Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the fundraiser was for treatment. And while I think any amount of money should be raised to go anywhere for treatment to save someone's life, it hasn't been used that way. From eyelash extensions, microblading, to nails, massages, break paid for in Castlemartyr resort suite (I've only ever passed the gates), clothes, etc. Splash the cash indeed.
I also think the use of the money for ivf for afterwards wasn't in the initial plans during fundraising.

Reactions: 18
I liked her before but I was sooo shocked when they had that fundraiser and then went off and bought a new car. They should donate any surplus money to a cancer charity. Like I didn't think the money was for treatment but I understood it would be for staying a hotel in dublin, petrol, meals, rent etc. So gobsmacked by the whole thing.

She hasn't been isolating herself even though she is high risk but at the end of the day that's her choice but to have the neck to come on preaching that people should follow the guidelines when she hasn't been following them at all is laughable.

I really do wish her the best with her treatment etc. but I don't think it's fair taking people's money and not using it in the way you said you would.

Reactions: 20
I have a lot of sympathy for what she is going through in relation to her diagnosis. She doesn’t bother me regarding all the freebies she gets - typical instahun. But the go fund me page was a complete disregard for people’s kindness. Very greedy on her part to let it get so high. She addressed it once and I would think that’s it. She’s a tough nut, I hoped she would do the right thing and donate anything she won’t need for treatment to someone else going through it, but I don’t that will happen. I think go fund me pages should be capped at the target, otherwise why put a target up in the first place.

Reactions: 15
I liked her before but I was sooo shocked when they had that fundraiser and then went off and bought a new car. They should donate any surplus money to a cancer charity. Like I didn't think the money was for treatment but I understood it would be for staying a hotel in dublin, petrol, meals, rent etc. So gobsmacked by the whole thing.

She hasn't been isolating herself even though she is high risk but at the end of the day that's her choice but to have the neck to come on preaching that people should follow the guidelines when she hasn't been following them at all is laughable.

I really do wish her the best with her treatment etc. but I don't think it's fair taking people's money and not using it in the way you said you would.
Let's not forget the fitbits she bought the same weekend as the jeep for herself, the boyfriend and correct me if I'm wrong her parents ??

The montenotte Hotel aswell in a suite as the castelmartyr which costs a fortune to stay in those suites.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
The baby grow incident . Dont know what to say at this point ....
No crazy follower had her address, if that had happened she would have went to the guards , that can be traced and there’s a good chance of finding out who posted it with cameras etc . It was beyond suspicious. Pretty sure Rachel ‘Gurry’ jumped to her defence 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I cannot understand the out and about part. She is everywhere I mean everywhere. Even more places than a non high risk person is advised to be at present. I cannot understand her disregard in this b

Reactions: 6
No crazy follower had her address, if that had happened she would have went to the guards , that can be traced and there’s a good chance of finding out who posted it with cameras etc . It was beyond suspicious. Pretty such Rachel ‘Gurry’ jumped to her defence 🙄
I would of been scared out of my skin are they watching me , my child , my family, absolutely sweating . Straight to the guards and getting cctv put in I would be so paranoid. Not a buzz out of her . It mind boggles me .

Reactions: 11
I don't have the same blood cancer, but i do have an incurable blood cancer. I'm not currently on treatment but still at high risk to covid. I go everywhere. Do everything. My life is already being cut short so I'm not spending what's left of it stuck inside. I don't preach to others about the rules though. If I had a stem cell transplant in the near future I'd be a bit more careful. I'd not risk anything to have that cancelled.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I would of been scared out of my skin are they watching me , my child , my family, absolutely sweating . Straight to the guards and getting cctv put in I would be so paranoid. Not a buzz out of her . It mind boggles me .
Sooo true! You would be scared shitless for your little girls safety . Totally paranoid etc . If she sent them to herself she’s beyond psycho

Reactions: 7
This go fund me really bugged me. Within hours it was 50-60k, she kept talking about closing it but it was only closed when it got to €176k and the donations actually stopped. 3 days in a row it was meant to be stopped. I think it’s a holy disgrace. I was one of the first people to see it & I donated €100. Had I known then what would happen I would have kept my €100. I do not consent to funding hotel stays, beauty treatments and potentially IVF. She has become an insta beggar, grabbing freebies & without her cancer story she’s dull. No sense of fashion or style. Nothing interesting about her & a little too Sarcastic for me. I’m disgusted & anyone who doesn’t think the baby grow thing was a ploy to build a following is delusional. She’s Rachel Gorry part 2. Bit of a sob story but a spineless greedy person underneath. And her preaching yesterday about covid - you two faced cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I thought the fundraiser was for treatment. And while I think any amount of money should be raised to go anywhere for treatment to save someone's life, it hasn't been used that way. From eyelash extensions, microblading, to nails, massages, break paid for in Castlemartyr resort suite (I've only ever passed the gates), clothes, etc. Splash the cash indeed.
I also think the use of the money for ivf for afterwards wasn't in the initial plans during fundraising.
Cancer treatment is free in Ireland. This was a -play on peoples kindness. God forgive her and anyone that uses cancer for monetary purposes. Anyone notice she’s had to stop referring to her oncologist personally on Instagram as if she was his only patient. 🤬🤬He and his staff hate that. So unprofessional.

