Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t touched my microcurrent device since someone here mentioned a thyroid interaction. It sounds terrifying:

The patient used it once only, for less than five minutes, and only on the face (not neck) and it caused severe thyroid problems? These rare reactions do seem to happen - thinking of the small number of people who had a severe adverse reaction to a Covid vaccine.

It doesn't put me off using my Nuface - which I've used for 4 or 5 years - anymore than I was put off getting a Covid vaccine because of the tiny risk of an adverse reaction.

Reactions: 10
That’s fine! Different people have different appetites for risk. Personally, I don’t take risks.

Reactions: 3
That’s fine! Different people have different appetites for risk. Personally, I don’t take risks.
Yes, absolutely. Probably every day we're weighing up risks and deciding which ones to take and which to avoid.

Reactions: 6
Is there an age limit for the led masks? I’m thinking maybe if I got the one with the different coloured lights I could share it with my teen. She is having a lot of breakouts

Is there an age limit for the led masks? I’m thinking maybe if I got the one with the different coloured lights I could share it with my teen. She is having a lot of breakouts
I'd have thought it was fine for teens but probably best to get more expert advice. CurrentBody should be able to advise. Or Alice Hart-Davis's website - The Tweakments Guide - has the facility to ask question about this sort of thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'd have thought it was fine for teens but probably best to get more expert advice. CurrentBody should be able to advise. Or Alice Hart-Davis's website - The Tweakments Guide - has the facility to ask question about this sort of thing.
Thank you. I will check them out

Anyone ever get ready in the morning and think they look fine then they get to the bathrooms in work and you can see every pore 🫣☹

I’m pretty sure I’m going to back to try IPL. I love freckles in theory but I feel like they’re making my face look textured and unclean especially on my cheeks.

Reactions: 2
Anyone ever get ready in the morning and think they look fine then they get to the bathrooms in work and you can see every pore 🫣☹

I’m pretty sure I’m going to back to try IPL. I love freckles in theory but I feel like they’re making my face look textured and unclean especially on my cheeks.
Work/public bathroom lighting is always so glaring and unflattering! The worst.

Reactions: 4

Bathroom lighting in work places seems to be designed to deliberately make you look terrible. It’s as if bosses think that, were they to use flattering lighting, that you’d just spend all day in there admiring yourself rather than doing real work!

I love my freckles but each to their own. There are a couple of serums that help reduce freckles. Maybe tranexamic acid? I could be wrong though!

I’m 4 x sensica treatments in and just under 2 weeks of nuface fix. There’s a definite improvement in the texture of my overall skin (I religiously do a light peeling mask once a week and a moisture one right after, vit c am, retinol pm and sporadic gua sha). My eyes and forehead look the most improved, which is what I was after, however my naso labial area is also a bit better looking - not as marked a difference as the upper bit of the beef visage.

I would say you’d be disappointed in the fix if you were a regular bigger nuface user, but I’m happy with it while I’m fitting in weekly sensica. The sensica is making such a difference that I would definitely invest in another radio frequency device in future.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m 4 x sensica treatments in and just under 2 weeks of nuface fix. There’s a definite improvement in the texture of my overall skin (I religiously do a light peeling mask once a week and a moisture one right after, vit c am, retinol pm and sporadic gua sha). My eyes and forehead look the most improved, which is what I was after, however my naso labial area is also a bit better looking - not as marked a difference as the upper bit of the beef visage.

I would say you’d be disappointed in the fix if you were a regular bigger nuface user, but I’m happy with it while I’m fitting in weekly sensica. The sensica is making such a difference that I would definitely invest in another radio frequency device in future.
Thanks for the review Grizzly! I'm planning on buying a RF in the upcoming sales so it's good to know you're finding the Sensica is making a difference.

Is this the one you have Grizz? Tempted to put it on my Christmas list.

Is this the one you have Grizz? Tempted to put it on my Christmas list.

So I only have the mini! But I’m so happy with it that I would buy the full one. @SqualorVictoria i think has both? I think after a similar “this is great, this” mini experience.

@mindlessness defo go for it! I will say you don’t get that bang for your buck instant gratification that you get with a big nuface, but I took pictures and the difference is striking

After having a good read i’m going to got for the NuFace Mini and the Current Body LED mask.

The Nuface was on offer for 40% but has now gone back to 30%off (arggh!).

Is the Current Body LED mask ever on offer?

Should I wait for Black Friday/ Jan sales?

Thanks for all the reviews and advice!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
After having a good read i’m going to got for the NuFace Mini and the Current Body LED mask.

The Nuface was on offer for 40% but has now gone back to 30%off (arggh!).

Is the Current Body LED mask ever on offer?

Should I wait for Black Friday/ Jan sales?

Thanks for all the reviews and advice!
Current Body has just started it's BF sales. BFEARLY5 will give you an extra 5% off the prices too (Got an email this morning)

It's in a bundle on sale here: https://www.currentbody.com/products/currentbody-skin-the-oh-my-glow-collection But doesn't look like its on sale on its own (yet?)

• Heart
Thank you for the code!

Yes I noticed the bundle. I wondered if it was ever on offer on its own?

So excited to start using them both!
I swear I've seen it on sale before! So part of me wonders if you could wait and see if a deal pops up over the next few months?

• Heart
I just looked back through my emails to see what discount I had when I bought my LED mask from CurrentBody (in Jan 2020). Looks like it was a 15% discount although the full price was higher then: £295 - £46 = £249. That I bought it in January suggests that there was a better deal then than at this time of year.

Going back through my CurrentBody emails I saw that I'd bought my NuFace Mini 6 years ago. Hadn't realised I'd been using it for so long.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.