BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to say that Maureen from Plaistow is one of the least bothersome callers to me. She’s like a grandmotherly figure, but yes she is on a lot. The one I have to switch off is the woman from Sutton with a Yorkshire accent who is usually calling Jim Davis and Duncan Barkes. She yaps away in a monologue and they can’t get a word in.
I can see why Maureen has her fans, I'm not one of them unfortunately. I don't know the Sutton woman, perhaps presenters like such yappers so they can take a break!

This is off topic but I'll direct this to you Mustard if you don't mind as I'm sure you will have an answer. As a new user here I don't know how an SM personality gets to have their own thread. I am thinking that Jo Good needs one. If it is based on followers JG has 14K and a blue tick on Insta, 24K on YT, and is represented by an influencers' agency. I was incensed watching her latest YouTube video @middleagedminx where she is filming herself and looking into the camera while driving along the Marylebone Road. She was driving westbound from Baker Street, took the slip lane to Edgware Road, then crossed it onto the lane that leads towards Paddington Station. She was looking left into the camera as she was approaching the point where traffic enters on the right from the flyover, all the while talking to the camera and trying to pay attention to her satnav. I am surprised such a professional Londoner needs a satnav to get from Marylebone to her destination of Kensal Rise which is barely 3 miles away but if she was unsure she should not have been filming while trying to faff her way there. If an accident had taken place her behaviour might well be considered as driving without due care and attention.

Reactions: 4
I can see why Maureen has her fans, I'm not one of them unfortunately. I don't know the Sutton woman, perhaps presenters like such yappers so they can take a break!

This is off topic but I'll direct this to you Mustard if you don't mind as I'm sure you will have an answer. As a new user here I don't know how an SM personality gets to have their own thread. I am thinking that Jo Good needs one. If it is based on followers JG has 14K and a blue tick on Insta, 24K on YT, and is represented by an influencers' agency. I was incensed watching her latest YouTube video @middleagedminx where she is filming herself and looking into the camera while driving along the Marylebone Road. She was driving westbound from Baker Street, took the slip lane to Edgware Road, then crossed it onto the lane that leads towards Paddington Station. She was looking left into the camera as she was approaching the point where traffic enters on the right from the flyover, all the while talking to the camera and trying to pay attention to her satnav. I am surprised such a professional Londoner needs a satnav to get from Marylebone to her destination of Kensal Rise which is barely 3 miles away but if she was unsure she should not have been filming while trying to faff her way there. If an accident had taken place her behaviour might well be considered as driving without due care and attention.
I believe that a person needs 13k followers on Insta for a thread. @Yel could confirm.
Agree about her unsafe driving. Her driving with her constantly unsecured dog in the car is also alarming and illegal.

Reactions: 1
I believe that a person needs 13k followers on Insta for a thread. @Yel could confirm.
Agree about her unsafe driving. Her driving with her constantly unsecured dog in the car is also alarming and illegal.
Thanks for your swift reply Mustard and referring to @Yel. And, yes, the dog on the loose is also a worrying regular feature.

Thanks for your swift reply Mustard and referring to @Yel. And, yes, the dog on the loose is also a worrying regular feature.
I’ve noticed that comments are frequently left on her YouTube videos about the loose dog but she never addresses them.

I’ve noticed that comments are frequently left on her YouTube videos about the loose dog but she never addresses them.
I can barely read the YouTube comments, they are almost all OTT positive. I thought she (or someone else) filtered the comments, only posting the positive ones with the odd critical one getting through for "authenticity".

Reactions: 2
I can barely read the YouTube comments, they are almost all OTT positive. I thought she (or someone else) filtered the comments, only posting the positive ones with the odd critical one getting through for "authenticity".
I don’t know about the filtering, but I have seen regular comments about the dog, which aren’t answered by her although she does answer most of the other ones. I usually look at the Vlig many days after it’s put out.

I noticed on Monday that she interviewed a plastic surgeon and claimed she hadn’t had any work done because she couldn’t afford it! Then she had to correct herself as her producer reminded her that she had Profilo on her neck. She’s a compulsive liar.

I noticed on Monday that she interviewed a plastic surgeon and claimed she hadn’t had any work done because she couldn’t afford it! Then she had to correct herself as her producer reminded her that she had Profilo on her neck. She’s a compulsive liar.
Listening to Jo Good I realised that I was much more annoyed than informed, educated or entertained by her BBC output so I have stopped listening. I will be WFH for the foreseeable so I can't be on edge 15 hours per week bracing myself for her screeching, yelping and showboating.

• Haha
Listening to Jo Good I realised that I was much more annoyed than informed, educated or entertained by her BBC output so I have stopped listening. I will be WFH for the foreseeable so I can't be on edge 15 hours per week bracing myself for her screeching, yelping and showboating.
Yes, she’s like an indulged child. Sometimes she has interesting people to interview, and as long as she doesn’t keep turning everything back to herself.

there is a thread on Tattle about Estee Lalonde, who JG is a big fan of. She interviewed her for her Dogs and the City podcast and mentions her a fair bit. I can see their similarities.

