Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Thanks to @Aude for the title!

All talk of devices and anything else beyond skincare. Continuing on from this brilliant thread:

@prinnygrace hope your Lumea arrived!

Reactions: 7

MinnnieMouse

The UFO has made a HUGE difference to my skin. I love it. I used a rose mask last night in preparation for an after school garden party today and my skin looked great despite the fact I'd been up approximately 15 times in the night dealing with little people's various ailments. I am so tempted by the NuFace... is it worth it? I'm 38 and sick of my forehead wrinkles (just got a humongous fringe cut in so that's less of a concern now :ROFLMAO: ) It really shocked me how much the UFO actually improved my skin tone, hydration, red marks etc when I'd spent loads of money on skincare that claimed to do the same but actually did relatively little. I'm all aboard the skincare gadget train now.
🚂 Choo choo!
I have only had a NuFace for a couple of weeks and I do think the lines on my forehead are softer than before...however, I have been very lucky wrinkle wise and they weren't terrible anyway. I know that's not really enough time using it to be a decent review BUT I've used it every evening and every morning I have woken up and thought my skin looks glowy and smooth like I've had a really good night's sleep even when I haven't particularly so I'd recommend it on that alone. I'm very tempted to get the NuFace Fix next for around the eyes...would love to hear what people think of it if anyone has one and I'm with you on the gadget train 😂

turkeydinosaurs

Okay so. The vampire facial or PRP facial. Had it done this evening. Numbing cream was applied beforehand.
Blood was taken from my arm and then put into a machine. Which was then put in to the micro needle thing.
It hurt a bit, not to the point I asked her to stop but could definitely feel it being done! More uncomfortable than anything.
My skin was bright red straight after and it will be like this for upto several days apparently.
At the moment it hurts. It’s tight and it’s red, think like a sunburn pain.
Will report back in the next few days with the healing process.

• Wow

mindlessness

VIP Member
I bit the bullet and got the Currentbody LED mask and the Nuface mini along with a Smoothskin bare 😅

Hopefully in a couple of weeks my face will be radiant and my body hair free! Now I just need to look into all the skincare recommendations 😁
Yay! I hope you enjoy them. I co-sign all the advice the others have given too. The only thing I would add is to take things slow - no need to throw out all the Clarins if they’re still decent for you. Just maybe look to change things if you feel like it when they run out? I bet you’ll notice a difference from the nuface and LED within a few weeks without any product changes too (I did!)

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Did you get this resolved?
Yes! Hermes admitted that they had lost my parcel and CurrentBody sent me a replacement Sunday which arrived yesterday! I’m away for the week so looking forward to trying it and seeing what I think of it!

• Heart

Libertine1975

VIP Member
How are you getting on with the Sensilift?
I did the initial eight weeks and I'm now into using it monthly. My skin always feels amazingly soft after using it and for a few days after.

I can't say I've noticed any big changes in my skin overall but I only had a few very fine lines to start with as I'm only in my early/mid 30s.

With the mini itself the cable is a little lose when you plug it in and inworry that it will fall out (it hasn't yet). I have accidently turned the device off a couple of times when using it as the button is touch sensitive. You are using it properly (both sensors are touching the skin) when the green light comes on but you need a mirror to check this which is difficult.

I think like the NuFace it is something which works as prevention and you will probably see more dramatic results if you are a bit older.

The gel you use with the device is thick and takes a long time to dry on the skin ( I find the NuFace one can dry down quickly). That said you definitely need to wash it off. I like using the device, washing the gel off and going into a UFO mask.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I’m having a consultation today regarding the possibility of fraxel treatments and also removing a skin tag I have near my eye. I shall report back!

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Hello and welcome!

I would look at it from the point of view of if your skin is already good it's a great way to maintain it. For me it's been life changing. It's just so lovely to use, I love how there's a wealth of masks to choose from and you can choose based on your needs, the lights and the warming or cooling sensation feel amazing. And it doesn't need to be used every day, twice a week is usually enough

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I'm now sitting with rice water on my hair after watching a YouTube video by Dr Shereene Idris yesterday!

My Foreo sheet masks are due to arrive today

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I have a collagen powder to put in coffee but I always forget, so can’t say I’ve seen any results!

I’m not sure if the research on ingesting collagen is that strong, really? I think it’s probably a nice add-on but not something to prioritise. That Beauty Pie review sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I’ve had my Light Salon LED mask for three weeks now and I think it’s making me look a bit more glowy and healthy. Still loving my UFO for a treatment, and still working my way through masks. Youth Junkie is definitely still my favourite.

The other day I basically spent about 2 hours crying (a very close family member has terminal cancer) and a mixture of clean spoons kept in the freezer to depuff my eyes and the UFO with the hydrating mask on the cold setting improved my puffy, blotchy face so much, so quickly.