Reactions: 24
When she got her all clear the other week they went out celebrating to the pub.
Fair enough, it's great news, but she had several contacts, even then we were told to limit contacts.
I've teen high risks in the house, and, up until the other night when we were told no visitors, they had 2 friends each as their close contacts.
Yes, of course she's going to live her best life if you've been through what she's been through. But she's got a little girl and a grandmother, with whom you'd think she'd be a bit sensible.
And then posting yesterday to remain within guidelines?

This go fund me really bugged me. Within hours it was 50-60k, she kept talking about closing it but it was only closed when it got to €176k and the donations actually stopped. 3 days in a row it was meant to be stopped. I think it’s a holy disgrace. I was one of the first people to see it & I donated €100. Had I known then what would happen I would have kept my €100. I do not consent to funding hotel stays, beauty treatments and potentially IVF. She has become an insta beggar, grabbing freebies & without her cancer story she’s dull. No sense of fashion or style. Nothing interesting about her & a little too Sarcastic for me. I’m disgusted & anyone who doesn’t think the baby grow thing was a ploy to build a following is delusional. She’s Rachel Gorry part 2. Bit of a sob story but a spineless greedy person underneath. And her preaching yesterday about covid - you two faced cow.
100euro , I’d be fuming and you have a Perfect right to ask where your money went. I only lost a tenner to the fake sob story.

Reactions: 17
I am waiting for the rant when she sees this page. She is a gusty one when she wants to be and won't take kindly to not being in the rave section . Long time coming this thread.

I donated stupidly too , just €30 but made me feel like tit . I drive a few years old " run around banger " as she would call it , dublin every 2 weeks for pain treatment in a smallish car like she had . She is a hypocrite

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s disgusting what
When she got her all clear the other week they went out celebrating to the pub.
Fair enough, it's great news, but she had several contacts, even then we were told to limit contacts.
I've teen high risks in the house, and, up until the other night when we were told no visitors, they had 2 friends each as their close contacts.
Yes, of course she's going to live her best life if you've been through what she's been through. But she's got a little girl and a grandmother, with whom you'd think she'd be a bit sensible.
And then posting yesterday to remain within guidelines?
It’s the preaching to the world about sticking to guidelines I have the biggest issue with. Bit like the mentality of golfgate....do as I say, not as I do. If the country was to rely on her advice on what’s best to do 🙄🙄🙄 Please now give it a rest and stick to your niche.... your swipe ups

Thank god other people can now see through this. Previous threads were deleted within hours of starting.
It was so transparent....the week before the babygrows story, she tried to make a big deal out of being trolled and it didn’t gain traction. They were all jumping on the trolling that same week (twins and me etc. and Claire balding) and getting reshares.Then a week later the babygrow story. Didn’t believe it for one second that someone following her found her address etc. Any of my friends who live in estates, I never remember their house number ffs. 🙄 I don’t believe she was sent anything but if she was she needs to look closer to home.
Anyway, that baby grow fiasco grew her following from 43k to nearly 100k in about a week thanks to everyone sharing it (MRS crying into her phone over it etc.) and then a week later the go fund me started by her friend.
Seems too calculated and coincidental to me.
When I was sick, my employers asked to start a go fund me and I said no way. Could I have done with some financial assistance? Of course. But I would never ask for charity like that unless it was absolutely dire circumstances. Imagine going out for a meal or getting your nails done and having people say “oh she didn’t need that money”. Shannen took the piss completely with all the hotel stays and the new car. Disgusting amount of money to go to one person. It should have been stopped at €50k maximum

Reactions: 23
Cancer treatment is free in Ireland. This was a -play on peoples kindness. God forgive her and anyone that uses cancer for monetary purposes. Anyone notice she’s had to stop referring to her oncologist personally on Instagram as if she was his only patient. 🤬🤬He and his staff hate that. So unprofessional.
That was embarrassing, it was like she had a full on crush on this man ! And boasting she had his phone number was weird

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That was embarrassing, it was like she had a full on crush on this man ! And boasting she had his phone number was weird
It gives the impression that she had a different cancer to everyone else, and somehow she had his number as she was worse than everyone else.

Reactions: 8
I’m so glad this thread is here now... thought i was alone in thinking this! I’m going through cancer treatment at the moment - it’s not the same type as Shannon, but cancer all the same. I haven’t left my house from June/July, bar going to the hospital. I haven’t seen my family in months. She is constantly out and about going for lunches and hotel breaks. They tell you when your going through treatment that those things should be stopped until your treatment is over, and that’s aside from the fact that we are in a pandemic 🤦🏻‍♀️ She seems to just do what suits herself. She’s turned into an insta hun influencer off the back of all this and I don’t think it’s right.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.