Best Life & Beyond #9 Katie & Spencer: Mark Twain Aggression, Phony Depression, and Racial Oppression

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
kt next week: actually, im much more useful in the covid pandemic as a vlogger than a nurse !!

yeah...because she was probably a tit nurse who runs away from any real work
She really is an idiot! She is too selfish to be a nurse! Her life revolves around Disneyland and drama! She literally would crumble without those two things!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Katie reminding all the heroes (aka nurses), that vlogging is a lot harder than nursing!
You'd think she'd want to put something as important as a nurse on her Linkedin, strangely enough, it only says Dog Groomer.
Weird.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Katie reminding all the heroes (aka nurses), that vlogging is a lot harder than nursing!
OMG! I've been following these threads and catching up (reading since the first thread, you guys crack me up), but haven't felt the need to comment until now. My husband and myself, and several of our family members are nurses (ER, ICU, med surg, the works!). She clearly has NO IDEA what healthcare is like and clearly never worked as an LVN in any acute patient facing role. No way a nurse who has worked hospital/long term care would say this. Makes me so mad.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
witch STFU!!!! You know what though? I’m glad she’s not in healthcare as she has shown herself to be a selfish, selfish ass! The last thing patients need is Nurse Karen providing crappy care!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She was probably a CNA, realized she had to do some actual work and then quit.
If she was ever licensed in nursing it would show up on the CA State Nursing Board website...

Delinquent a term that can be used liberally in describing KT beyond just her Nursing License.

• Haha
Thanks Lalo!

Just found this from a google search:

What Happens If I Don't Renew My Nursing License?
Licenses that aren't renewed by the expiration date are considered delinquent. Delinquency means that there has been no communication from the nurse, and it has been left to expire. Working during this status is illegal. Without proper renewal, operating without an active nursing license can result in hefty fines, suspension, or probation. Practicing without valid nursing licensure can also result in legal disciplinary action.

If a nurse chooses not to renew, the license can be placed on inactive status. This results from communication from the nurse to the Board of Licensure. If you plan on stepping away from your nursing position and do not want to renew your license, you must notify the Board before your license expires. A nursing license might also be placed in an inactive status upon a nurse's retirement.

Delinquent Nursing License
Failing to renew your license, even by an oversight, can lead you to practicing without benefit of licensure (BON). The steps to get out of a delinquent status involve paying a hefty renewal fee, completing a reactivation application, passing a background check, and possibly completing continuing education courses. Contact the Board of Nursing office to receive information on the process of nursing license renewal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Oh, you just know that when it came to blood draws, KT was a digger. After watching her with the gingerbread house icing bag, I hate to think of her with a butterfly needle!
It took a while for me to get good at drawing blood and considering the length of her career she barely scratched the surface. I would be extremely FEARFUL of that situation. Can you imagine the anxiety she would have?

Reactions: 17
It took a while for me to get good at drawing blood and considering the length of her career she barely scratched the surface. I would be extremely FEARFUL of that situation. Can you imagine the anxiety she would have?
I get frequent labwork, and have had a few newbies. KT must have been terrifying!

Reactions: 12
I get frequent labwork, and have had a few newbies. KT must have been terrifying!
Same. You can tell when a person is new. Also a bruise forms in the area where the blood was drawn from. Well that's my experience when a newbie draws my blood. I don't ever want to come across a Katie phlebotomist! Yikes!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Vlogging is harder than nursing? She doesn’t even do the vlogging! Spencer films and edits! I can’t think of a single nursing job where you just sit there and eat while someone else does all the work.

I almost wonder if she never held a nursing job at all and that’s why it isn’t on her LinkedIn? That’s why she seems so clueless?

That said, even as a student nurse I saw how hard the nurses I shadowed were working. I saw nurses ”grind” harder than KT or Spencer ever have. My first day in the hospital as a student, I was sent to the trauma side of the emergency department. We had people whose entire bodies practically looked inside out… but yeah, stuffing a beignet in your mouth is harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.