Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The go fund me page was allowed to get very high. And without a further donation to charity is very troubling.
I remember giving to this fund before and I still get little messages about receipts for money spent. The poor wee pet didn’t even make his target. If anyone had a spare euro , it might be nice to direct it here

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She said with the 6 weeks Barry and herself will be at home so I'm guessing he won't be working . I think he isnt anyway since cancer again
He had no reason to give up work until the transplant, even that's not needed now when partners can't attend. There are hundreds of people up and down the country, every day, without support, travelling on public transport, to get to chemo and radiotherapy.
But I guess it's easy for him when those who donated to the go fund me are paying their rent.

Reactions: 13
C
Going through treatment I have all the worries Shannen currently has. She is very lucky she has her daughter, I have had that chance taken away from me for life. That would make me even more determined to follow the rules right now as I wouldn’t want to take any chances for Roisin, nevermind myself.
It annoyed me when she put up about the possibility of her being fertile again. I can say with 99.9% certainly that that is not possible. It wouldn’t be possible after her first round of treatment, and definitely not now she’s in her third round. I don’t say that with malice. I say that as it upsets me being in that situation myself and the fact that she may give false hope to other cancer patients.
[/QUOTE
A lot of her “advice” is misleading and for the purpose of public pity.
More freebies today.
She wasn't long forgetting about yesterday 🙄
Is Barry working or has he given up to 'mind' her?
i think his employers were over generous giving him time off but then she told everyone he would have to give up work to care for her hence the go fund me . A load of lies preying on the kindness of people who could ill afford donations.

Reactions: 8
The go fund me page was allowed to get very high. And without a further donation to charity is very troubling.
I remember giving to this fund before and I still get little messages about receipts for money spent. The poor wee pet didn’t even make his target. If anyone had a spare euro , it might be nice to direct it here

Poor wee lad, I hope they manage to reach their target.
It's terrible how some get everything and would proceed to take the hand clean off you and then there's others fighting tooth and nail 😥

Reactions: 9
Is it just me or is it people think ah leave the girl alone she’s had cancer if anyone says anything bad about her account. There’s 2 accounts I follow hers and another person and I find that if they get hate it’s oh xyz had cancer leave them alone.
I’m sick of people using cancer as an excuse, my friends in remission and she certainly didn’t use cancer as an excuse just sickens me 😡
Sure she's a 'hero' hon 🥴

Reactions: 4
C

i think his employers were over generous giving him time off but then she told everyone he would have to give up work to care for her hence the go fund me . A load of lies preying on the kindness of people who could ill afford donations.
I understand that they’ve bills to pay and a child to care for but my dad had several operations and treatments the past 3 years for colan cancer and he didn’t need a go fund me. I hate this because now I really am doubtful of go fund me pages because so many are disingenuous

Reactions: 24
Thank god other people can now see through this. Previous threads were deleted within hours of starting.
It was so transparent....the week before the babygrows story, she tried to make a big deal out of being trolled and it didn’t gain traction. They were all jumping on the trolling that same week (twins and me etc. and Claire balding) and getting reshares.Then a week later the babygrow story. Didn’t believe it for one second that someone following her found her address etc. Any of my friends who live in estates, I never remember their house number ffs. 🙄 I don’t believe she was sent anything but if she was she needs to look closer to home.
Anyway, that baby grow fiasco grew her following from 43k to nearly 100k in about a week thanks to everyone sharing it (MRS crying into her phone over it etc.) and then a week later the go fund me started by her friend.
Seems too calculated and coincidental to me.
When I was sick, my employers asked to start a go fund me and I said no way. Could I have done with some financial assistance? Of course. But I would never ask for charity like that unless it was absolutely dire circumstances. Imagine going out for a meal or getting your nails done and having people say “oh she didn’t need that money”. Shannen took the piss completely with all the hotel stays and the new car. Disgusting amount of money to go to one person. It should have been stopped at €50k maximum

Pls can someone give a low down of who this person is and what the baby grow incident is?ive stumbled on this thread by chance anc I’m now intrigued as to what’s going on / has gone on to upset people

Reactions: 1
Pls can someone give a low down of who this person is and what the baby grow incident is?ive stumbled on this thread by chance anc I’m now intrigued as to what’s going on / has gone on to upset people
She’s a cancer sufferer, currently in remission for the third time but is undergoing chemo and a transplant in January. There was a go fund me set up that raised €175k and they splashed out on nights away, new car and other luxuries out of it. Going shopping and to parties etc but telling people to stay home and be afraid of the virus.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Her cancer isn't terminal but talked as if it was , claimed someone sent her baby grows to her house and got her address because she is infertile now , has one little girl , her following soared cause other insta huns down the phone crying about it , go fund me started like a day or 2 after it ? Very convenient since her numbers were massive now. Straight saway went and blew the money on a jeep , nights away , fitbits etc etc . Swore the money was for future treatment if she ever got cancer again so she could get better research and maybe to to America. Obviously some lies again. Never stays in but has the balls to preach we all should be . Made it out like she was in the breadline , she isnt at all . She is full of lies .

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Does anyone remember the StVincent de paul shopping vouchers that was given to her last year and she said she was going to give them to someone needy, then said she decided that as they were given to her anonymously, she said they'd use them instead.
That one really boiled my piss.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Does anyone remember the StVincent de paul shopping vouchers that was given to her last year and she said she was going to give them to someone needy, then said she decided that as they were given to her anonymously, she said they'd use them instead.
On one hand, if I had given vouchers to her then I'd want them to be used by her and not just anybody. People give to causes that are close to their heart, so if she did give them to someone else it wouldn't be fair to the person who chose to give their money to her specific cause (its part of the reason why people are annoyed by the go fund me being spent in a way that it wasn't originally intended), but yeah its bad form to say it would be given to someone more in need and then take that back and use them for herself. Best thing would have been to graciously thank in public and then do as she pleased in private.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Why was she given shopping vouchers? I forget all this

Around Christmas last year. Her transplant was very near Christmas and someone anon dropped them to her. She didn't dwell on it very long. Said she said something like 'feck it, I need it as much as anybody else.'

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Around Christmas last year. Her transplant was very near Christmas and someone anon dropped them to her. She didn't dwell on it very long. Said she said something like 'feck it, I need it as much as anybody else.'
Jesus I must of missed that completely. That person obviously meant well but she is greedy AF and there is people genuinely on the bread line .

That was long before the go fund me so they might have been genuinely struggling then, what she said at the time was she was going to give it away but that would be very useful for them for food

That was long before the go fund me so they might have been genuinely struggling then, what she said at the time was she was going to give it away but that would be very useful for them for food
What put doubt in my mind about her that time was that she was claiming the poor mouth but was still able to get the nails done, and her little extras. I just thought it was very odd at the time.

I’m so glad this thread is here now... thought i was alone in thinking this! I’m going through cancer treatment at the moment - it’s not the same type as Shannon, but cancer all the same. I haven’t left my house from June/July, bar going to the hospital. I haven’t seen my family in months. She is constantly out and about going for lunches and hotel breaks. They tell you when your going through treatment that those things should be stopped until your treatment is over, and that’s aside from the fact that we are in a pandemic 🤦🏻‍♀️ She seems to just do what suits herself. She’s turned into an insta hun influencer off the back of all this and I don’t think it’s right.
Wishing you all the best in your recovery 💓

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Another lesson learnt the hard way. I’ll never donate to them again either 🤬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.