Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not great if devices don't last that long is it though? They're not cheap!
No, not awesome. I know it’s not super common though, sons posters have had theirs for ages and I am not sure it’s an issue with the big ones. I am thinking that it may also be why they have remodelled and re released a new mini?

It was effective for me though, I just lost patience with how inconsistent it was. I have the little fix, which sits nicely for me in the middle of my other devices. I don’t miss the nuface much tbh.

Reactions: 1
No, not awesome. I know it’s not super common though, sons posters have had theirs for ages and I am not sure it’s an issue with the big ones. I am thinking that it may also be why they have remodelled and re released a new mini?

It was effective for me though, I just lost patience with how inconsistent it was. I have the little fix, which sits nicely for me in the middle of my other devices. I don’t miss the nuface much tbh.
Thanks I've sent an email to look fantastic asking for a replacement. I really rate it and am enjoying using it. Would be ideal if they sent me the new version but I think that's highly unlikely 😂

Maybe I'm using mine too rarely! Do you use your devices regularly?
I used to use them every day ( could do both sides of face at one time!) but since having covid in the summer I've not been as good at using them regularly. I did used to keep them constantly charging and wondered if that wasn't good for them, but doesn't seem to have affected them.

Can I ask a potentially silly question please? Are LED masks aimed at line reducing rather than skin firming?
I’m looking for a good firming device rather than splurging on salon treatments. I had a gadget ages ago but found it time consuming and not very effective, and quickly got bored with it.
If the masks do the same thing, I’d be tempted to try one, since they seem easier to use.
Sorry to ask on here, I’ve read the PR blurb on many of these things and it’s just left me confused!

This is my understanding- an LED mask is aimed at wrinkles/ texture rather than firming, it's not going to firm up a slack jawline or anything. However, they do stimulate collagen production so they will indirectly help with skin firming in the long run although it won't cure existing slackness IYSWIM. If that's your concern though you're best off getting a device that's aimed at that like microcurrent or a radiofrequency device

I can't recommend the Nuface enoigh but it does need to be used almost daily to work. If you find devices time consuming I'd recommend the Sensilift or Sensilift Mini. It's a longer treatment than a Nuface/ microcurrent but you only need to do it once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month thereafter so one long session might be better suited to you than daily sessions

Mod edit fixing typo as requested

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6
I volunteer as tribute with the Luna Body; Black Friday/Christmas gift to myself just arrived so I'll start using tomorrow and report back!

I'm a big Foreo fan overall and was intending to upgrade to the latest facial version in the sales buuut the new gadget won out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Re nuface, I'm on my third device (mini) and had been using it 5 days/week for the last three weeks and this morning it wouldn't turn on. I only charged it last week so it has a full battery. Has anyone else had issues and had multiple devices?? Are they known for dying on users?? Ridiculous.
My first NuFace Mini stopped working after two years. Even though it was slightly out of guarantee, CurrentBody replaced it. My replacement NuFace Mini is still going strong - touch wood - after three years. I think that's pretty good going. I use it around every other day.

Given the price, I wouldn't buy a device that didn't have a reasonable length guarantee.

This is my understanding- an LED mask is aimed at wrinkles/ texture rather than firming, it's not going to firm up a slack jawline or anything. However, they do stimulate collagen production so they will indirectly help with skin firming in the long run although it won't cure existing slackness IYSWIM. If that's your concern though you're best off getting a device that's aimed at that like microcurrent or a radiofrequency device

I can't recommend the Nuface enoigh but it does need to be used almost daily to work. If you find devices time consuming I'd recommend the Sensilift or Sensilift Mini. It's a longer treatment than a Nuface/ microcurrent but you only need to do it once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month thereafter so one long session might be better suited to you than daily sessions

Mod edit fixing typo as requested
I second this about LED and Nuface.

I don't have much experience of Sensilift (even though I've had one for for several years I've never got into the habit of using it regularly).

Reactions: 3
I volunteer as tribute with the Luna Body; Black Friday/Christmas gift to myself just arrived so I'll start using tomorrow and report back!

I'm a big Foreo fan overall and was intending to upgrade to the latest facial version in the sales buuut the new gadget won out.
Excited to hear what you think of it! I'm really tempted by it now. Honestly, this thread should be getting commission/using affiliate links at this rate....

• Heart
Reactions: 4

How did you get on with this?

How did you get on with this?
I was going to post a weekly progress report as I go along, but so far, so fab tbh. It's very much like the facial devices so I originally thought I might have preferred something slightly bigger but it fits neatly in your hand whereas a larger model would be clunky to keep hold of in the shower. It's even got a funky wrist strap to make sure you don't drop it!

I used to create massive heaps of foamy bubbles with one of those puffs but that stopped when I switched to a silicone mitt and this is the same; it won't result in mounds of soapy suds although it's clearly doing as good if not better a job of cleansing.

My skin already feels softer and smoother on the bits I'd call problem areas, like my poor dry and frequently abused knees, and I genuinely think it began preventing ingrown hairs from just a few days in which is pretty amazing.

It's a bit early to see any benefits from the massage effects but so far I'm really glad I bought it, it's been gentle on my winter skin, not irritated healing abrasions despite me forgetting about them, and leaves you squeaky clean and absorbing post shower treatments far more effectively!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was going to add an apology to your bank balances, hopefully there'll be big discounts over Christmas! The Foreo site/app usually has bundle deals and freebies, and if any of your friends/family are in the emergency services then hit them up for a Bluelight Card discount on Look Fantastic or Cult Beauty, it's 20% ish.

I will update with any other relevant details/progress before Christmas!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I haven't received it nor have I had the order cancelled.

After reading your post I went back through my email to see when it was supposed to have been delivered (I had a vague memory of it being a more than usually long delivery time). I found an email from CurrentBody the day after I'd ordered it saying there was 'a stock delay' and they'd be getting stock on 18 December and would ship it then. I hadn't read the email at the time - assumed it was just confirming the order. Maybe that 'delay' email is a prelude to cancelling my order altogether?

I'm thinking now about getting the other model. I did at the time hesitate between the two.
@SoRelatable I got an email from CurrentBody saying Nira stock not now expected until late December. I'll have completely lost interest by the time it arrives (if ever). They've given me a 10% off my next purchase code in compensation for the delay.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
@Aude Thank you so much for the update. That's a bit disappointing, isn it? I hope you do get it soon.

I'm still likely to purchase it once I'm back home, if available... Unless some other shiny new toy appears on the market. Hehehe.

Reactions: 2
The Nira arrived today. Surprisingly. Only got a notification that it had been shipped yesterday. Will report back.
Glad it got there in the end. I'm still quite curious about it. Thank you and I hope it lives up to the expectations.

Reactions: 2