BBC radio stations #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just listening to Radio 1 - Jamie is hardly ever on?! Not necessarily a bad thing but he doesn’t “do” Thursdays anyway and has been off for weeks touring his podcast. I wonder how that was agreed, surely the first few months are the most important so they gel with each other and the audience?
They seem to have done the same with Dean too! I always switch off R1 at lunch time when I hear the 1pm changeover, but the intro always says Dean's 'under the weather ' or on holiday 🤣
Just cull them and be done with it!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Listening to Radio 2 and Jane McDonald doesn’t sound natural on the radio. She’s talking like she’s doing a voiceover for one of her channel 5 shows.
I agree. She is a really dull cover presenter and a dissapointing addition to bank holidays. I don't know why they don't just one of their regular stand ins instead.

I did enjoy listening to Tony today, some great song choices

They seem to have done the same with Dean too! I always switch off R1 at lunch time when I hear the 1pm changeover, but the intro always says Dean's 'under the weather ' or on holiday 🤣
Just cull them and be done with it!
I genuinely can't listen to Dean and he's even worse with Vicky, they're AWFUL

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I genuinely can't listen to Dean and he's even worse with Vicky, they're AWFUL
They are going soon aren’t they? June?!
Dean going onto early breakfast which luckily for me is easily avoided. I detest getting in the car at lunchtime and them just spewing crap. They couldn’t even work their headphones today and had to play a song while they sorted it out… wtf 😂

Reactions: 1
They are going soon aren’t they? June?!
Dean going onto early breakfast which luckily for me is easily avoided. I detest getting in the car at lunchtime and them just spewing crap. They couldn’t even work their headphones today and had to play a song while they sorted it out… wtf 😂
Lol but think of the poor shift workers who not only have to be up at 4am, but now have to listen to Dean 😬🤣

• Haha
Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m sick of the Eurovision overkill on R2, especially them shoving Richie on every half hour.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Might be an unpopular opinion but I’m sick of the Eurovision overkill on R2, especially them shoving Richie on every half hour.
I caught him on the telly the other day and he was saying he’s part of the main presenting team this year 🤦‍♀️ I don’t have R2 on much during the day now, so thankfully I’ve dodged this particular bullet!

So it all went tits up during the Ultimate ABBA Song on Radio 2. It’s a pre record and after 20 minutes of the 2nd hour it was reliased the first hour was being repeated!! They had to miss out tracks 14-9!!! I thought husband had hacked the Google speaker to play Kylie’s Padam!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Tony Blackburn said he was having a recurring dream that he was constantly delivering babies.........
the Doctor said he was having a Midwife Crisis.....:censored:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Whyyyyyyyy can’t Callum on Newsbeat say ‘women’, it’s always ‘womans’. It drives me bonkers.

Great trolling by Jeremy Vine just then - interviewing the Tory defence secretary then plays Billy Joel - My Life ‘I don’t care what you say anymore’ 🤭

• Haha
Will be avoiding R1 till the Big weekend is over 🥱
Liked Scott and Rylans Friday show together, will he be taking over during Scott's Wedding/Honeymoon?

Why is the Big Weekend coverage so terrible? Wouldn’t it be much better to just broadcast the sets instead of random groups of DJs chatting about what a great time they’re having and usual playlist.

Reactions: 4
Gary Davis seems to be the hardest working 'sit in presenter on R2 at the moment. It feels like he is sitting in for someone nearly every week at the moment. He is good at it, I feel like he always 'understands the assignment' of whatever show he is covering, and could probably be used anywhere apart from the lunchtime phone in.

Reactions: 10
Gary Davis seems to be the hardest working 'sit in presenter on R2 at the moment. It feels like he is sitting in for someone nearly every week at the moment. He is good at it, I feel like he always 'understands the assignment' of whatever show he is covering, and could probably be used anywhere apart from the lunchtime phone in.
Like a good supply teacher

Reactions: 6