Big C and Me #5 No more Big C but it's still all me! And my huge GoFundMe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Missymeister don't waste space in your brain now on this parasite.
That money will never bring her good luck. All the cars, houses and nails in the world will mean nothing when things start going wrong for her, be it her relationship, herself and her daughters relationship, her parents, her health....she won't escape, it come back to bite her in some form or other.
As those who live in the area have said, she's not liked in Youghal, and she doesn't realise that while she may have a neck like brass, her young daughter will eventually be in school as a teen and will only be known as the girl who has a mother who stole €170k.
If she feels, as it has been said above here tonight, that it’s her money and she’s not gonna explain it to anyone, then maybe she should come out and say that and be done with it rather than all this ‘if you want to know, DM me’ and then blocking anyone who asks.
She needs to be straight even if it is an unpopular position to take.
This is exactly it. This is never going to be forgotten about unless she just comes out and says this. She will keep being questioned. It will follow her around for the rest of her life. She put it all in writing to those who donated what she was going to do with the money (donate it etc.) and if she’s not going to follow through on that then she needs to own it.

As someone else said, she could’ve left the spotlight and may have even gotten away with what she did but nope, she’s greedy and what’s more freebies, more limelight, more easy life being an influencer so she doesn’t have to work. Her greed and hunger to stay in the spotlight has been her downfall here.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can see some of that you’re saying. But I think it raises a pertinent question about GFMWhile I agree that the recipient of the funds raised has no technical or legal obligation to account for or prove exactly how it’s used ; it’s a charitable funding site and the money is donated on a good faith basis that the person is genuinely in need of this sum for a particular reason. There is always an opportunity for people to abuse and profit from it and that is of course the risk you take if you choose to donate to a fund. So you could of course say that once you’ve donated , given that you’ve done so on a voluntary , good faith basis, the money is no longer yours to decide how or where it’s spent and nor does the recipient have an by obligation to provide you with that information.
However!
There are a number of issues in this case that have raised concerns and eyebrows. For starters it’s the fact that as said, the sum initially targeted was 10K, and this was met quite quickly and exceeded quite quickly while Shannen herself and others continued to promote and share the fundraiser finally going 10x the the initial aim. Legally yes , it was still on a voluntary , charitable basis that people knowingly donated to seeing the target already exceeded but there is no doubt that her rapidly growing “insta status” massively contributed towards this acceleration of her fund and so can be deduced that quite a number of her followers / fans etc were central in raising that amount.
Which leads to the second issue : given her insta status and her followers’ genuine interest and well wishing concern , they then remained on the scene and were keen to follow her (thankfully successful) journey and see that they had helped. i.e they were *invested*, quite literally, in her cause. She seems to have forgotten this fact and has imo mismanaged her insta notoriety.
The car became the next issue ; sure it could be taken at face value that given they were travelling up and down to Dublin they needed a reliable car, and she explained it thus in one of her stories. But she also decided to show her followers new jewellery, weekend / hotel breaks away / clothing hauls etc which was perhaps poor thinking right off the back of a massive fundraiser.
She then began to receive a couple of messages - I don’t think it’s unreasonable tbh that followers did ask - about how the remaining funds would be used. Yes she doesn’t HAVE to answer - but she has to remember this was money given to her in CHARITY. She didn’t need treatment abroad, she made a full recovery in the public health system and is (again thankfully) in remission a year on. Morally , a charitable donation or gesture or acknowledgment of the cancer services who helped her, the followers who donated to her, and a willingness to help others in similar situations *should* be what’s on her mind. It would also just make sense given that she’s desperately trying to make it as an instagrammer. So if it isn’t something she naturally or morally wants to do, maybe her management or PR need to advise her on a strategy.
If she wasn’t trying to continue her insta fame and career - remember her whole insta profile was originally to provide “awareness” about cancer and as support for other patients - she would have slid off the radar and noone would be talking about her fund. She has now changed tack and decided to become an influencer. And with that comes a downside of being under continued public scrutiny and needing to maintain good PR. Becoming defensive, refusing to talk about it, being bitchy and lashing out like in those messages above does NOT sit well, damaged her precious insta image and is a slap in the face to the same followers from which she’s trying to make a career and even MORE earnings.
You hit the nail on the head 🙌👌

Reactions: 2
Really for me the bottom line is I will never give a cent to a go fund me again. Nothing good comes from I’ll gotten gains that’s all I’ll say.

