BBC Radio

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cannot believe they are re-airing the Saccone Joly interview on Dogs and the City. 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I like a mix of talk and music during the day but since detuning from Jo Good during my WFH afternoons I've just been just listening to music but I feel a bit disconnected so will want to find an alternative. Do you think @dreamybutterfly that there is enough interest for a Jo Good thread on Tattle? She is certainly putting enough stuff out there.
We can't be the only ones who find her annoying. :ROFLMAO:

Not that clever but descriptive as an opener: Jo Good – I live on my own in Marylebone. I vlog my dog, the BBC, my mum & me me me
Brilliant!

If you google her name and then tTtkd then the threads she’s mentioned in come up.

How can they broadcast the disgusting slurping and slurring from food expert Nigel Barden on Robert Elms' BBC Radio London show? It's made me tune out, even before Jo Good shows up.

If you google her name and then tTtkd then the threads she’s mentioned in come up.
Eek that was supposed to say Tattle.

How can they broadcast the disgusting slurping and slurring from food expert Nigel Barden on Robert Elms' BBC Radio London show? It's made me tune out, even before Jo Good shows up.
yes, it was really annoying. So was JG in the Barking Hour yesterday. She said that crossbreeds were definitely more healthy than a purebred. At least she has Anna Webb to balance out her lack of knowledge. I’ve noticed that JG seems to be sounding more and more manic. Also, her discussion on Are we defined by our clothes? was quite ironic considering how much her Vlogs are devoted to them. Those Samantha Sung dresses she and her former producer were discussing were showing up as being close to $1k on an American website.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
yes, it was really annoying. So was JG in the Barking Hour yesterday. She said that crossbreeds were definitely more healthy than a purebred. At least she has Anna Webb to balance out her lack of knowledge. I’ve noticed that JG seems to be sounding more and more manic. Also, her discussion on Are we defined by our clothes? was quite ironic considering how much her Vlogs are devoted to them. Those Samantha Sung dresses she and her former producer were discussing were showing up as being close to $1k on an American website.
Thanks for the JG update. Her lack of self-awareness about her $1k dresses is all that I would expect, I will resist the urge to hear it myself on catch-up. I've been resolute in not listening to her show, at least not until she has her own thread on Tattle so I can vent! As it is, I'm bursting to comment about her SM but I don't want to hog this thread with off-topic comments.

Jo Good is having Mrs. Hinch on her programme again today. Hunch is another stablemate of hers from Gleam. So wrong.

Reactions: 5
I'll tune in for that, thanks @Mustard. BTW I popped over to the thread about starting threads and requested one for Jo Good is started.

Reactions: 3
Hunch is one of the most disingenuous marketers out there. So she’s written another book and is being patted on the back by Jo Good, another Gleam stablemate. JG managed to shoehorn in another mention of Louise Pentland, yet another Gleam Futures person, who JG repeatedly has on her programme. Aargh. I do want a thread about her but haven’t been incentivised enough to start one! 😏

Reactions: 2
Hunch is one of the most disingenuous marketers out there. So she’s written another book and is being patted on the back by Jo Good, another Gleam stablemate. JG managed to shoehorn in another mention of Louise Pentland, yet another Gleam Futures person, who JG repeatedly has on her programme. Aargh. I do want a thread about her but haven’t been incentivised enough to start one! 😏
That interview yesterday was just awful. JG often brings up trolling when talking to influencers, and then of course turns it to herself, this time she mentioned that she is too old to be bothered by trolling. Unless she's referring to being contracted directly by "trolls", I'm not aware of much mention or criticism of her online, unless I don't know where to look. There is only scant mention of her on Tattle and her YT comments are almost universally fawning.

I'm trying to do more posts on Tattle in case it ups my permissions and allows me to start a thread, no luck yet.

Question re formulating a thread on Jo Good. Not sure what section it should be in. Influencers, bloggers or instagramers (Instagrammers?). Would welcome your opinions.

I
Question re formulating a thread on Jo Good. Not sure what section it should be in. Influencers, bloggers or instagramers (Instagrammers?). Would welcome your opinions.
I think it should be in the Influencer section, because that is what she's unashamedly aiming to be, via her vlogging, which she refers to as her passion. Considering the partnerships she has forged so far, it seems she wants to be a fashion, beauty and lifestyle influencer for the older woman.

She's often mentioned she doesn't really "get" or "do" Instagram, posts there seem to be because she's expected to have an IG presence, and usually just promote her latest YT vlog.

In anticipation of a Jo Good thread I have been listening to her BBC Radio London show today. Another cringe moment when she mentioned to the vintage clothing chap that she saw a photo of him in dungarees, for the sole reason to bring up the fact she has a YouTube vlog and she recently did a whole episode on boiler suits ("syoots")and dungarees. Her using her daily BBC platform to again promote her YT channel, in which the latest instalment is marked with #AD, is questionable at the very least.

Her Wikipedia describes her as "a British radio presenter, television presenter, broadcast journalist and actress". I am surprised she has not updated it to include "influencer". You would think Gleam would be on it.

Last edited:
Jo Good telling everyone to buy investment items of clothing for Black Friday and mentioning that she spent £70 on a pot of Manuka honey!🤦‍♀️

Also noticed that she isn’t listed in the roster of Gleam clients. Nor are the Saccone Jolys.

Jo Good telling everyone to buy investment items of clothing for Black Friday and mentioning that she spent £70 on a pot of Manuka honey!🤦‍♀️

Also noticed that she isn’t listed in the roster of Gleam clients. Nor are the Saccone Jolys.
Hmm, interesting about the non-Gleam appearance.

I can't believe that someone so inept as Jo Good is being allowed to cover the subject of "scams", she is surely adding to the confusion instead of helping her listeners as she is purporting to do as some sort of community service. She spends so much time asking "who would do such a thing" when the answer is simply criminals. She says she doesn't want to scare people but she is so busy conflating phones scams, eBay rip-offs, phishing, street hustles and consumer issues that she is surely rendering her listeners more even bewildered and worried. She has referred her listeners to "trustedpilot" (sic) to find out if a website is genuine - any scammers worth their salt would be busy setting up a site in this name to profit from confused listeners finding their way there.

Her show really is a gift that keeps giving, I'm back listening again, it's WFH comedy gold, and me-me-me bingo fun. The listener who bought tat from China via Facebook that arrived not-as-advertised, was your standard "oh dear poor thing" piece but then came the revelation that she'd done so three times. One item was "ivy already on a fence" that was actually measured in inches rather than feet, and a rottweiler holding a dish, which I think was also smaller than expected.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Her blog on Sunday received a fair few criticisms after she partnered with a website selling pound shop type items including Zoflora and Yankee candles.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.