Best Life & Beyond #18 Leaving the scene of a false accusation, the gluttonous pigs take a Vegas vacation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a reminder:

- Disneyland Security starting hourly pay: $14

- TSA Agent starting hourly pay at John Wayne Airport (14 Miles away from Disneyland): $20 + Federal Benefits

Both are now hiring. Unless you are a retiree or someone that doesn’t have to worry about the amount of money you make, why would you logically choose the career in your 30’s of being a Disneyland Security Guard (shoutout to Katie’s Security Guard at Disneyland Friends)?
You do get free park admission too, that’s a benefit worth hundreds of dollars

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just a reminder:

- Disneyland Security starting hourly pay: $14

- TSA Agent starting hourly pay at John Wayne Airport (14 Miles away from Disneyland): $20 + Federal Benefits

Both are now hiring. Unless you are a retiree or someone that doesn’t have to worry about the amount of money you make, why would you logically choose the career in your 30’s of being a Disneyland Security Guard (shoutout to Katie’s Security Guard at Disneyland Friends)?
I will add to the list...

- Average In-N-Out Burger associate hourly pay in California is approximately $17.14

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Do all of these dislikes hurt their ability to be seen throughout YT in peoples feeds?
It can. From what I've read, if people watched the whole video and gave it a thumbs down, YT will still consider that it held your attention and it won't have much of a negative impact. But I do believe the less time watched and the more thumbs down a video has, the less likely YT is to recommend that channel to viewers of similar content.

The ratio could make any companies they might reach out to for sponsorships apprehensive to work with them, and it will also scare away other vloggers from wanting to collab with them. Notice even their "good friends" the Brickster & Dylan have been decidedly quiet about the drama this last week, instead of coming to their pals defense.

Then there's the only thing that matters to BLAB....their egos. They can try to spin it and say, "hey, you're still watching". But most likely people aren't. They're just seeing the name and clicking the thumbs down and moving on.

Reactions: 27
Sadly the whole Columbia incident proves what I always thought that security would side with the vloggers if anybody harassed them in a theme park. I don't consider what the guy did harassment but sounds like he went on a tirade about them (BLAB) when he was interviewed by security.

Vlogging and live streaming are basically free advertising. That is why they don't shut it down. Most people paying a large amount of money to be in a theme park just ignore stuff like people talking into their phones or waving around cameras with large microphones.
Live streamers have the ability to turn off monetizing features (superchats, donations, etc) while streaming. The difference is when the intent is to stream to get money, not film quietly then edit later, two separate entities.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
How Much $ Does Best Life & Beyond Make on YouTube?

The above Money Matters Link from their YouTube video claims BLAB makes about $19.00 an hour after all deductions.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Live streamers have the ability to turn off monetizing features (superchats, donations, etc) while streaming. The difference is when the intent is to stream to get money, not film quietly then edit later, two separate entities.
Live streamers also have the ability to ignore or laugh off silly comments said around them instead of publicly accusing innocent families of serious violent crimes like assault and calling them names like “psycho” and “asshole” as they flag down Security in full Karen witch mode

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Recap of the latest Vegas vlog. Nothing happened. They ate burgers and waddled around. There’s so much to see and do in Vegas with even the smallest amount of planning. It’s obvious they filmed just enough to be able to write off their bar tab. Terrible video, even for them.

Reactions: 37
Recap of the latest Vegas vlog. Nothing happened. They ate burgers and waddled around. There’s so much to see and do in Vegas with even the smallest amount of planning. It’s obvious they filmed just enough to be able to write off their bar tab. Terrible video, even for them.
Now that u mention it I wonder if that’s the real motivation behind the channel now… doing it for the Tax write off. Eat anything you want and get all the produce you can from the farmers market bc it’s a write off.

all of the Vegas videos could have been titled “what we ate for the day”

• Heart
Reactions: 25
We need another gust of wind in our sails to raise more awareness about the Columbia incident and increase the pressure on Disneyland to create some new policies. We can’t let the buzz die.

Any other ideas?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That seems to be the typical BLAB routine. They do these "We have exciting things planned" videos where they hype up something and talk about how amazing it will be and it always turns out to be lackluster and underwhelming. The trip to Northern California, The WDW debacle, The Las Vegas cake hunt last year. All they ever end up doing wherever they go is walking down a street and eating, then eating again, then eating again.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
We need another gust of wind in our sails to raise more awareness about the Columbia incident and increase the pressure on Disneyland to create some new policies. We can’t let the buzz die.

Any other ideas?
We need people to go to the on site customer support in Disneyland and file formal complaints there. All our emails/petitions etc are going to go to a queue in the ether. On site complaints are what will be prioritized. Bonus points if BLAB is on site at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
KT has an hour-long window to get as much food as she can. She could fill an Olympic size swimming pool with food in that amount of time.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
KT has an hour-long window to get as much food as she can. She could fill an Olympic size swimming pool with food in that amount of time.
They are total pigs and act like kids.
If I go to a buffet like that, I would like to take my time and enjoy the meal the extra 30 mins you get with an early sitting makes a difference. How can you really have a good experience, if you bring back 10 plates of food and 30 desserts back to your table.

But who are we to judge "They're living their BEST LIFE"

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think tonights What's Happening Wednesday is now about them being on of the top "feeder" channels on youtube.
At least that's what I'm guessing people will posting in the chat about.
She needs to admit the only bootcamp she is going to is the competitve eating one.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So Jeremy the Disney Security guy appeared very briefly on yesterday's Attractions Live livestream. Christine was walking past him and then doubles back to exchange greetings with him. Very innocuous stuff but it shows that vloggers are on good terms with the security personnel.

I don't know if Jeremy was involved with the Columbia matter, but we know that he knows BLAB pretty well. It would be a real injustice if what we suspect is true - that the hero got trespassed from Disneyland because of BLAB's connections with Security personnel. I hope in their review of what happened, the Disney management addresses this issue and provides safeguards against discriminating against an ordinary guest if a conflict occurs with a vlogger.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
It can. From what I've read, if people watched the whole video and gave it a thumbs down, YT will still consider that it held your attention and it won't have much of a negative impact. But I do believe the less time watched and the more thumbs down a video has, the less likely YT is to recommend that channel to viewers of similar content.

The ratio could make any companies they might reach out to for sponsorships apprehensive to work with them, and it will also scare away other vloggers from wanting to collab with them. Notice even their "good friends" the Brickster & Dylan have been decidedly quiet about the drama this last week, instead of coming to their pals defense.

Then there's the only thing that matters to BLAB....their egos. They can try to spin it and say, "hey, you're still watching". But most likely people aren't. They're just seeing the name and clicking the thumbs down and moving on.
BLAB show up in my husband's feed because he reads the comments on their videos. Since the Columbia and their video about it the next day, he hasn't had any suggested. He also had a survey pop up asking what he thought of a video YouTube said he watched. I have started thumbs downing their videos even though I don't watch them lol

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That seems to be the typical BLAB routine. They do these "We have exciting things planned" videos where they hype up something and talk about how amazing it will be and it always turns out to be lackluster and underwhelming. The trip to Northern California, The WDW debacle, The Las Vegas cake hunt last year. All they ever end up doing wherever they go is walking down a street and eating, then eating again, then eating again.
They love using clickbaits to spark their viewers' interest. The Columbia incident vid is a good example. "We have such exciting news", and it was just the hideous merch up for sale again!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.