BBC radio stations #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Scott Mills has been filming celebrity race across the world or some other reality show for the bbc. Today he’s uploaded a video of him seeing his dog for the first time in six weeks so he seems to have been away somewhere.

Unrelated, Newsbeat is really annoying me with how babyish it’s reporting is. They were talking about David Cameron and instead of introducing him as Foreign Secretary they said something along the lines of the man in government who looks after the uks relations with other countries. I’m sure they did something similar with the chancellor as well, the man in charge of the nations finances rather than his job title

Reactions: 9
Last week on newsbeat they made a joke about hostages in a nightclub. We couldn’t believe what we were hearing. It was something like “now to a nightclub in Holland but this isn’t a night out…”

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I wonder if Scott Mills has been filming celebrity race across the world or some other reality show for the bbc. Today he’s uploaded a video of him seeing his dog for the first time in six weeks so he seems to have been away somewhere.

Unrelated, Newsbeat is really annoying me with how babyish it’s reporting is. They were talking about David Cameron and instead of introducing him as Foreign Secretary they said something along the lines of the man in government who looks after the uks relations with other countries. I’m sure they did something similar with the chancellor as well, the man in charge of the nations finances rather than his job title
I don't know who chooses the news items for newsbeat but I swear it feels like a rotation of niche sport stuff and drag race 'news' 😂

Reactions: 2
Have they announced what’s going on with pick of the pops yet? Gary Davies is so good on it so I hope he stays.

yep - they always introduce the chancellor like “the important man who’s in charge of all our money-woney” and it drives me crazy. while i know the radio 1 demographic is younger, they’re not toddlers.

i am accepting that i’m just too old for radio 1 now though 🥲 can’t give up greg in the mornings just yet but literally every other show (except maybe matt and molly) is like a group of work experience kids have somehow gotten hold of a microphone.

Reactions: 5
yep - they always introduce the chancellor like “the important man who’s in charge of all our money-woney” and it drives me crazy. while i know the radio 1 demographic is younger, they’re not toddlers.

i am accepting that i’m just too old for radio 1 now though 🥲 can’t give up greg in the mornings just yet but literally every other show (except maybe matt and molly) is like a group of work experience kids have somehow gotten hold of a microphone.
It's not your age, radio 1 has just made really bad choices with djs recently. They range from bearable but meh (Katie thiselton, Vic hope, Charlie, Ricky/melvin) to shockingly awful (Jamie Lang, Dean and Vicky, Danny Beard, the red haired chart guy). They need to do a massive cull and then some sort of X factor talent search for new DJs, it would be fun!

It's not your age, radio 1 has just made really bad choices with djs recently. They range from bearable but meh (Katie thiselton, Vic hope, Charlie, Ricky/melvin) to shockingly awful (Jamie Lang, Dean and Vicky, Danny Beard, the red haired chart guy). They need to do a massive cull and then some sort of X factor talent search for new DJs, it would be fun!
they absolutely have. i’ve been going to work early the past few saturdays and have been subjected to sam and danny - who spend most of their time wondering what certain buttons do, talking over the end of songs and not seeming to know anything about music when they do a music based quiz 🤣 jamie laing is also just all wrong for radio. he worked with matt edmonson just about but it’s like he’s an annoying kid that vick and katie are having to babysit.

it needs a huge cull. the quality there rn is godawful.

Reactions: 3
they absolutely have. i’ve been going to work early the past few saturdays and have been subjected to sam and danny - who spend most of their time wondering what certain buttons do, talking over the end of songs and not seeming to know anything about music when they do a music based quiz 🤣 jamie laing is also just all wrong for radio. he worked with matt edmonson just about but it’s like he’s an annoying kid that vick and katie are having to babysit.

it needs a huge cull. the quality there rn is godawful.
Jamie Lang- hope someone got fired for that choice! Not bothered that he's posh, he's just boring and really unlikable.
I watched an old Harry Enfield and chums the other day where smashie and nicey were being demoted to the middle of the night 'radio quiet' slot. A bit like what they've done with putting Dean on at 4am early breakfast 😂

Reactions: 1
Greg, Matt, Mollie, Vick and Katie are the only listenable ones (I do love Matt and Mollie so they’re the only ones I actively switch on for).
Dean and Vicky, Nat o Leary and all the others sound as though they’ve never actually even listened to the radio before.

Reactions: 3

THIS!!! This is exactly how I feel too! I can't stand listening to any of it except as you say, Greg and Matt and Molly. Molly irritates me sometimes though too but I like how much fun they seem to have so prefer them together to when Matt is on on his own, yesterday's show Matt was on great form, he seemed almost giddy and was really funny

THIS!!! This is exactly how I feel too! I can't stand listening to any of it except as you say, Greg and Matt and Molly. Molly irritates me sometimes though too but I like how much fun they seem to have so prefer them together to when Matt is on on his own, yesterday's show Matt was on great form, he seemed almost giddy and was really funny
He has a show on ITV2 called dress to impress, not my usual sort of show at all, but his narration is so funny taking the pi*s out of the contestants, I'd really recommend if you want a giggle!

He has a show on ITV2 called dress to impress, not my usual sort of show at all, but his narration is so funny taking the pi*s out of the contestants, I'd really recommend if you want a giggle!
Amazing thanks, I'm always looking for non-stress inducing things to watch of an evening!

Johnnie Walker doesn't sound well at all.
I have said this to my mum, but she is convinced that he has just got new teeth and isn't used to them.

He does sound frailer than he used to imo. You can really tell when he plays archive clips of him interviewing guests. This was really apparent in the episode the other week when he played an interview with Steve Harley from around 3 years ago.

Everyone needs to form a protective circle around him and Tony Blackburn.

• Heart
I’m up early enough to hear Owain on the early breakfast on R2, my god he’s awful.

Oh joy Zoe is back. Off to Greatest Hits for my commute 😂

• Haha
I’m up early enough to hear Owain on the early breakfast on R2, my god he’s awful.

Oh joy Zoe is back. Off to Greatest Hits for my commute 😂
Owain used to be our local “weatherman” (I use the term loosely as I’m not sure what he actually knew about the weather) on Look North. The way he used to big up his part and jump around while pointing at the map was really irritating and off putting. This was some years ago, and it was clear he was one of those people who would do anything to be on the telly / be famous, and was trying really hard to be noticed 🤢

Owain used to be our local “weatherman” (I use the term loosely as I’m not sure what he actually knew about the weather) on Look North. The way he used to big up his part and jump around while pointing at the map was really irritating and off putting. This was some years ago, and it was clear he was one of those people who would do anything to be on the telly / be famous, and was trying really hard to be noticed 🤢
Owain's like a hyperactive version of Richie Anderson.

Im in the Look North region and remember him 😂😩