Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t have any LED masks and was gonna spring g for the current body but now I’m like I could put my money towards the Lyma🤓
Sofia Richie has me sold over on TikTok I’m very easily led- if only I was richer😂
Just popping this here before you part with your hard-earned cash - make sure to read the Editor's note.

Reactions: 7
Just popping this here before you part with your hard-earned cash - make sure to read the Editor's note.

Oh wow that’s useful! Thank you! I get Dermalux with my facials and I do my current body every night mostly too, so will stick with that 😂

The Lyma did seem too good to be true and it’s soooo bloody expensive. @Brian Butterfield was it you who got the dermalux for home? How are you getting on with it?

Reactions: 1
I could do with a wee pick me up. I’m quite stressed at the moment and it is showing on my skin. I’m wondering about a facial or… something. Microneedling? Something a wee bit more than a facial that isn’t too invasive? I’m not sure.

I have combination skin that I’m currently struggling to control after having my hormonal coil removed and generally being stressed out my box. I could just do with a a bit of pampering I think. Anyone have any ideas?

• Heart
I could do with a wee pick me up. I’m quite stressed at the moment and it is showing on my skin. I’m wondering about a facial or… something. Microneedling? Something a wee bit more than a facial that isn’t too invasive? I’m not sure.

I have combination skin that I’m currently struggling to control after having my hormonal coil removed and generally being stressed out my box. I could just do with a a bit of pampering I think. Anyone have any ideas?
I really like Microneedling. You get a good result from 1 but I’m currently doing a course of 3. Trying out a few different practitioners as there seems to be a lot of variation in price etc

Hysrafacial is meant to be good too. I’ve had microdermabrasion but found that better in my 20’s.

I really like Microneedling. You get a good result from 1 but I’m currently doing a course of 3. Trying out a few different practitioners as there seems to be a lot of variation in price etc

Hysrafacial is meant to be good too. I’ve had microdermabrasion but found that better in my 20’s.
I’m interested in microneedling what’s the thoughts on numbing cream?
I would have thought it was standard?!

This place charges extra for numbing cream?! 15€ extra

Attachments

I’m interested in microneedling what’s the thoughts on numbing cream?
I would have thought it was standard?!

This place charges extra for numbing cream?! 15€ extra
I don’t have numbing cream. Perhaps it depends on the pen they use and depth of needle. I don’t find it painful although makes me sneeze when done on my forehead 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Has anyone ever had Botox for under eye fine lines? I’ve had it in my forehead and absolutely love it. I don’t have a problem with crows feet it’s more fine lines under my eye/tops of my cheeks which I feel age me when I smile. I’m 29F for info. Would love to hear others experience

Has anyone ever had Botox for under eye fine lines? I’ve had it in my forehead and absolutely love it. I don’t have a problem with crows feet it’s more fine lines under my eye/tops of my cheeks which I feel age me when I smile. I’m 29F for info. Would love to hear others experience
I don’t think Botox can help those lines. I’m 37 and have had a combo of a small amount of cheek/under eye filler, a laser treatment called “smooth eye”, and also recently had 2 sets of Seventy Hyal. My under eye/cheek wrinkles are hugely improved (but not completely, unfortunately!).

You may get better results as you’re younger - you might want to try Profilho/Seventy Hyal first as less intensive/invasive x

I don’t think Botox can help those lines. I’m 37 and have had a combo of a small amount of cheek/under eye filler, a laser treatment called “smooth eye”, and also recently had 2 sets of Seventy Hyal. My under eye/cheek wrinkles are hugely improved (but not completely, unfortunately!).

You may get better results as you’re younger - you might want to try Profilho/Seventy Hyal first as less intensive/invasive x
Ooh I've never heard of smooth eye. What was the downtime for this treatment?
Co2 laser is meant to be good but bit of recovery time involved.
I think microdroplets of Botox administered under eye has a tightening effect but it seems to be a challenging area to treat.

