BeckieJBrown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait she’s only got one cat left? Where did the other one go??
He sounds like a nice lad tbh but if I got with a partner who was a very minor scale influencer and I’d see them posting stories of kiddies at the pool and how clocks are annoying I’m not sure I’d go back for another date… sooo.. he’s supportive indeed

Reactions: 1
Saw the Airpods pro on Beckie’s amazon wishlist a few days ago and now she’s got some! To think this girl was on breadline a few months ago… truly inspirational! 🎅?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"Countless look up to me, but I never have anybody above me to reach for."

I don't even know where to start in unpacking that sentence.

Whoever called that a head shave was on the cards was correct then!
She does this every time her has has volume / length / fullness. She’s the biggest narcissist- she 100% shaves her hair for attention at this point.

Reactions: 3
I don't have trich but I had a severe ED as a teenager (relapse after relapse) and I think there are strong comparisons to be made. They're both self harming, compulsive disorders which you both control and don't control at the same time. They both have the power to change your identity into an ''unwell'' person (esp with a visually sick component) and for ED suffers that's often the hardest tether to break. As we know, Beckie just loves to be unwell. I'm not saying she's consciously relapsed, but I think she is choosing not to control it for this reason. Her identity as ''unwell'' is just so valuable to her. She loves it, she thrives off it, it's her main identity and source of attention, her biggest interest. We've seen it all elements of her life, trich among them.

A month or so ago, nearer the start of the relapse she kept saying she felt ''confused by the pulling, really weird, not herself, thrown back to childhood''. To me, that felt like willing-relapse language. With my ED I would consciously allow myself to ''slip'' into behaviours and then react passively/neutrally this way to hide my complacency in them. And it's horrible to admit now I'm recovered mentally, but I'd also sometimes use this language to garner sympathy or worry. That's sadly a normal part of EDs and I wonder if it's part of (Beckie's) trich too.

The stuff about childhood struck me as so fucked in particular. I got the impression she was OPENLY romanticising the early days of the disorder (also happens in ED communities) and using it as a justification to relapse. ''I've been sick since I was a child, I'm so complicated and special, trich is who I am and all I've known, it almost makes sense I'm pulling again''. Again, I'm ashamed to say I also saw my ED mindset in that too.

I've been reluctant to say this as I'm not an expert on trich, and I know many members here are current/past sufferers. Please tell me I'm way off if you think I am. I also just have a strong feeling Beckie's trich is not like regular people's trich. Hers seems to have the more dramatic, integrated-into-personality elements that I recognise from the ED community (and my past self).

I hope this whole thing with Ash works out. It seems like she's based a lot of her happiness on this relationship recently, and actually I wonder if being happy is what has triggered the relapse. A sort of need to cling on to her past identity, something of her ''old'' self. I get the impression she's just screaming ''SEE I AM STILL SICK AND MISERABLE AND THE WORLD IS AWFUL''.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I don't have trich but I had a severe ED as a teenager (relapse after relapse) and I think there are strong comparisons to be made. They're both self harming, compulsive disorders which you both control and don't control at the same time. They both have the power to change your identity into an ''unwell'' person (esp with a visually sick component) and for ED suffers that's often the hardest tether to break. As we know, Beckie just loves to be unwell. I'm not saying she's consciously relapsed, but I think she is choosing not to control it for this reason. Her identity as ''unwell'' is just so valuable to her. She loves it, she thrives off it, it's her main identity and source of attention, her biggest interest. We've seen it all elements of her life, trich among them.

A month or so ago, nearer the start of the relapse she kept saying she felt ''confused by the pulling, really weird, not herself, thrown back to childhood''. To me, that felt like willing-relapse language. With my ED I would consciously allow myself to ''slip'' into behaviours and then react passively/neutrally this way to hide my complacency in them. And it's horrible to admit now I'm recovered mentally, but I'd also sometimes use this language to garner sympathy or worry. That's sadly a normal part of EDs and I wonder if it's part of (Beckie's) trich too.

