Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still trying to use up a load of those free day and night ones some of us got with the very short date. They’re definitely not as good as the other ones in my opinion, but I hate waste 😀. (Also they’re over a month out of date now and still seem fine 👀. My face might fall off tomorrow, I guess.)
I like the day ones, they make my skin really glowy, although the Acai feels a lot more luxurious, but I won't bother with the night ones again. I don't use the UFO anywhere near as much as I thought I would actually, I think it might come into its own in the winter. I haven't even tried all of the masks yet.

Reactions: 3
Anyone with the SmoothSkin, when did you start seeing results? I've had it about 4 weeks now I think and I have to say I don't think there's a huge difference in my armpits, but I do shave them everyday so it's difficult to tell. Going to start some other areas soon.

Reactions: 1
Absolute waste of time. My skin is no different whatsoever to what it was before. I’m glad I won the treatment and didn’t pay.
I take it all back. My skin is honestly glowing now 😩 like people have been commenting how good my skin looks who don’t even know I’ve had anything done

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I take it all back. My skin is honestly glowing now 😩 like people have been commenting how good my skin looks who don’t even know I’ve had anything done
Please will you let us know how long it lasts for? Glad it was worth it in the end!

Anyone with the SmoothSkin, when did you start seeing results? I've had it about 4 weeks now I think and I have to say I don't think there's a huge difference in my armpits, but I do shave them everyday so it's difficult to tell. Going to start some other areas soon.
I used it on my lower legs and after about 4 sessions the hair was reduced to a couple of small patches so I stopped using it and just shaved these tiny areas. The growth has returned to normal now and all the hair is back, about 10 weeks after I stopped, so I need to get back on it.

I only used it around 4 times on my underarms and found it so painful and saw no difference.

About 6 weeks for me. I initially thought that it wasnt working but I just think that you have live through the life cycle of the hair.

You know, I think the full-sized NuFace has more welly to it than the mini.
I have both and I definitely think it does too however I've only got the full-sized two weeks ago.

Does anyone have the Iris? I'm tempted but...

PS - Hi everyone. I don't think I've ever posted on this thread but it has certainly influenced some of my purchases. Thank you all for sharing your experiences and advice. 😊

Reactions: 2
Has anyone had baby Botox? Would be interested to know if so, I don't think I need full Botox but I like the look of the effects of baby Botox. Just wondering if it's worth it or not as good as just going for normal Botox

Has anyone had baby Botox? Would be interested to know if so, I don't think I need full Botox but I like the look of the effects of baby Botox. Just wondering if it's worth it or not as good as just going for normal Botox
They are both the same thing - just less of it! I have had botox on and off for years and no one ever suspected as I always have movement in my face. Its great for the frown lines between your eyebrows and a slight lift to the eyebrows. I also have it in my crows feet - again so that there is some movement but less of the deep lines. I am 50 and so don't want the frozen face look as it would be too obvious. The person that I go to puts very little in and offers a top up or correction if I want more. She is also very honest with me about the results I expect to receive. I love it and its worth more to me than all the serums etc that I have spend £££ on over the years.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
They are both the same thing - just less of it! I have had botox on and off for years and no one ever suspected as I always have movement in my face. Its great for the frown lines between your eyebrows and a slight lift to the eyebrows. I also have it in my crows feet - again so that there is some movement but less of the deep lines. I am 50 and so don't want the frozen face look as it would be too obvious. The person that I go to puts very little in and offers a top up or correction if I want more. She is also very honest with me about the results I expect to receive. I love it and its worth more to me than all the serums etc that I have spend £££ on over the years.
I agree entirely. I think 'baby botox' is just a term used by some practitioners to make clients/potential clients feel better about having Botox - like they're not really having Botox, not really.

I've been having Botox regularly for 20 years and I think it's made a huge difference to how I look now (in my late 60s). Important obviously to choose a good practioner and explain what result you want to achieve.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Universal @Aude thanks both. I wasn’t 100% sure on the difference. I might go for it 👀 it’s definitely the prevention I’m looking for and some forehead lines. Is there anything you’d suggest looking out for or questions you’d ask a practitioner before deciding?

@Universal @Aude thanks both. I wasn’t 100% sure on the difference. I might go for it 👀 it’s definitely the prevention I’m looking for and some forehead lines. Is there anything you’d suggest looking out for or questions you’d ask a practitioner before deciding?
I chose a nurse who had been practicing for 20+ years in this field. She had a portfolio of her work and offered a free consultation. Once I did go to a dentist with not that much botox experience and I looked a bit like Dr Spock with very high eyebrows for a while! Chose someone who has a a clinic or practice rooms and not the backroom of a hairdresser. I would also ask for a subtle look with the option of a top up if you wanted more of an effect (with no extra cost).
It takes about 10 days to work on me and at first I always think nothing is happening. I have hooded eyes and like the lift it gives them as I think that they age me.
In the past I have had it in my chin as it is dimpled and crinkly and I loved the outcome. It was a more streamlined jaw ( I did have some filler in there too).
No one has ever asked me or assumed I have it as its so subtle. I wouldn't say this in real life as it sounds so vain but most people do assume I am in my early 40s - I have looked after my skin but nothing has the same impact as a bit of botox!

If you can ask for a recommendation - this might be difficult as so many people who have it done well dont tell anyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@SoRelatable I've been using the Iris for about 5 years. I go through bursts of using it and then get lazy. It's really good and definitely does make a difference as well as feeling nice. I just have so many devices that I can't use all of them every day! But yeah, I've had it so long and it's still going so it's pretty much paid for itself now.

I'd say be clear about what sort of result you want as regards eyebrows. Some people seem to want their eyebrows lifted - either overall or just at the outer edge - and if you don't tell the practitioner what you want they may make an assumption about what you want. I always tell the practitioner that I don't want my eyebrows to look lifted at all.

As well as in my forehead, between the eyebrows (the glabella area) and crows feet, I have Botox in my chin and under the jaw. With me, I begin to see the effects within 2 or 3 days.

I've been to about eight different practitioners over the years - all doctors and all based in Harley Street or thereabouts (apart from one in Mayfair). All have been happy to do a retouch (at no extra charge) if needed after two weeks or so.

Although I've only ever been to doctors, I wouldn't rule out an experienced/recommended nurse or dentist. The main thing, as @Universal says, is that they have an established practice.

I'd also mention that, even with a good practitioner, you can get a bruise from a Botox injection. Any bruise is likely to be very small, but I wouldn't have Botox within a week of wanting to look my best.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The longer I spend in lockdown the more tempted I am to go see a Dr for some 'tweakments' when it ends (but also, am very glad for all my devices! They at the very least provide activities for me to do :LOL: and do make a little bit of a difference)

@SoRelatable I've been using the Iris for about 5 years. I go through bursts of using it and then get lazy. It's really good and definitely does make a difference as well as feeling nice. I just have so many devices that I can't use all of them every day! But yeah, I've had it so long and it's still going so it's pretty much paid for itself now.
Thank you @SqualorVictoria! Great to hear from someone who has been using it for so long. I have a few devices myself and try to get the best out of them however like you said laziness sets in sometimes.

Only very recently I started waking up with puffy eyes (I'm 45) and it's not my best look. 😂
I have the Fix so I'm probably covered but the Iris looks like a fun device to use and it seems to be on sale just about anywhere.

In case anyone happens to have both, how do you rate them? Thank you in advance!

I have both and they're very different! The fix is microcurrent and a temporary line eraser. The Iris is a massager and it makes your creams work harder.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.