Best Life & Beyond #97 Apologies abound, viewership is down, Serf's a scab clown and KT is still round

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i've got way too much time on my hands tonight

my search shows that the (hideous) 10 unit building on 20710 PCH is owned by a "hendler family properties" since 1997. a deeper search into the company shows a kari hendler as the main contact

interestingly, my search for "kari hendler" brings up an IMDB page in which she is credited as working as a script supervisor on a number of TV shows, with the last credit being from 2019. a couple articles mentioning her also came up and reading them, it sounds like she has retired from her TV gig. i'm not sure what spencer's mom's name is, or else i would compare their IMDB pages to see if they ever worked on a show together. i did the same with her page and spencer's and there did not appear to be any instances of them working together

so whether it's spencer or his mom on the lease (or both,) it's probably safe to assume that they are getting a sweet deal on that apartment based off their likely hollywood connection with ms. hendler
I appreciate your work into this! Wasn't conventional wisdom that the Malibu place is a rent-controlled unit? (Hence the sweet deal.)

Reactions: 16
Is there a reason that she is always holding the mic?? She looks ridiculous.
They transitioned from claiming to be a low-budget DIY channel without microphones to wielding microphones in Disneyland like field reporters.

IMG_2064.jpeg

“hi all, it’s corn chip Katie coming at you from the streets of main”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
i've got way too much time on my hands tonight

my search shows that the (hideous) 10 unit building on 20710 PCH is owned by a "hendler family properties" since 1997. a deeper search into the company shows a kari hendler as the main contact

interestingly, my search for "kari hendler" brings up an IMDB page in which she is credited as working as a script supervisor on a number of TV shows, with the last credit being from 2019. a couple articles mentioning her also came up and reading them, it sounds like she has retired from her TV gig. i'm not sure what spencer's mom's name is, or else i would compare their IMDB pages to see if they ever worked on a show together. i did the same with her page and spencer's and there did not appear to be any instances of them working together

so whether it's spencer or his mom on the lease (or both,) it's probably safe to assume that they are getting a sweet deal on that apartment based off their likely hollywood connection with ms. hendler
Thanks for your in depth research! I love slow work days. This is Spence's mum's IMDB:

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 1.09.12 PM.png

I'm not sure why people think the 20710 building has rent control. Last year, on March 7, Unit #1, a 700 sq ft one bedroom, was listed for rent at $3,550 monthly according to Zillow. All the units are the same size, so I'm imagining all the rents are similar.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Has she heard of a lint roller? She always has some sort of sh*t on her clothes or animal fuzz and she doesn’t even have any pets unless Dense counts. You can use all the filters you want KT but your back fat is showing.

View attachment 2597061
They can probably only afford to do limited laundry in the laundry room of the apartments….so towels and darks all go into together. They literally cannot do a single thing correctly

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Thanks for your in depth research! I love slow work days. This is Spence's mum's IMDB:

View attachment 2600650

I'm not sure why people think the 20710 building has rent control. Last year, on March 7, Unit #1, a 700 sq ft one bedroom, was listed for rent at $3,550 monthly according to Zillow. All the units are the same size, so I'm imagining all the rents are similar.
correct. malibu does not currently have any rent control laws that would apply to apartments. and $3,550 isn't too crazy at all considering the location, even though the building itself looks very much outdated from the outside. if that unit was for rent at that price, then i'm only assuming that their rent isn't too crazy either. unless spencer and/or his mom came up on some sort of inheritance years ago, there can't be much money to go around in that family anyways

Reactions: 11
No wonder they have no friends and are the laughing stock of the Disney community:
1701304483024.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
correct. malibu does not currently have any rent control laws that would apply to apartments. and $3,550 isn't too crazy at all considering the location, even though the building itself looks very much outdated from the outside. if that unit was for rent at that price, then i'm only assuming that their rent isn't too crazy either. unless spencer and/or his mom came up on some sort of inheritance years ago, there can't be much money to go around in that family anyways
California has statewide rent control, which went into effect in 2019. Still, that landlord can probably legally raise the rent like 8-10% a year. $3,500 is not out of line for that dump. I’m not sure that’s how much the mother is paying for Malibu Spency’s Wet Dream Condo Apartment. It probably is something obscene and ridiculous like that.

I thought Spin-Sir himself had said something about rent control and he gets some woo-hoo hot deal on that place. WTF would pay so much to live there? And nearly as much to take up space in Irvine as well. Complete nonsense.

Obviously their “best life” is to pay $7,000 in after-tax income per month to rent two more residences than they actually need, with all the expenses, utilities, and accoutrements that go along with that sublime privilege. Gah.
---
Probably this new vehicle she drives is a lease too. They ain’t got tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.