• Sad

Gembo

VIP Member
Yep I had the Lumea but I found it really heavy and slow, did get results from it but I just couldn’t be bothered with the effort so it sat in its box. Love the Smoothskin Pure it’s a lot quicker and I’ve had fantastic results from it!

Aude

VIP Member
Bit late now but I'm almost forty. I've always had a good skincare regime, and started using anti ageing products from about 30. I probably wouldn't have been as religious about the gadgets as I am now when I was in my early thirties. People have always complemented me on my skin, and whilst I definitely think the attention I pay helps, I do think it is partly genetic as my both sets of grandparents looked younger than they were, as do my parents. I've had botox in the past, and I will again in the future, although with my current Nuface/LED mask routine, I actually don't feel the need right now. I'd really like to get a blepharoplasty done at some point and am starting to research surgeons.
Olivia Falcon - on Instagram as Theeditorslist - recently had a blepharoplasty and did a diary on IG about it (still on her IG). Her surgeon, Naresh Joshi, looks like someone worth considering. Her diary follows what it was like immediately afterwards, the following days etc. The results looked great.

I wonder if anyone would indulge me, as I know I should read the whole of both threads. Could anyone say what the consensus for the best device for improving the appearance of jowls would be please?
In terms of devices, the main one that I think can help a bit with jowls is the NuFace (or other micro-current device). It works by stimulating the muscles to firm the face a little. I wouldn't say results were dramatic but I do find it worth using. Have to use it really consistently.

There are also radio-frequency home-use devices (e.g. Newa, Sensilift) which claim to tighten skin but I've no personal experience of those.

Alice Hart-Davis's website - thetweakmentsguide.com - has a video and fact sheet about options for improving the appearance of jowls.

Last edited:
  • Heart

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Facial sunscreen recommendation needed. I bought Vichay 50spf dry touch but it is making my face incredibly oily.
I used Avene before which was fine but I really wanted something premium for the skin
Not premium but I love La Roche Posay anthelios spf!
My favourite which I guess is premium, is the Elizabeth Arden prevage city smart spf 50. It’s stunning and has a lovely tint and glow to it

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I was using my UFO 2 earlier and noticed a sheet mask section in the app that I hadn't seen before. Clicked on it and it looks like there is a new sheet mask (available in coconut, manuka honey and others too). There is nothing about these on the website so I asked on live chat and they said as far as they are aware no product exists and I should fill in a contact form. If these full face sheet masks become available I will definitely buy some!

Attachments

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Foreo have that 20% off this weekend, which is a pretty good deal, if you want to get a couple of packs
Thanks,I’ll have a look .

I’ve ordered from Skin City , where I picked up the UFO. I’m really looking forward to using it , like a kid wanting a new toy 😁😁. I’ll need an hour before bed for all the work… Nuface , Foreo , Korean green mitt in the shower😂😂 ( couldn’t sit in a hot bath long enough ,as recommended, to soften the skin but they’re abrasive enough to give a good exfoliating in a shower.

• Heart

Venlicon

Chatty Member
Arggh, Hermes have delivered my ufo masks to the wrong house. There’s proof of delivery and it looks like they’ve been left in someone’s recycling bin!!

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I've been a bit bold, have been enjoying the Tripollar pose so on the back of that I ordered the Sensilift Mini (also inspired by @Libertine1975 ). It was between that and the Tripollar stop, I went for the Sensilift because it only needs to be used once a week!

The UFO has made a HUGE difference to my skin. I love it. I used a rose mask last night in preparation for an after school garden party today and my skin looked great despite the fact I'd been up approximately 15 times in the night dealing with little people's various ailments. I am so tempted by the NuFace... is it worth it? I'm 38 and sick of my forehead wrinkles (just got a humongous fringe cut in so that's less of a concern now :ROFLMAO: ) It really shocked me how much the UFO actually improved my skin tone, hydration, red marks etc when I'd spent loads of money on skincare that claimed to do the same but actually did relatively little. I'm all aboard the skincare gadget train now.
🚂 Choo choo!
So glad the UFO is working out for you! When I run out of skincare I'm no longer replacing them with expensive options, am slowly making the switch to all budget or pharmacy as it's the devices that make the difference. Would much rather spend money on the UFO masks

@rosemarina once you get back into the nuface it's easier to stick with it!

It is definitely not as fun as the UFO but IMO it's worth it

Venlicon

Chatty Member
I’ve taken advantage of the current body deal and ordered some more masks. I’ve not tried the coconut or manuka honey so got them. Also stocked up on the Açai masks as they are my fave!
I’ve changed it up a bit how I use my ufo. I use the mask on the selected one, then I go to the settings, pick a colour and then repeat using a cool setting. Once I’ve done my face, I do my neck and décolletage with either the deep cleanse or anti aging. This way I use all the liquid in the sachet

• Heart