The stuff about childhood struck me as so fucked in particular. I got the impression she was OPENLY romanticising the early days of the disorder (also happens in ED communities) and using it as a justification to relapse. ''I've been sick since I was a child, I'm so complicated and special, trich is who I am and all I've known, it almost makes sense I'm pulling again''. Again, I'm ashamed to say I also saw my ED mindset in that too.

I've been reluctant to say this as I'm not an expert on trich, and I know many members here are current/past sufferers. Please tell me I'm way off if you think I am. I also just have a strong feeling Beckie's trich is not like regular people's trich. Hers seems to have the more dramatic, integrated-into-personality elements that I recognise from the ED community (and my past self).

I hope this whole thing with Ash works out. It seems like she's based a lot of her happiness on this relationship recently, and actually I wonder if being happy is what has triggered the relapse. A sort of need to cling on to her past identity, something of her ''old'' self. I get the impression she's just screaming ''SEE I AM STILL SICK AND MISERABLE AND THE WORLD IS AWFUL''.
This is a very insightful take on the situation, and I think you're really onto something.

"Hers seems to have the more dramatic, integrated-into-personality elements" - I agree. Becoming 'famous' for her disorder during such formative years really blended the disorder into her personality and sense of self in a way that is hard to describe. I think if she'd never had success on social media, she would've been a very, very different person with a very, very different approach to relapses like this.

Also agree about the willing-relapse language. Usually with relapse the instinct is to analyse what might've caused it, or how to get oneself back on track - and I see none of that in her caption. None at all.

She shaved her head again?! Her hair was looking so good that length really suited her, I guess she wasn't getting any attention then so she resorted back to her shock tactics

Reactions: 2
''I've been sick since I was a child, I'm so complicated and special, trich is who I am and all I've known, it almost makes sense I'm pulling again''. Again, I'm ashamed to say I also saw my ED mindset in that too.
yup! I recognise this in myself too. Despite being well for a few years now, coping with it and not really paying much attention to it, there are days when I’ll try and trick myself into a relapse just because. Because I’m lonely, because having an ED is comforting (in a very deranged way) and because it feels like home.
On another note, I really, really don’t understand why she doesn’t use trigger warnings. If you’re reading here Beckie, pls do? I can’t imagine what trich followers feel like. It can’t be nice going on stories and seeing Beckie pull or openly talk about it without any warning.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Countless look up to me, but I never have anybody above me to reach for."

I don't even know where to start in unpacking that sentence
To me that just solidifies that she is a narcissist. I have my doubts that she is autistic, but I think she could be on another spectrum. Which would be covert narcissistic personality disorder. I even wonder if her trich could be a symptom of that. I just wonder how long before the new supply/boyfriend figures that out. They say people like her repeat the same patterns over and over again in relationships. If so, he had better look out. I think after that post I am done following her. I do hope one day she will get the help that she obviously needs.

Also, gave you guys noticed she's a bit more positive in her stories the past few days? There are less negative twists on her latest "grateful" posts...
I wonder if she's actually getting better/feeling happier? Or just trying not to scare away "THE MAN" just yet?

Reactions: 2
Also, gave you guys noticed she's a bit more positive in her stories the past few days? There are less negative twists on her latest "grateful" posts...
I wonder if she's actually getting better/feeling happier? Or just trying not to scare away "THE MAN" just yet?
"Cured by the dick", as it was with James, at the beginning she was much happier too

"Cured by the dick", as it was with James, at the beginning she was much happier too
Someone on GG was obsessed with her BFs appendage - can we keep the crudeness off this space please? Theres enough to legitamatly critique without scraping that far down the barrel!

Reactions: 6
I miss the grateful posts, she had them as a highlight for a couple of months too.

Talked about: anatomy, trauma/s, grooming, asexuality, v. limited ability to masterbate and a complex sex life due to my fluid phobia. I asked for support from GPs in my early 20’s. Mocked. Felt alone. She couldn’t advise but was supportive… I was the most ‘fascinating person’ she’d spoken with in a while.
"Fascinating" sounds like she was being rather polite and professional. She was probably thinking something else, Becks.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.