BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her blog on Sunday received a fair few criticisms after she partnered with a website selling pound shop type items including Zoflora and Yankee candles.
Yes, her poverty tourism. I haven't read her YT comments yet. She said she ordered from that site as she has no pound shops near where she lives. She's very close to Church Street market where you can buy all manner of similar bargain bits, and Camden is not far either. There is also a Poundland on Portobello Rd close to where she parked to go to the osteopath. She says she sticks to a limited diet (mainly fish cakes and terrible soup) so certainly wouldn't eat the multi-packs of sweets featured, and she has a cleaner so would not use the cleaning products, nor would she need the garlic chopper as she proudly doesn't cook. That bargain website she is pushing, and the silk pillowcase site who she also features, will offer a discount code to almost anybody so she shouldn't consider that she is furiously in demand. I do wonder what what such sites offer to partner with them. did she do it for one free haul plus £0.000000001 for each order using her discount code?

Back to her radio show today, she again read out an email from a listener who mentioned watching her YouTube vlog.

Reactions: 1
Bingo! Jo Good, interviewing grumpy uber luvvie Steven Berkhoff about his book of poetry, didn't take long to mention that she went to drama school. And now she's said "...and me as an actress".

Jo Good telling everyone to buy investment items of clothing for Black Friday and mentioning that she spent £70 on a pot of Manuka honey!🤦‍♀️

Also noticed that she isn’t listed in the roster of Gleam clients. Nor are the Saccone Jolys.
Sorry if I missed this but how do we know she is with Gleam?
Hmm, interesting about the non-Gleam appearance.

I can't believe that someone so inept as Jo Good is being allowed to cover the subject of "scams", she is surely adding to the confusion instead of helping her listeners as she is purporting to do as some sort of community service. She spends so much time asking "who would do such a thing" when the answer is simply criminals. She says she doesn't want to scare people but she is so busy conflating phones scams, eBay rip-offs, phishing, street hustles and consumer issues that she is surely rendering her listeners more even bewildered and worried. She has referred her listeners to "trustedpilot" (sic) to find out if a website is genuine - any scammers worth their salt would be busy setting up a site in this name to profit from confused listeners finding their way there.

Her show really is a gift that keeps giving, I'm back listening again, it's WFH comedy gold, and me-me-me bingo fun. The listener who bought tat from China via Facebook that arrived not-as-advertised, was your standard "oh dear poor thing" piece but then came the revelation that she'd done so three times. One item was "ivy already on a fence" that was actually measured in inches rather than feet, and a rottweiler holding a dish, which I think was also smaller than expected.
Yup, she doesn't want to scare people but...!

Re Gleam, she either said she was signed to them or it was written down somewhere. Here is a mention of her other properties from 2018.
1A75FC00-8124-495A-88EC-BCA72E8001E5.jpeg

And this
2534AF0E-0C09-4ABB-A5F3-FC497BF0A82B.jpeg
D9B3CEAA-98C9-451B-BD2F-A8FBF162FB3B.jpeg
3E798A1A-D018-4361-BB22-873B87D755A9.jpeg
43DCAEB3-F08B-460A-8FA1-D0EF705E4E65.jpeg

Last edited:
Re Gleam, she either said she was signed to them or it was written down somewhere. Here is a mention of her other properties from 2018.
oooh interesting, you'd never know by the way she talks about being unable to afford a bigger flat which is why she was in her studio for so long! Makes no sense to me to own 3 properties but rent a 1 bedroom yourself.

oooh interesting, you'd never know by the way she talks about being unable to afford a bigger flat which is why she was in her studio for so long! Makes no sense to me to own 3 properties but rent a 1 bedroom yourself.
Location, location, location!

Question re formulating a thread on Jo Good. Not sure what section it should be in. Influencers, bloggers or instagramers (Instagrammers?). Would welcome your opinions.
I was happy to find that I can now create threads on Tattle! I'll do a Jo Good one @Mustard if you don't want to. I'm worried we're boring non BBC Radio London listeners with a middleagedminx OD!

Reactions: 2
I was happy to find that I can now create threads on Tattle! I'll do a Jo Good one @Mustard if you don't want to. I'm worried we're boring non BBC Radio London listeners with a middleagedminx OD!
😍Yes, please do. The title you came up with is perfect.

If you liked Little Richard, seek out a repeat of a R2 documentary about him aired on the 26th May after his death - it was recorded 5 years ago. It’s on the BBC Sounds App. The music really perked me up when I listened to it yesterday. The presenter is Huey Morgan.
I cant listen to Huey Morgan, a paranoid vicious violent little Coke head who takes himself way to serious. His new radio friendly personality husband and father of Bath does not fool me or the other unfortunate people who may have crossed his path in the past. Amazing what you can get away with.

• Heart
I cant listen to Huey Morgan, a paranoid vicious violent little Coke head who takes himself way to serious. His new radio friendly personality husband and father of Bath does not fool me or the other unfortunate people who may have crossed his path in the past. Amazing what you can get away with.
I listen to BBC 6 Music and would love to know more about Huey's other face. If you can't say anything here @Tilly41 is there anywhere I could find out more?

I listen to BBC 6 Music and would love to know more about Huey's other face. If you can't say anything here @Tilly41 is there anywhere I could find out more?
I apologise for speaking recklessly I think in hindsight I spoke out of turn. I dont know him personally but perhaps witnessed him at a very dark time in his own personal life. We all evolve dont we as we all have the ability to.

I apologise for speaking recklessly I think in hindsight I spoke out of turn. I dont know him personally but perhaps witnessed him at a very dark time in his own personal life. We all evolve dont we as we all have the ability to.
Thanks for your reply @Tilly41. Let's hope he's put any demons behind him, and I hope you weren't affected too badly by what you saw.

Coke can definitely make some or even most people very nasty, as well as causing physical problems.

Anyone know what’s happened to Steve Wright on Radio 2? It’s been Cat Deeley for a few days and I can’t listen 😬 I usually have Steve on in the background to get me through WFH afternoons

It makes sense to me. Radio 1 stops playing acts/songs from a specific era and people start tuning in to Radio 2 to hear them.

Jenny Eclair just said f***ing on BBC Radio London. :eek: She was getting passionate about how performers are feeling during the pandemic.

Jeanette Kwakye is sitting in for Robert Elms, Jenny is Listed Londoner.

Last edited:
Robert Elms show today partly consisted of him asking people to tell him where in London they’d live if they had the choice. He said it was relevant to him and admitted he might be moving. Maybe he’s sold his £3,250,000 house in Camden. He’s taking another 3 days off next week, maybe he’s house hunting.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.