts like a responsible adult . So many people have family with cancer and dont have the money she raised to flog and bullshit . It makes me so mad we are just suppose to bend down and bow because people don't like hearing the truth . Well there it is , people feel SCAMMED. That is my opinion and as your entitled to yours in entitled to mine .

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Tragic circumstances don’t give you a free pass from being called out on dodgy behaviour I’m afraid.
When I was having cancer treatment I wasn’t on social media at all for days or weeks at a time, never mind on flogging sweets and doing swipe ups every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Understandable, however she’s flouting the rules, going shopping for tiles, parties in pubs no mask on and not being cautious. Then preaching to everyone to stay home, it’s extremely contradictory. She’s currently in remission for the third time. Nobody would say a word if she practices what she preaches 🤷🏻‍♀️
I get what you’re saying.
Tbh, being a young woman too and having all that thrown at me and my fertility gone, hair gone etc /future uncertain or wiped out, I would be flouting about too with my middle finger to the world living my life.
Just because she’s saying one thing on the gram doesn’t mean it’s the whole truth and all sunshine/lollipops. We don’t really know what is being said in the doctors office so I’d be overlooking it and empathising. God only knows what is going through her mind...
As for the go fund me, well, it’s not compulsory lads. No one is making anyone give anything. Go fund me - are they even regulated? Probably not.

And to the person who wrote “oh without the cancer story etc she’d be pretty dull”
What a nasty, evil thing to say.
I’m sure if the girl or whoever else with cancer had choice between fighting a ravaging merciless disease versus being ordinary and dull, I’m sure the would jump at the latter.
Shame on you. I’ve seen some stupid tit posted up on this website but that calls for a serious review.

Tragic circumstances don’t give you a free pass from being called out on dodgy behaviour I’m afraid.
When I was having cancer treatment I wasn’t on social media at all for days or weeks at a time, never mind on flogging sweets and doing swipe ups every day.
I understand but I’m sure you are also fully aware of the psychological effects cancer has on a person and as you are aware, everybody is different.
Of course I’m sure there are certain things she has done which are wrong etc I’m not a silly person. I know that and get why people are snapping.
But looking at the bigger picture here, empathy can go a long way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Sorry now but there's people out there with terminal cancer with not a penny to their name . This girl went and got a massive go fund me when it wasn't really needed for her. She made her situation sound like she was on the bread line and she is far from that ! There's people having to take public transport for treatment. I know a few who donated that said she made it seem like it was terminal until they found out the type of cancer she had was not going to kill her . She f**ked off the SAME weekend as the go fund me and flogged it on Jeeps , breaks away multiple times etc etc when she SWORE it was to be put by for future treatment if she ever got cancer back again , like treatment in America type treatment. I wouldnt doubt what she is going through is hard but she needs to have have some cop on aswell . Telling us to follow the rules . The girl has dined out and seen more family than I have in months , she can't be coming on preaching when she can't even do it herself . You know I have to have IVF in the future . It pisses people off they paid for her luxuries not for her treatment like she SWORE it was for . " give her a break " when she acts like a responsible adult . So many people have family with cancer and dont have the money she raised to flog and bullshit . It makes me so mad we are just suppose to bend down and bow because people don't like hearing the truth . Well there it is , people feel SCAMMED. That is my opinion and as your entitled to yours in entitled to mine .
Should put down her phone and have respect For the hospital and staff. Their every move and treatment doesn’t need to be Documented and broadcast. Great she obviously not that sick and so well able to do all this when I’m sure there are patients seriously ill trying to rest and concentrate on getting better and back to their families and not pity parties to gain financial rewards🤬🤬

Reactions: 12
Is it just me or is it people think ah leave the girl alone she’s had cancer if anyone says anything bad about her account. There’s 2 accounts I follow hers and another person and I find that if they get hate it’s oh xyz had cancer leave them alone.
I’m sick of people using cancer as an excuse, my friends in remission and she certainly didn’t use cancer as an excuse just sickens me 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I get what you’re saying.
Tbh, being a young woman too and having all that thrown at me and my fertility gone, hair gone etc /future uncertain or wiped out, I would be flouting about too with my middle finger to the world living my life.
Just because she’s saying one thing on the gram doesn’t mean it’s the whole truth and all sunshine/lollipops. We don’t really know what is being said in the doctors office so I’d be overlooking it and empathising. God only knows what is going through her mind...
As for the go fund me, well, it’s not compulsory lads. No one is making anyone give anything. Go fund me - are they even regulated? Probably not.

And to the person who wrote “oh without the cancer story etc she’d be pretty dull”
What a nasty, evil thing to say.
I’m sure if the girl or whoever else with cancer had choice between fighting a ravaging merciless disease versus being ordinary and dull, I’m sure the would jump at the latter.
Shame on you. I’ve seen some stupid tit posted up on this website but that calls for a serious review.

I understand but I’m sure you are also fully aware of the psychological effects cancer has on a person and as you are aware, everybody is different.
Of course I’m sure there are certain things she has done which are wrong etc I’m not a silly person. I know that and get why people are snapping.
But looking at the bigger picture here, empathy can go a long way.
No moderating. If there's a post you don't like either keep scrolling, add the user to your ignore list or report.

Reactions: 8
So far we’ve established that she is not fighting for her life. We all worry about our children and their futures. Cry me a f**king river but do I need to continue?

I’m joining in on this thread after what has been my hardest shift yet in psychiatry
Gonna leave it there for now folks

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Going through treatment I have all the worries Shannen currently has. She is very lucky she has her daughter, I have had that chance taken away from me for life. That would make me even more determined to follow the rules right now as I wouldn’t want to take any chances for Roisin, nevermind myself.
It annoyed me when she put up about the possibility of her being fertile again. I can say with 99.9% certainly that that is not possible. It wouldn’t be possible after her first round of treatment, and definitely not now she’s in her third round. I don’t say that with malice. I say that as it upsets me being in that situation myself and the fact that she may give false hope to other cancer patients.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Going through treatment I have all the worries Shannen currently has. She is very lucky she has her daughter, I have had that chance taken away from me for life. That would make me even more determined to follow the rules right now as I wouldn’t want to take any chances for Roisin, nevermind myself.
It annoyed me when she put up about the possibility of her being fertile again. I can say with 99.9% certainly that that is not possible. It wouldn’t be possible after her first round of treatment, and definitely not now she’s in her third round. I don’t say that with malice. I say that as it upsets me being in that situation myself and the fact that she may give false hope to other cancer patients.
Sending you love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sending you every best wish and love in the world ❤ Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Something I dont like about these bloggers talking about their kids potty training and her nappy . Christ is anything private

Reactions: 2
More freebies today.
She wasn't long forgetting about yesterday 🙄
Is Barry working or has he given up to 'mind' her?

Reactions: 1
More freebies today.
She wasn't long forgetting about yesterday 🙄
Is Barry working or has he given up to 'mind' her?
She said with the 6 weeks Barry and herself will be at home so I'm guessing he won't be working . I think he isnt anyway since cancer again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.