BBC radio stations #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok are people going on the Music police just to chat to Scott on the radio?! 🤣 She literally sang the whole song and tune word for word and knew they had a kids TV show, all-stars would be the first result on a Google search 🙄

Reactions: 1
A body found in the search for Michael Mosley.
I used to occasionally listen to his shows on Radio 4.
I caught him and his wife doing a slot together on something just a few weeks ago. They seemed like a lovely couple, very caring with one another. Whether you agree with his intermittent fasting approach or not, this is sad news.

Reactions: 2
I caught him and his wife doing a slot together on something just a few weeks ago. They seemed like a lovely couple, very caring with one another. Whether you agree with his intermittent fasting approach or not, this is sad news.
He set off walking at lunchtime, 40c temp, no phone, no water, just a small sun-shade umbrella.
I can't get my head around someone doing that, it's so dangerous.

Reactions: 4
I know people were saying a while back that Johnnie sounded unwell. Not sure if anything was confirmed after but I just read this. So sad :(

I thought Johnnie had been sounding frail but that's so sad.

He set off walking at lunchtime, 40c temp, no phone, no water, just a small sun-shade umbrella.
I can't get my head around someone doing that, it's so dangerous.
Crazy isn't it? But terrible things can happen because of seemingly small wrong decisions - not taking his phone, not waiting for a bus in the first village he arrived at, carrying on walking in the wrong direction instead of turning back. And he was a highly intelligent man who must have been aware of the risks.
It's terribly sad, and made sadder in that it was so easily preventable.

Listening to how naturally Rylan flows through his show on a Saturday really makes you realise how bad most of the presenters are on Radio one. Would love to know how much the ratings must have dropped for the afternoon, as no sane person could enjoy Jamie's 'Tim nice but dim' act

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Listening to how naturally Rylan flows through his show on a Saturday really makes you realise how bad most of the presenters are on Radio one. Would love to know how much the ratings must have dropped for the afternoon, as no sane person could enjoy Jamie's 'Tim nice but dim' act
Rylan is an excellent presenter. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I admire how hard he works and how much personality he puts into his work.

I would recommend the show he has just done on TV with Judge Rinder about then visiting Italy following the route of the Grand Tour.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I love Rylan! His is the only show we ever listen to on sounds if we haven’t caught it live.

Reactions: 6
Rylan is an excellent presenter. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I admire how hard he works and how much personality he puts into his work.

I would recommend the show he has just done on TV with Judge Rinder about then visiting Italy following the route of the Grand Tour.
I really enjoyed that. I know buddy travel shows are a bit ten a penny these days but what's not to love about Rylan and Rob?

Reactions: 3
he has an incredibly genuine warmth to him - he’s lovely to listen to because it’s like listening to a friend tell you about their day. just a very natural presenter.

by contrast, i had radio 1 on in the car earlier and the presenter (whoever she was) played lorde’s green light and said “wow that song always makes me think about, like, that feeling when you’re at a green light, waiting to go, you know?” as if that’s not literally what the song is about 🤣

• Haha
he has an incredibly genuine warmth to him - he’s lovely to listen to because it’s like listening to a friend tell you about their day. just a very natural presenter.

by contrast, i had radio 1 on in the car earlier and the presenter (whoever she was) played lorde’s green light and said “wow that song always makes me think about, like, that feeling when you’re at a green light, waiting to go, you know?” as if that’s not literally what the song is about 🤣
I heard that and was thinking WTF? It was Nat O’Leary who is chums with Dean and Vicky which says it all about her

Reactions: 3
I heard that and was thinking WTF? It was Nat O’Leary who is chums with Dean and Vicky which says it all about her
i’m glad someone else heard it 🤣 radio 1 is so godawful right now that (on the times where i’m not listening to greg, who i love) i’m just waiting for someone to say something stupid. there was a young guy last week who had obviously been told to fill airtime by talking about glastonbury, an easy job for a radio dj you would think, but the only thing he could say was “the tickets are heard to get” and then floundered for a bit trying to think of headliners.

i wish i could be bothered to retune the radio in my car 🤣

• Heart
I love Rylan’s presenting style but his club anthems are a bit much for me at that time of the day after the first hour.

I have been feeling a bit emotional all week about Johnnie Walker, especially after reading the interview he and his wife did for the telegraph.

He is one of my favourite presenters. I used to listen to his drive time show whilst doing my homework after college.

My parents were born in mid 50s, so 60s and 70s music was what they grew up with. I have enjoyed listening to their music with them, and found it to be a great way to connect to them.

After my dad died, me and my mum started making a point of listening to Sounds of the 60s and 70s every week. Sometimes live and sometimes on demand, and just enjoying the music and talking about our favourites. It really helped having something to look forward to every week, especially during the first year after when things were very difficult.

I find it quite moving listening to people's letters about what certain songs mean to them, or when they want a song that reminds them of a loved one who has passed away.

I am going to be absolutely distraught when Johnnie passes away.

I am sure the show will go on with someone else, but it won't be the same.

I am sure the show will continue, but it just won't be the same.

• Heart
Nat O’Leary also got confused when they were running a Boardmasters competition because she didn’t know they had surfing

• Haha

Absolutely and you can't train for that, you either have it or you don't. Dean/Vicky/Nat ect all sound like media students showing off doing an a level radio show for their classmates, I can't believe they're the best in young radio talent the UK has to offer?!
Where do they find them, cause back in the day most of Radio one was made up of ex children's TV presenters!
---
I love Rylan’s presenting style but his club anthems are a bit much for me at that time of the day after the first hour.
Actually I do have to agree with you there! Not a fan of clubby stuff, I would much prefer something like a nostalgic pop segment (like a different year each week) or girl bands/ boy bands of yesteryear ect

Reactions: 5