Beyond Skincare #3 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have an update on the Lumea!

I did 5 treatments over the course of 10 weeks then when I was staying with my family caught covid and missed the 6th. I am now 2 weeks past when I should’ve done it and the last time I shaved other than my armpits was 4 weeks ago. I’ll pick it up again soon. Recap is im very pale with some mousy and some dark body hair..

Re-growth report as follows

Legs: on my calves there is significant reduction. Wherever it’s a tight area eg creases, or hard and uneven such as around my knees, the reduction hasn’t been as noticeable. The hair that is left is fully grown. I would still class the hair as noticeable
On my thighs the hair seems fairer and thinner, to the point I could possibly get away with not shaving them which I never would’ve been able to before
Dark hair
Armpits: honestly not much difference other than it slowing down, and it’s speeding up again now
Other dark hair: the individual strands seem paler and thinner and more sparsely spaced. It seems to have permanently got a good deal of it around my bikini line

The overall takeaway is that I think it depends a lot on how easy it is to get the device flush with the skin. It is very good for fleshy areas hahaha. I would say that if you’ve got mousy hair that looks blonde in the light, it’s still worth it.

It also keeps overheating and so I have to stop it for a bit which is really annoying and prolongs it. I have got an older model though.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you for the code!

Yes I noticed the bundle. I wondered if it was ever on offer on its own?

So excited to start using them both!
I bought mine in August when it was a QVC TSV. It was £199 plus postage.
It’s gone up £25 since then so no idea if it is still a good deal.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not sure if this has been posted but Foreo are doing the UFO for £99 and UFO 2 for £124 with free UK delivery, plus an extra 10% discount with the code "ADD10" - that seems like a bargain to me, the UFO 2 comes in at £99 with the 10% code (10% is taken off the original price of £249). Haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else yet. I already have the UFO but gonna pick up the 2 as a gift for my mum.

Just added it to my basket and there's also a free gift at checkout. I've chosen the toothbrush!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
@call.me.coco
There is a 25% discount code (PENNLED) on this article. The sets seems to be roughly the same price as the mask alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone use a microdermabrasion or microneedling tool? I'm thinking about getting the CurrentBody Mini Microderm as it's only £50 so if it's crap I won't be too bothered

Reactions: 1
Not sure if this has been posted but Foreo are doing the UFO for £99 and UFO 2 for £124 with free UK delivery, plus an extra 10% discount with the code "ADD10" - that seems like a bargain to me, the UFO 2 comes in at £99 with the 10% code (10% is taken off the original price of £249). Haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else yet. I already have the UFO but gonna pick up the 2 as a gift for my mum.

Just added it to my basket and there's also a free gift at checkout. I've chosen the toothbrush!

Thank you so much I may finally give this a go, it sounds an amazing bargain! Are you getting any masks to go with it?! Any recommendations for masks?

Thank you so much I may finally give this a go, it sounds an amazing bargain! Are you getting any masks to go with it?! Any recommendations for masks?
I've tried most of the masks and I think most of them are pretty good so it's worth picking up a couple and trying them out. Green tea and cannabis oil are good for my skin, its easily irritated and I've never had an issue with these masks. Coconut oil and Bulgarian rose I found a bit too heavy, they'd probably be more suited to someone with drier skin.

Yes, I have dry & dehydrated skin, and I really like the rose one and the açai berry one. The coconut one is lovely but I think it gives me spots. (Coconut products tend to, so it might just be me.)

Reactions: 4
Yes, I have dry & dehydrated skin, and I really like the rose one and the açai berry one. The coconut one is lovely but I think it gives me spots. (Coconut products tend to, so it might just be me.)
Coconut oil is highly comedogenic! Even my dry skin can't hack it - I get spotty with it, even do with olive oil and that's only a 2 on the scale while coconut oil is a 4 (https://www.herbaldynamicsbeauty.co...ng-the-comedogenic-scale-for-oils-and-butters is my go-to reference).

Thanks very much @Platformcrocs and @rosemarina ! I've been having a rubbish few months, nice to have something to be excited about!

• Heart
@call.me.coco
There is a 25% discount code (PENNLED) on this article. The sets seems to be roughly the same price as the mask alone.
Thank you for this! I have taken the LED plunge! Best they look to have offered is 15% off so I’m happy with this saving ❤ the QVC is a good deal as well but I don’t think I need the extras what with my literal mountain of things to rub on my face

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hate that Lookfantastic have unreal deals on the Nuface Trinity. You can get the gel, the trinity and the ELE attachment for €320 plus you can use a discount code to get an extra 5% off.... damn them!! They gave me a €40 voucher after the whole advent calendar debacle....
I'm still not gonna buy it off them but it's so tempting!!!

@call.me.coco
Thank you SO much!!! ❤
It’s down to £209 (from £279)
I’m going to order! So excited to try the LED mask and Nuface Mini!!

The code PENNLED also worked on the Hydrogel Masks! Down to £26 from £35 for the pack of 5.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I hate that Lookfantastic have unreal deals on the Nuface Trinity. You can get the gel, the trinity and the ELE attachment for €320 plus you can use a discount code to get an extra 5% off.... damn them!! They gave me a €40 voucher after the whole advent calendar debacle....
I'm still not gonna buy it off them but it's so tempting!!!
Is this any good to you? I don't know if you'd be subject to import duties though- all I saw was that the price is about the same when converted.

• Heart
I really like the look of the brush that NuFace are doing now with the gel but I use a cheap Amazon one and it seems you can’t buy just the brush - has anyone found something similar? I hate getting the gel all over my hands, wish they’d done that when I got mine

Can anyone recommend a shampoo for greasy hair please?

I go through phases but the last few months I shower in the morning and by 3pm my hair is greasy! It's fine hair but I'm 30+ so should have grown out of it by now!!
Do you use a clear shampoo rather than a creamy one? This has made a huge difference for me!

I really like the look of the brush that NuFace are doing now with the gel but I use a cheap Amazon one and it seems you can’t buy just the brush - has anyone found something similar? I hate getting the gel all over my hands, wish they’d done that when I got mine

Do you use a clear shampoo rather than a creamy one? This has made a huge difference for me!
Is it like a silicone brush or bristles? Agree I hate the gel over my hands and a normal face mask brush soaks it up. I really like the metal ball applicators on some of the Rf gel tubes, so mess free!

I like my elf one for masks, might work? - think I got it in a kit sometime a while ago but I always use it for applying masks now and it's dead easy to clean https://www.elfcosmetics.co.uk/pore-refining-brush-and-mask-tool/57022.html

• Heart
I found it 🤦‍♀️

/[/URL]

Which one do you use that has a metal ball? I like the sound of that!
The sensica base gel has little metal massage ball applicator and it’s game changing lol
I like my elf one for masks, might work? - think I got it in a kit sometime a while ago but I always use it for applying masks now and it's dead easy to clean https://www.elfcosmetics.co.uk/pore-refining-brush-and-mask-tool/57022.html
Omg is this a spatula as well?! #influenced 😂😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.