Ooh I've never heard of smooth eye. What was the downtime for this treatment?
Co2 laser is meant to be good but bit of recovery time involved.
I think microdroplets of Botox administered under eye has a tightening effect but it seems to be a challenging area to treat.
It’s this - https://www.fotona.com/en/treatments/6024/smootheye-r/

There is a bit of downtime - you will have your skin shedding/flaking for a few days! I usually get mine done after work on a Thursday, on Friday it’s a little swollen but no shedding yet so it’s ok to go to work. Then Sat & Sun are the worst shedding days so don’t make any plans that weekend! Then by Monday, you’ll still have a bit of shedding but it’s loads better and you can go back into work!

I had 4 treatments 1 month apart, then now go once every 4 or 5 months for a top up.

I can’t say how much of a difference this has made on its own as I had the filler too, but it’s all definitely improved so I’m scared to stop it now 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Polynucleotides
I have my first treatment for under eye fine lines and wrinkles.
I did have a a lot of small bumps underneath the skin. The treatment itself was a bit painful, more a nipping pain but bearable. It’s not the injections that hurt it’s the product itself that’s nippy apparently.
I was fairly red and I’ve bruised a little afterwards but that can happen.
I do have very sensitive skin.
I’m on day 3 now after the treatment and the bumps have gone. There’s a bit of swelling/ small bruise but it’s healing well & gone down loads.
I need to have another 2 sessions & hopefully I will see a difference in my under eye area.

Reactions: 3
Polynucleotides
I have my first treatment for under eye fine lines and wrinkles.
I did have a a lot of small bumps underneath the skin. The treatment itself was a bit painful, more a nipping pain but bearable. It’s not the injections that hurt it’s the product itself that’s nippy apparently.
I was fairly red and I’ve bruised a little afterwards but that can happen.
I do have very sensitive skin.
I’m on day 3 now after the treatment and the bumps have gone. There’s a bit of swelling/ small bruise but it’s healing well & gone down loads.
I need to have another 2 sessions & hopefully I will see a difference in my under eye area.
Can I ask which brand they used? Really interested to hear how you get on as I am tempted by this treatment.

I had a really intense Microneedling treatment on Monday. My skin is still quite red and purging like crazy but hoping to have a nice glow soon 🤞🏻

It sounds obvious, but being well hydrated makes a difference to those fine lines on me.

Reactions: 2
Agreed, but theres only so much water I can consume before I have to admit I need professional intervention 🤣
Surface hydration can work wonders too, do you use your serum up to your eyes (I know they always say not to, but I’ve never had a problem with applying a glycerin based serum under my eyes, hyaluronic acid based ones can sting, Aveeno calm and restore is one) You can also try using your retinoid round your eyes, I also do this with zero issue but YMMV

Can I ask which brand they used? Really interested to hear how you get on as I am tempted by this treatment.

I had a really intense Microneedling treatment on Monday. My skin is still quite red and purging like crazy but hoping to have a nice glow soon 🤞🏻
Plinest is the product they used. Apparently it’s the better quality one. I’m around 10 days after I’ve had it done & my bruising is nearly gone. The bumps went down after 48 hours.
It can take a few weeks to see results but I think my under eye area looks slightly smoother already, after 10 days. I’m going to have another treatment in 3 weeks. I really want to try microneedling at some point too . I will let you know what my results are in a few weeks time 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Plinest is the product they used. Apparently it’s the better quality one. I’m around 10 days after I’ve had it done & my bruising is nearly gone. The bumps went down after 48 hours.
It can take a few weeks to see results but I think my under eye area looks slightly smoother already, after 10 days. I’m going to have another treatment in 3 weeks. I really want to try microneedling at some point too . I will let you know what my results are in a few weeks time 😀
Plinest is meant to be one of the best along with ameela. Fab you're already seeing good results.
I've had a few friends try lumi eyes but not been too impressed but it's way cheaper.
I am feeling quite glow-y after Microneedling and a scar I've got is much less prominent.

What do you think of this treatment?
It’s an injection of hyalaunic can’t spell into the face so not prophilo?

they are calling it a glow boost

Is this a waste of time
Just for hydration boost,

Attachments

What do you think of this treatment?
It’s an injection of hyalaunic can’t spell into the face so not prophilo?

they are calling it a glow boost

Is this a waste of time
Just for hydration boost,
I'd be interested to find out if it's actually a new treatment or just a small amount of filler? The filler used in my lips is hyaluronic