Big Brother Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet a lot of viewers who were very young when BB was in its early stages were thinking Dermot? BB? Eh??
I watched Dermot doing BBLB every single day it was on lol

I can’t believe out of the best CBB5 moments the best they could come up with is Chantelle singing ffs. What about George Galloway pretending to be a cat? Or Galloway in a leotard dancing with Pete a Burns? My favourite bit of that series was Michael Barrymore walking around doing impressions of Jimmy Savile, and then Savile randomly turning up. Though I can understand why they’d rather forget that happened.

Cant believe we are not going to see fight night again either! Or Helen and Paul, or Grace throwing water in SuZoe’s face. So much stuff missing.
Didnt the police get involved during fight night ? If so I can see why they wont be repeating that. Plus it got really bad press at the time

I watched Dermot doing BBLB every single day it was on lol

Didnt the police get involved during fight night ? If so I can see why they wont be repeating that. Plus it got really bad press at the time
There was an extended version of fight night on youtube but I think it got removed

Reactions: 1
I can’t believe out of the best CBB5 moments the best they could come up with is Chantelle singing ffs. What about George Galloway pretending to be a cat? Or Galloway in a leotard dancing with Pete a Burns? My favourite bit of that series was Michael Barrymore walking around doing impressions of Jimmy Savile, and then Savile randomly turning up. Though I can understand why they’d rather forget that happened.

Cant believe we are not going to see fight night again either! Or Helen and Paul, or Grace throwing water in SuZoe’s face. So much stuff missing.
To be fair though, you’re classing them as iconic moments and events, which they were, but the whole episode those events were in are boring. Compared to, for example, Chantelle’s secret mission which was on the same night as the launch night which, on channel 4 days, were always exciting in themselves. And it’s CBB4 not CBB5. I don’t think they’ll show ANYTHING from CBB5 😉 (Jade/Shilpa year)

I thought of that last night specially more than rylan presenting it last night with davina also makes you think of the past presenters like Brian
Brian, Russell, Jack Whitehall(!), Zezi, Natalie Casey, George Lamb...

Reactions: 2
There’s so much Id love to see again, and I know realistically they can’t show it all but I’d love to see old episodes uploaded to All4.

Reactions: 5
To be fair though, you’re classing them as iconic moments and events, which they were, but the whole episode those events were in are boring. Compared to, for example, Chantelle’s secret mission which was on the same night as the launch night which, on channel 4 days, were always exciting in themselves. And it’s CBB4 not CBB5. I don’t think they’ll show ANYTHING from CBB5 😉 (Jade/Shilpa year)

Didn't Michael Mcintyre present a few BBBM before he was a household name?

Didn't loads of people complain about Zezi's presenting skills? :ROFLMAO:

There’s so much Id love to see again, and I know realistically they can’t show it all but I’d love to see old episodes uploaded to All4.
I’ve thought about this many times and out of all the shows they can bring back and own the rights to (I think), I don’t understand why they don’t bring every single episode on All4. I can’t imagine they would have to pay residues (I don’t know if that’s the right word) to air it again, and they wouldn’t have to edit much, apart from blocking out the eviction numbers or replacing it with a message like THIS VOTE HAS ALREADY BEEN CAST. DO NOT CALL AS YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT AND YOU MAY STILL BE CHARGED. They put messages like that on shows airing on +1 channels all the time.

On a side note does anyone know why is it when you try and watch Big Brother videos on YouTube it blocks some and says ‘Big Brother is owned by Channel 5 and they have blocked it in the UK’, which is fair enough, but the exact same message comes up on videos from BB when it was on Channel 4...How do Channel 5 get to block those and claim they own copyright when they didn’t even have anything to do with the show back then?

Yeah, she was AWFUL! And then the time she wasn’t there and it turned out she’d been out the night before and woke up late 😶 And the time she was meant to be quiet in the camera run whilst live on BBLB and all a gaggle of BB8 housemates instantly ran into shot, peering into the glass trying to see who it was, because they heard someone clunking around and generally not being quiet 😂

Reactions: 1
I’ve thought about this many times and out of all the shows they can bring back and own the rights to (I think), I don’t understand why they don’t bring every single episode on All4. I can’t imagine they would have to pay residues (I don’t know if that’s the right word) to air it again, and they wouldn’t have to edit much, apart from blocking out the eviction numbers or replacing it with a message like THIS VOTE HAS ALREADY BEEN CAST. DO NOT CALL AS YOUR VOTE WILL NOT COUNT AND YOU MAY STILL BE CHARGED. They put messages like that on shows airing on +1 channels all the time.

On a side note does anyone know why is it when you try and watch Big Brother videos on YouTube it blocks some and says ‘Big Brother is owned by Channel 5 and they have blocked it in the UK’, which is fair enough, but the exact same message comes up on videos from BB when it was on Channel 4...How do Channel 5 get to block those and claim they own copyright when they didn’t even have anything to do with the show back then?

Yeah, she was AWFUL! And then the time she wasn’t there and it turned out she’d been out the night before and woke up late 😶 And the time she was meant to be quiet in the camera run whilst live on BBLB and all a gaggle of BB8 housemates instantly ran into shot, peering into the glass trying to see who it was, because they heard someone clunking around and generally not being quiet 😂
Channel 5 must have got the rights to the back catalogue as well maybe. Dunno

I would love to see the epsiodes don't get me wrong, but in this last couple of weeks alone we've seen major, mainstream programmes taken off streaming sites - they'd never sanction it. The audience these days are so very different these days, in a way it was triggered by Jade Goody when she was in CBB I guess. That's the first instance I can think of massive outrage that became a huge, overblown national issue. Plus there is a bit of a moral issue, having just watched a couple of series on YouTube I think it must be really hard for past contestants. I'd hate to have 18 year old me filmed and then for it to be shown 15 years later as a representation of who I am. I think we live in a different time now and if we went on a reality show now we'd find it perfectly feasible that that footage would be around forever, but back then I can't imagine that thought entered their heads.

Reactions: 3
Sometimes the best moments in BB were not the standout ones. My favourites were the author Marian Keyes-who seemed to be very into BB being allowed into the camera runs, getting excited about seeing the housemates and banging on the windows to get their attention, then getting quickly ushered away.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I would love to see the epsiodes don't get me wrong, but in this last couple of weeks alone we've seen major, mainstream programmes taken off streaming sites - they'd never sanction it. The audience these days are so very different these days, in a way it was triggered by Jade Goody when she was in CBB I guess. That's the first instance I can think of massive outrage that became a huge, overblown national issue. Plus there is a bit of a moral issue, having just watched a couple of series on YouTube I think it must be really hard for past contestants. I'd hate to have 18 year old me filmed and then for it to be shown 15 years later as a representation of who I am. I think we live in a different time now and if we went on a reality show now we'd find it perfectly feasible that that footage would be around forever, but back then I can't imagine that thought entered their heads.
Yeah, if you were on it 20 years ago you certainly wouldn't believe that!

Remember when they'd wake the housemates up with music and they'd all leap out of bed and dance because they'd not heard music in so long?!

Reactions: 7
I’m calling it now. George and Rula Lenska would have shagged had there been no cameras there.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I would love to watch the series again unedited but I imagine it would be so weird now!! I don’t remember some of the comments they made on their vt’s e.g about immigrants or not like camp people and it seems so weird to think that would have been allowed!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.