Last edited:
Yes, she’s like an indulged child. Sometimes she has interesting people to interview, and as long as she doesn’t keep turning everything back to herself.

there is a thread on Tattle about Estee Lalonde, who JG is a big fan of. She interviewed her for her Dogs and the City podcast and mentions her a fair bit. I can see their similarities.
I will miss some of the interviewees, although not the cringey, ill-informed way Jo Good conducts the interviews.

I've heard Estee Lalonde mentioned, I don't know who she is so I'll have a look at the thread. Thanks for the tip, it will make a change from the only other threads I read, the SacconeJolys and Sali Hughes, although I did peep at the Joe Wicks one earlier!

I will miss some of the interviewees, although not the cringey, ill-informed way Jo Good conducts the interviews.

I've heard Estee Lalonde mentioned, I don't know who she is so I'll have a look at the thread. Thanks for the tip, it will make a change from the only other threads I read, the SacconeJolys and Sali Hughes, although I did peep at the Joe Wicks one earlier!
The Food and Drink ones are good, in my opinion. They are an offshoot of the Jack Monroe threads.

I don't have much to add on the radio, I tend to listen to BBC radio London while I am WFH because I prefer more talk then lots of music. I'm going to read through this thread for particular show recommendations but if anyone has any good radio talk shows to suggest, please let me know!

I am here for the Jo Good goss - I listen to her show and watch her youtube. I find her so OTT, acting so immature and is totally in love with herself. I am surprised to read she owns 3 properties, she makes out that she has no money and it all goes on clothes! Also, I can't stand how she always has to name drop Marylebone - we get it. Anyone with knowledge of the area will know what building you live in. Stop bragging Jo, no one cares.

I don't have much to add on the radio, I tend to listen to BBC radio London while I am WFH because I prefer more talk then lots of music. I'm going to read through this thread for particular show recommendations but if anyone has any good radio talk shows to suggest, please let me know!

I am here for the Jo Good goss - I listen to her show and watch her youtube. I find her so OTT, acting so immature and is totally in love with herself. I am surprised to read she owns 3 properties, she makes out that she has no money and it all goes on clothes! Also, I can't stand how she always has to name drop Marylebone - we get it. Anyone with knowledge of the area will know what building you live in. Stop bragging Jo, no one cares.
I like a mix of talk and music during the day but since detuning from Jo Good during my WFH afternoons I've just been just listening to music but I feel a bit disconnected so will want to find an alternative. Do you think @dreamybutterfly that there is enough interest for a Jo Good thread on Tattle? She is certainly putting enough stuff out there.

I like a mix of talk and music during the day but since detuning from Jo Good during my WFH afternoons I've just been just listening to music but I feel a bit disconnected so will want to find an alternative. Do you think @dreamybutterfly that there is enough interest for a Jo Good thread on Tattle? She is certainly putting enough stuff out there.
I’m certainly up for one. She was pontificating about dogs yesterday on the Barking Hour again yesterday. The fact that she was deemed a pet expert on the AlanTitchmarsh programme is laughable.

I’m certainly up for one. She was pontificating about dogs yesterday on the Barking Hour again yesterday. The fact that she was deemed a pet expert on the AlanTitchmarsh programme is laughable.
Expert indeed. Not long ago Jo Good was interviewing the vet Bruce (father of Ben) Fogle about his new book. He is/was her vet and said that he remembered when she got her dog that he thought she was a "naive owner", or words to that effect. It seemed as if he felt she'd seen a dog type she fancied and rushed to a breeder to buy one before she'd looked into the characteristics and health issues associated with the breed. She tried to laugh it off but I'm sure she was pee'd off as it doesn't tally too well with her professional dog broadcaster act. She bought her dog a long time ago but I bet if she were to get one nowadays she'd be "sourcing a rescue" and virtue signalling all the way.

Are you able to start a new thread @Mustard? I can't imagine I'd have enough privileges to do it.

Reactions: 3
Expert indeed. Not long ago Jo Good was interviewing the vet Bruce (father of Ben) Fogle about his new book. He is/was her vet and said that he remembered when she got her dog that he thought she was a "naive owner", or words to that effect. It seemed as if he felt she'd seen a dog type she fancied and rushed to a breeder to buy one before she'd looked into the characteristics and health issues associated with the breed. She tried to laugh it off but I'm sure she was pee'd off as it doesn't tally too well with her professional dog broadcaster act. She bought her dog a long time ago but I bet if she were to get one nowadays she'd be "sourcing a rescue" and virtue signalling all the way.

Are you able to start a new thread @Mustard? I can't imagine I'd have enough privileges to do it.
I believe I can start one. Any clever suggestions for the title?

Hmm, I'll need to think... I might even start listening to the radio show again if I'm able to vent! (but on my spare FM radio so I don't count as an online listener).

Hmm, I'll need to think... I might even start listening to the radio show again if I'm able to vent! (but on my spare FM radio so I don't count as an online listener).
Yes, you will have to start listening again. 👽 I did hear that Bruce Fogle interview too!

Did you hear her interview Mrs. Hinch a while back and suggest having her on her Dogs and the City podcast? Hinch is also with Gleam.

Not that clever but descriptive as an opener: Jo Good – I live on my own in Marylebone. I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum & me me me

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.