Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohh Angie's results with the Nira are really good, even before the end of her initial testing period.

Reactions: 1
@SoRelatable you asked on the last thread if anyone had any experience of the Nira device. Did you get one?

I didn't know anything about Nira at the time you posted but have now ordered one (not yet arrived) following a pretty glowing review by Angie HotandFlashy. Will report back.
I had been considering it for awhile and funny enough, to the surprise of no one on this thread, it was Angie's review that pushed me over the edge. Hehehehe.

It hasn't arrived yet. I ordered it (the smaller one as it fits my needs better) from CurrentBody so it shouldn't take too long. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: 2
@Aude and all, my order never shipped and got cancelled today citing stock issues. Did you get yours?
I haven't received it nor have I had the order cancelled.

After reading your post I went back through my email to see when it was supposed to have been delivered (I had a vague memory of it being a more than usually long delivery time). I found an email from CurrentBody the day after I'd ordered it saying there was 'a stock delay' and they'd be getting stock on 18 December and would ship it then. I hadn't read the email at the time - assumed it was just confirming the order. Maybe that 'delay' email is a prelude to cancelling my order altogether?

I'm thinking now about getting the other model. I did at the time hesitate between the two.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I haven't received it nor have I had the order cancelled.

After reading your post I went back through my email to see when it was supposed to have been delivered (I had a vague memory of it being a more than usually long delivery time). I found an email from CurrentBody the day after I'd ordered it saying there was 'a stock delay' and they'd be getting stock on 18 December and would ship it then. I hadn't read the email at the time - assumed it was just confirming the order. Maybe that 'delay' email is a prelude to cancelling my order altogether?

I'm thinking now about getting the other model. I did at the time hesitate between the two.
I went back to see if I had gotten a similar email. I didn't. I'll be away for the holidays so I'll leave it until the new year to try and purchase it again. Or maybe I should take this as a sign to use consistently the devices I already have before purchasing new ones. Hehehe.

• Haha
I went back to see if I had gotten a similar email. I didn't. I'll be away for the holidays so I'll leave it until the new year to try and purchase it again. Or maybe I should take this as a sign to use consistently the devices I already have before purchasing new ones. Hehehe.
I looked at the other model and advertised delivery isn't until end December.

I also looked around at other reviews of the Nira generally and they're pretty mixed - some positive but some saying it made no difference. So I'm feeling a bit indifferent about it now. If it arrives I will use it but I will return it - using their 60 day return policy - if it doesn't make a worthwhile difference.

I looked at the other model and advertised delivery isn't until end December.

I also looked around at other reviews of the Nira generally and they're pretty mixed - some positive but some saying it made no difference. So I'm feeling a bit indifferent about it now. If it arrives I will use it but I will return it - using their 60 day return policy - if it doesn't make a worthwhile difference.
They have a great RP, don't they? I'm quite curious about it still. I saw a few reviews on YT too. Some seem genuine others not so sure...

Looking forward to know how you get on.

My Foreo UFO2 finally got delivered! Took 2 weeks from ordering to delivery. I added all the freebies to my basket and received them all, which was nice. I wish the free toothbrush hadn't been pink, I took it in my hand luggage and felt like it looked like I was putting a vibrator through airport security 😅

I've used the UFO2 a couple of times so far and like it, I think I need to watch some review videos maybe, I'm not sure how much pressure I should be using.

Does everyone use a whole packet for just one treatment? I feel like there is enough to do my face twice, my chest and neck, and my hands. I've also been wondering whether I could make some rounds out of muslin to make reusable sheets for it! To use with what serum is the question. I didn't get all the mask options because so many have coconut oil and olive oil, and my skin does not enjoy them so didn't want to risk it, but that does mean I've missed out on the more moisturising options I think.

I definitely find it "easier" routine wise to use than my Nuface or LED mask. I hope I'm 2023 to get a routine using them all regularly....I got fatigued very quickly after ny Nuface and LED purchase. I do keep researching the LED panels and thinking oh they seem so much easier 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The brush was such a good buy - I've been using my NuFace every day now, turns out it really was such a deterrent to get gel all over my hands!

Weird question but does anyone have this issue with an IPL? I'm using the SmoothSkin and on my bikini line, I'm finding there's these tiny hairs that are growing back, but if I tweeze them out they come clean out with literally no resistance? I'm just wondering why they're still growing in even if it's just basically a tiny dot of a hair that comes out so easily, it's like they're just resting in my skin but ultimately they are still growing back. I haven't got this issue on my legs or anywhere else, will these hairs eventually stop growing in altogether?
I think that is just how the IPL works. It seems to destroy the root and so the hair changes how it grows till it stops growing. In my experience the bikini area reacts way different to the leg area. It seems to take a lot longer to work.
It has been a few weeks since you asked so has there been any change yet?

I think that is just how the IPL works. It seems to destroy the root and so the hair changes how it grows till it stops growing. In my experience the bikini area reacts way different to the leg area. It seems to take a lot longer to work.
It has been a few weeks since you asked so has there been any change yet?
It's weird because this hasn't happened to my legs at all! Although I have kind of given up on them as I wasn't seeing any results. The hairs on my bikini line are still kind of sitting loosely in the skin, but there are bigger bald patches now so I guess it's working...just looks a bit odd!

I think you just gotta keep going with it. I know they say it takes 8 weeks but I honestly didn't notice any difference till 12 weeks and it was all of a sudden then. Although that was on my legs & arms. Under arms & bikini area still haven't changed and I've had to stop bc it just way too cold now. I'll try again on those areas in spring time so hopefully there'll be result come summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think you just gotta keep going with it. I know they say it takes 8 weeks but I honestly didn't notice any difference till 12 weeks and it was all of a sudden then. Although that was on my legs & arms. Under arms & bikini area still haven't changed and I've had to stop bc it just way too cold now. I'll try again on those areas in spring time so hopefully there'll be result come summer.
I’m glad it’s not just me 😂🥶 I was going great guns but actually will need to wait until spring to sit around in a vest and shorts 😂

• Haha
Can I ask a potentially silly question please? Are LED masks aimed at line reducing rather than skin firming?
I’m looking for a good firming device rather than splurging on salon treatments. I had a gadget ages ago but found it time consuming and not very effective, and quickly got bored with it.
If the masks do the same thing, I’d be tempted to try one, since they seem easier to use.
Sorry to ask on here, I’ve read the PR blurb on many of these things and it’s just left me confused!

Re nuface, I'm on my third device (mini) and had been using it 5 days/week for the last three weeks and this morning it wouldn't turn on. I only charged it last week so it has a full battery. Has anyone else had issues and had multiple devices?? Are they known for dying on users?? Ridiculous.

Re nuface, I'm on my third device (mini) and had been using it 5 days/week for the last three weeks and this morning it wouldn't turn on. I only charged it last week so it has a full battery. Has anyone else had issues and had multiple devices?? Are they known for dying on users?? Ridiculous.
Yep I had this with the mini and then my third one really made my teeth/face very affected so I think the current wasn’t the same and I didn’t get on with it.

Yep I had this with the mini and then my third one really made my teeth/face very affected so I think the current wasn’t the same and I didn’t get on with it.
Not great if devices don't last that long is it though? They're not cheap!