Big Brother Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching old episodes it's amazing how what is deemed as acceptable viewing has changed. The live launch of the series with Pete and Nikki, there's a contestant called George. Davina says that two of his biggest fears are transvestites and overly camp gay men, or something along those lines. You wouldn't dare broadcast that now!
Also how in the Nadia series - Jay, Victor and Stu are having a conversation about how she looks like a man. A lot of what they say would not be aired now.

On a side note: I so fancied Aaron from the first C5 BB series. He was a beaut!
None of BB6 would be broadcast now. You had Saskia saying in her VT that she didn’t like immigrants as they all want to ‘kill us and bomb us’. Then the quite obvious racial divide, Saskia making comments about Makosi’s hair, and saying ’you people all have a chip on your shoulder‘. Maxwell calling Vanessa a ‘flid’ which is a derogatory term for a disabled person and Craig harassment of Anfarneee would never be allowed!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Just finished watching BB7 again recently... Also the comments from Nikki and Grace to Sam who was trans. Saying she looks like a man beast, hobbit feet, calling her a he-she etc.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just finished watching BB7 again recently... Also the comments from Nikki and Grace to Sam who was trans. Saying she looks like a man beast, hobbit feet, calling her a he-she etc.
I swear the only likeable people in that series were Glyn and Aisleyne.

Reactions: 3
None of BB6 would be broadcast now. You had Saskia saying in her VT that she didn’t like immigrants as they all want to ‘kill us and bomb us’. Then the quite obvious racial divide, Saskia making comments about Makosi’s hair, and saying ’you people all have a chip on your shoulder‘. Maxwell calling Vanessa a ‘flid’ which is a derogatory term for a disabled person and Craig harassment of Anfarneee would never be allowed!
Gosh! I didn't see the Saskia or Maxwell bits. That's mad. Yeah, I agree with the Craig thing. Jason's pushiness with Vanessa may have caused a reaction, also. All the girls trying to pull his boxers down in one of the episodes might raise a few eyebrows now too. Crazy how much things have changed in 15-20 years.

Reactions: 2
Brian "Bubble, hold me!" during the dance task.
Might have already been said but .. I’ve just started readin the 41 pages !!!! Do you remember when they thought they had seen a ghost in one of the night scenes ? Flipping hilarious .. Brian was my fave BB ..

I’m so glad someone made this thread! I’ve Been lurking on the celeb thread for quite a while and always wanted to post about an encounter I had with a BB contestant but it really doesn’t come anywhere near ‘celeb gossip’ so now’s my chance 😁 does anyone remember PJ from BB2(or 3) he was the bald guy from Birmingham who jade goody did or didn’t give a sexual favour to, well not long after he’d been on the show I was out in a Birmingham club (barracuda to be exact) and I’d had one too many and spotted him standing right next to our table so I went over with a couple of my friends to say hi, he started trying to chat me up but I was in a relationship and my then boyfriend was stood not too far away. Anyway I quite liked the attention and harmlessly flirted back. Then he asked me for a kiss and I (not so harmlessly) obliged and gave him a snog! It wasn’t a very long one and afterwards I walked over to my boyfriend who obviously didn’t look too happy to watch his girlfriend just randomly necking on with some stranger, I on the other hand had a great big smile on my face and told him it was ok cos he’s off the telly!!! He actually laughed when I said that, as if I thought it was acceptable just because he’d been on tv 🤦🏽‍♀️ He was actually a good kisser and had the softest lips! He never popped up on telly after big brother I always hoped he would resurface just so I could tell that story to everyone I know! I can also confirm jade did indeed give him a blowy 😂
Are you still with your boyfriend 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Might have already been said but .. I’ve just started readin the 41 pages !!!! Do you remember when they thought they had seen a ghost in one of the night scenes ? Flipping hilarious .. Brian was my fave BB ..

Are you still with your boyfriend 😂😂😂
Brian will always be my favourite. He was always seeing "demonds" as he called them in the mirrors, obviously the cameramen. Also remember someone threw rice on the bedroom floor and him walking in the room in the dark squealing.
He was so nervous about leaving the house as he didn't know how the public would react to an openly gay man on mainstream TV. Sounds strange nowadays but even then it was unusual. Little did he know that he was genuinely loved by the viewers because he was a naturally sweet and funny, sarcastic and kind young man who happened to be gay. I hope that he helped a lot of young people come to terms with their sexuality and that it was all OK.

Reactions: 5
This is where the whole “treat people as who they truly are inside” argument falls down a little for me. Sam is married (to a woman) and has been for over ten years now, living his life as a man and has two children. I’m not saying Don’t Be Kind but I also think it’s equally as important not to rush into giving sex-based rights to people on the whims and feelings of how they feel.
EDIT: I made that comment over my feelings of Sam and how I feel about the trans debate - I wasn’t trying to justify Sam getting called a man beast and comments about Hobbit feet.

Watching old episodes it's amazing how what is deemed as acceptable viewing has changed. The live launch of the series with Pete and Nikki, there's a contestant called George. Davina says that two of his biggest fears are transvestites and overly camp gay men, or something along those lines. You wouldn't dare broadcast that now!
Also how in the Nadia series - Jay, Victor and Stu are having a conversation about how she looks like a man. A lot of what they say would not be aired now.

On a side note: I so fancied Aaron from the first C5 BB series. He was a beaut!
Also, in BB5 when the first housemate to enter was Marco, an overly camp gay man who hated asylum seekers coming into the country...the second housemate? Ahmed. An asylum seeker now living in England and who hated overly camp gay men. Even as a huge BB fan who was disappointed over boring BB4, I saw that for the contrived drama that it was and even wrote in my diary that night (lol!) That BB5 has started but they had let “a bunch of freaks into the house” (I think those were the exact words I wrote at the time lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Even back then, people complained about this sort of thing. I remember how cross my forum was at Davina’s habit of gleefully announcing every Friday night to a new evictee that Nadia ‘is really a man!!!!’.

• Wow
Btw I totally forgot Brian Dowling presented SMTV for a few years
Yes, I have a weird memory of him being gifted some kind of designer accessory he desperately wanted for his birthday on it? He co-presented with Tess Daly, and at some point H & Claire from Steps were presenters too.

He also presented BB and CBB on Channel 5 for the first couple of series. There was a big drama when he was let go and Emma Willis was bumped up to the main show - Narinder was all over it on Twitter, slagging Emma off and telling her to call Brian. To be fair, Brian was absolutely terrible at presenting Big Brother. Lovely guy but he was out of his depth.

Reactions: 4
Yes, I have a weird memory of him being gifted some kind of designer accessory he desperately wanted for his birthday on it? He co-presented with Tess Daly, and at some point H & Claire from Steps were presenters too.

He also presented BB and CBB on Channel 5 for the first couple of series. There was a big drama when he was let go and Emma Willis was bumped up to the main show - Narinder was all over it on Twitter, slagging Emma off and telling her to call Brian. To be fair, Brian was absolutely terrible at presenting Big Brother. Lovely guy but he was out of his depth.
I gave up on big brother after the Brian Belo series so I never saw him present it on ch5. I was reading that he is moving to LA with his husband

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.