Big C and Me #5 No more Big C but it's still all me! And my huge GoFundMe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Great to switch off the anxiety switch when you're off for a blow dry and a night away......

Here you go, not sure if I have them in the right order...
It seems to just mention easing financial pressure in the original part and that was written by someone else who set up the GFM page. If I’m reading it right she only mentioned future treatments after the GFM had been closed so I don’t think you could argue that that is what people were told in advance of donating. Her story probably will make some people less willing to donate to other fundraisers in the future but I think if you donate then it’s their money really and you can disagree with how they use it but there’s not much you can do about it, just be more cautious going forward. Unless they do explicitly state a purpose initially and then it’s not used for that and maybe there is some way to take it up with GFM. I think messaging her directly is a bit much tbh. If you are going to donate I’d consider that money gone once you do. Only donate what you can comfortably afford to lose. It looks bad for herself if she has misused the funds but I wouldn’t be letting it get to me, it’s her money now and lesson learned for anyone who feels misled.

Reactions: 4
It seems to just mention easing financial pressure in the original part and that was written by someone else who set up the GFM page. If I’m reading it right she only mentioned future treatments after the GFM had been closed so I don’t think you could argue that that is what people were told in advance of donating. Her story probably will make some people less willing to donate to other fundraisers in the future but I think if you donate then it’s their money really and you can disagree with how they use it but there’s not much you can do about it, just be more cautious going forward. Unless they do explicitly state a purpose initially and then it’s not used for that and maybe there is some way to take it up with GFM. I think messaging her directly is a bit much tbh. If you are going to donate I’d consider that money gone once you do. Only donate what you can comfortably afford to lose. It looks bad for herself if she has misused the funds but I wouldn’t be letting it get to me, it’s her money now and lesson learned for anyone who feels misled.
Still doesn't give her the right to talk to and treat people like tit though.....just saying.....

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Still doesn't give her the right to talk to and treat people like tit though.....just saying.....
To be honest I’d say she gets some amount of nasty messages, I’d say they all do really. I imagine after a while you don’t take kindly to them. I don’t follow her, unfollowed when I saw those comments here about what she said about Aisling’s murder. I never watched her stories anyway, but I had never gotten round to unfollowing, so it was an easy unfollow for me and I won’t miss her. So I’m not really familiar with what she says to people, that call out page is what led me here today.

Reactions: 2
My take on it is that if a GFM is opened for a certain amount it should automatically close when it is reached. Regardless of what was mentioned after, she was clear when tagging the hell out of it at the beginning what it was for. It was disingenuous on her part to then turn around with over $170,000 raised and rationalize her decision to keep it. It’s very easy to think of reasons to need that amount of money ffs. It is just wrong. People can disagree with messaging her or the people who set it up initially, but there really can’t be much disagreement in acknowledging how appalling her behaviour has been around it. Her reaction to questions has been so rude and dismissive. This is who she had shown herself to be.

Reactions: 11
She shared the page herself well after the 10,000 was raised and I remember her on stories "explaining what the money was for" it's only right she gets called out when she flaunting her "fortune" in people's faces especially when she is saying ask in my FM's and then blocking people

Reactions: 7
My take on it is that if a GFM is opened for a certain amount it should automatically close when it is reached. Regardless of what was mentioned after, she was clear when tagging the hell out of it at the beginning what it was for. It was disingenuous on her part to then turn around with over $170,000 raised and rationalize her decision to keep it. It’s very easy to think of reasons to need that amount of money ffs. It is just wrong. People can disagree with messaging her or the people who set it up initially, but there really can’t be much disagreement in acknowledging how appalling her behaviour has been around it. Her reaction to questions has been so rude and dismissive. This is who she had shown herself to be.
It doesn’t cover her in glory and you would think she would be concerned about that now that she’s an influencer but I guess it would take a lot of #ads to make €170k so she’s not going to give it back to look good.

Reactions: 2
To be honest I’d say she gets some amount of nasty messages, I’d say they all do really. I imagine after a while you don’t take kindly to them. I don’t follow her, unfollowed when I saw those comments here about what she said about Aisling’s murder. I never watched her stories anyway, but I had never gotten round to unfollowing, so it was an easy unfollow for me and I won’t miss her. So I’m not really familiar with what she says to people, that call out page is what led me here today.
If you call yourself an "influencer" then you can expect to receive nasty messages.....like you say they all do.....if you're going to put your life on social media then that is what is going to happen......
But would any of the other influencers talk to a terminal cancer sufferer the way Shannen did?? And all because she asked her a simple question....I think not......