Reactions: 11
You did not out her she outed herself, her response of “please do not harm my career” is part of the same manipulative facet of her personality that got her into the situation she has found herself in. I think we can all agree it is not one we envy, she was in a horrible situation at one stage but thank god she is well and it up to her now how she uses her GFM and platform to market herself.
The dilemma she’s in I don’t believe was intentional but the situation she’s facing now is her own doing and if anything is to come of this at all it will be that she sees sense and donates the rest of the money to people like yourself who deserve all care and love. I wish I could send you something, a massage voucher or comforting candle, a justeat voucher for the rest of the year to make anything easier for you.
Things play out for a reason and your courage to confront her and share your messages will help her in the long run to become a better person (I only hope!) the world needs more women like yourself to stand up and show accountability and dignity ❤❤I do believe that she will finally learn from this and I hope it will inspire her to help others and donate what she can to others in your situation. You’ve taught kindness, the true meaning of the #bekind movement. As she said but in a much different way, god love you and know this thread is behind you all the way ❤❤
@uncleted thank you so so much……what a beautiful heartwarming message to wake up to 🤗. It honestly means more then you will ever know to me how much all the kind caring love and support on here has stirred something that I had lost since I started this 2nd battle with cancer last July and that is my confidence. I felt I just had to question her not just for me but for every single person who donated to her GFM and to every single person like me waking up each day not knowing how my physical and mental state will be because of treatment.
Cancer steals so many things not just from the person fighting it but from everyone close to them and getting even a bit of my confidence back by doing this has given me strength and that is truly amazing 💕💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 25
During the week I’d say…needs to get her story straight with her agency first before coming on with her bullshit
Doesn't miss a beat of posting pictures from her hospital bed, pic lines, hospital charts, we got a whole bloody 2 weeks of blood results. But when asked something thrá should be knowledge she goes undercover..

Reactions: 9
Just an update……she has been in contact with Tea Spill and she did admit being wrong sending me the messages but said that the money is hers and she will not be explaining to anyone what it’s being used for……and the messages are being manipulated. Tea Spill advised her to speak honestly about it and it will stop the talk……Tea Spill also said she got a flood of DMs supporting me 💕💕
does she not realise its fraud, she told lies , needed treatment abroad, everything fir cAncer paid fior, even the wig , so she’s happy to be known as a fraud, good to hear this, will business want to work with frauds,

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just an update……she has been in contact with Tea Spill and she did admit being wrong sending me the messages but said that the money is hers and she will not be explaining to anyone what it’s being used for……and the messages are being manipulated. Tea Spill advised her to speak honestly about it and it will stop the talk……Tea Spill also said she got a flood of DMs supporting me 💕💕
Shannon could clear her name in a moment, simply by unblocking Missymeister and sending her copies of what was actually sent,(and unblock all other thousads, just to let people unfallow her)) this of course, if she actually has nothing to hide. But given that, she has the morals of an alley cat, this is never going to happen. She is a selfish skank and gives not a second thought to anyone ,who is of no financial benefit to her. I can see Babygrowsaga2 is coming soon.

Reactions: 13
She’s dropped from 115k to 113k recently.
Honestly can’t understand how she isn’t haemorrhaging much much more.

She built her following very quickly with grief vultures, or people wanting the drama after all the Insta Huns like MRS shared the baby grow saga (remember MRS bawling into the phone about it). But what content are people staying for now.
Her following wasn’t based on likeability, style, talent or having something to offer that’s for sure.

Loling at her saying she’s positive, capable and independent - surely she’s trolling us. The things she’s the exact opposite of! 🤣🤣🤣
She’s capable of being a scammer alright but not of contributing anything to her household or looking after her child
Who is MRS?

Reactions: 1
Yes, she could unblock Missy and show that her initial message was innocent and respectful. But then she can’t claim that her words are being manipulated which is the only hope she has of weathering this storm.

It’s obvious people are fed up of the moaning and whinging. People liked the drama of the cancer , sounds bad but it’s obvious, her, Rachel gorry etc. But now that she’s well and all she does is sleep and moan, people have lost interest. She loses hundreds of followers every month. So she could come on whinging and moaning but that’s not working. She could brazen it out but the questions continue and it’s clear people are going to or already have contacted the byrnes. Which she hates.
Also, she’s straying into someone in the media picking it up, and frankly those cruel messages combined with telling someone it was fantastic they could take the day off to mourn Ashling Murphy would be enough to have her cancelled.
Which might be no bad thing. As it is she’s being slowly cancelled daily and foe the past year with loss of followers. Why not just get it over with and lose them all in one day?

She shows a cruelty in her messages which directly contradicts what she says on insta- contact me, I’ll support you, I’ll help you….

When someone’s actions and words don’t align, that’s when you need to be on guar do

On guard

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It was him who set up the GFM in the first place and let it run way over the target. He had a role to play also.
No Kieran Corrigan did not set up the go fund me. I think it was her friend called Ciaran but it was a different one

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.