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If you call yourself an "influencer" then you can expect to receive nasty messages.....like you say they all do.....if you're going to put your life on social media then that is what is going to happen......
But would any of the other influencers talk to a terminal cancer sufferer the way Shannen did?? And all because she asked her a simple question....I think not......
I think personally if you send a nasty message you can probably expect one back or blocked at the least. Some of the messages you see them sharing, and of course I’m sure they only share the worst, but some of the stuff people send is insane!!

I did not send her any nasty messages @Thump just to clarify. I simply asked her about the GFM disingenuously stating that she needed the funds to travel abroad for treatment. And I don’t regret doing it

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I did not send her any nasty messages @Thump just to clarify. I simply asked her about the GFM disingenuously stating that she needed the funds to travel abroad for treatment
I’m not saying you sent any, someone said the way she speaks to people so I assumed it’s something she known to do in general and was commenting in that context. Not specifically in relation to your message.

Edit to say I don’t really get messaging her about the GFM though to be honest. Unless I donated a substantial sum and then maybe I’d feel like she was answerable to me. That fundraiser was a long time ago now wasn’t it?

Last edited:
I’m not saying you sent any, someone said the way she speaks to people so I assumed it’s something she known to do in general and was commenting in that context. Not specifically in relation to your message.

Edit to say I don’t really get messaging her about the GFM though to be honest. Unless I donated a substantial sum and then maybe I’d feel like she was answerable to me. That fundraiser was a long time ago now wasn’t it?
She said she would hold onto the gfm for at least a year and then donate it , the year is now up this month that is why people are talking about it on here. We're all entitled to our opinions , but you have said yourself ,you don't really follow her stories so you havnt see the muck she has been raving about and going on about mental health and DM her if you need to talk , what qualification has she??? She lied about her intentions with the money and it doesn't matter if someone donate €5 or €5000 it was hard earned by the doner and donated in good faith. Her deceitfulness has now deterred people from donating to gfm's in future . It's not all about her and the money it's her actions and the repercussions of her actions that people on here have issue with

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I think we are never going to get any answers about the gfm me money ….. HOWEVER those responses to that lady are an absolute DISGRACE. All this now has badly blown up in her face. I reckon she’ll lie low for the weekend, hold crisis talks with her agency & come on next week with some bullshit story & announce she’s talking a break from social media. She’s a saucy witch and I hope people really see her for who she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She said she would hold onto the gfm for at least a year and then donate it , the year is now up this month that is why people are talking about it on here. We're all entitled to our opinions , but you have said yourself ,you don't really follow her stories so you havnt see the muck she has been raving about and going on about mental health and DM her if you need to talk , what qualification has she??? She lied about her intentions with the money and it doesn't matter if someone donate €5 or €5000 it was hard earned by the donated and donated in food faith. Her deceitfulness has not deterred people from donating to gfm's in future . It's not all about her and the money it's her actions and the repercussions of her actions that people on here have issue with
No I don’t follow her and I never really watched her stories. My original comment was on the screenshots of GFM page where someone mentioned reporting her to GFM. I was just saying based on what was in the screenshots I don’t think you had much basis for reporting to GFM. What do people expect to happen when they message her? She’s going to give everyone back their fiver? Is it really worth the stress it seems to be causing people. People need to unfollow in enough numbers to hit her where it hurts. That’s the comeuppance she needs, take her influencing career down a peg or 2. How many people here still follow her? I’d say more than you think. If people continue to follow her why will she care? She won’t.

Reactions: 4
No I don’t follow her and I never really watched her stories. My original comment was on the screenshots of GFM page where someone mentioned reporting her to GFM. I was just saying based on what was in the screenshots I don’t think you had much basis for reporting to GFM. What do people expect to happen when they message her? She’s going to give everyone back their fiver? Is it really worth the stress it seems to be causing people. People need to unfollow in enough numbers to hit her where it hurts. That’s the comeuppance she needs, take her influencing career down a peg or 2. How many people here still follow her? I’d say more than you think. If people continue to follow her why will she care? She won’t.
The moneies raised weren't used as allegedly intended I would think that is basis enough for a report to gfm 🤷 Noone on here expected her to give the money back , people wanted it to be used as they had been led to believe and invest it in other charities . I would say most people on here don't actually follow her to be honest , there are other ways to view stories without engaging with her page .

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.