BBC radio stations #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else find Vic Hope annoying? Something really attention seeking and ‘pick me’ about her. I can’t listen when she’s on radio 1.

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else find Vic Hope annoying? Something really attention seeking and ‘pick me’ about her. I can’t listen when she’s on radio 1.
She's ok on the radio in small doses, but yea there's something very 'private school head girl 'about her. She always harping on about how she grew up in Newcastle and didn't have a TV growing up, but clearly came from a very privileged background with lots of foreign travel and a very nice Cambridge education.
In the words of Mrs Merton "So Vick, what attracted you to the multi millionaire Calvin Harris ?!" 😂

Reactions: 1
I miss him! He's the main reason I've switched from R1 to R2. His music taste and references are generally 90s/ 00s pop culture and that's very much up my street! I'm 34, so sometimes R2 can feel a bit old for me (not into 80s or 70s stuff) so for me Scott is a nice mix between new stuff and my era of nostalgia 😊
Spoony is ok for a bit, but I wouldn't listen if he was on full time.
I’m much older than you, and don’t feel old enough for radio 2

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I really like Scott. I don’t think it’s a coincidence he’s taken time away after Steve Wrights death with the vile things that were written to be honest… insinuations that the BBC killed him by replacing that show with Scott’s. That must have been insanely hard to work through and I can only being to imagine the bile he received.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
She's ok on the radio in small doses, but yea there's something very 'private school head girl 'about her. She always harping on about how she grew up in Newcastle and didn't have a TV growing up, but clearly came from a very privileged background with lots of foreign travel and a very nice Cambridge education.
In the words of Mrs Merton "So Vick, what attracted you to the multi millionaire Calvin Harris ?!" 😂
Yes the Newcastle thing is irritating. She acts as if she has an accent, but there’s no hint of one to my ears? Also when she talks in Spanish.. it’s not even that she speaks in Spanish, it’s that she brings up the subject of Spanish so that she’s then asked to speak it. I don’t know what it is but she’s smug and smarmy.

Reactions: 4
Yes the Newcastle thing is irritating. She acts as if she has an accent, but there’s no hint of one to my ears? Also when she talks in Spanish.. it’s not even that she speaks in Spanish, it’s that she brings up the subject of Spanish so that she’s then asked to speak it. I don’t know what it is but she’s smug and smarmy.
She does have a slight accent, she's not fully RP or London but yeah she does overdo it. She gives me huge vibes of someone whos never been told they're not actually that special or cool

Tomorrow Johnny Walker and Tony Blackburn will be doing a special ' Battle of the Pirates' show at 12pm. It sounds like it will be fun.

• Heart
Tomorrow Johnny Walker and Tony Blackburn will be doing a special ' Battle of the Pirates' show at 12pm. It sounds like it will be fun.
I enjoyed Tony Blackburn during the breakfast show this morning. Tomorrow should be good!

Reactions: 6
Not Tina in for Jeremy Vine this week. She can’t converse and question like Jeremy can

Steve Wrights love songs will be hosted by Michael Ball from June. And Michael Ball’s show will be hosted by Paddy McGuinness

• Wow
Steve Wrights love songs will be hosted by Michael Ball from June. And Michael Ball’s show will be hosted by Paddy McGuinness
I like both of them, I enjoy it when paddy sits in for people so glad he’s getting his own slot. I think Michael is a good one for love songs.

Gosh, I can’t bear Paddy McGuinness. Michael is a good fit for Love Songs… he is just biding his time until EP’s show opens up!

Anyone know why Scott Mills was off for 5 weeks? He’s back today and said he didn’t get married which is what I had assumed…

My guess is maybe adopted a child? Or maybe breakup? But obviously pure speculation. Maybe just wanted a nice long break!
Ohhhh that’s a good shout actually. He mentioned how long he had taken off all through the show which makes me think there might be a “reveal at some point”.

He could have been filming some sort of celebrity reality show if not although I don’t know of any which would take 5 weeks off..

I am always distrustful of any schedule changes on radio 2. I just don't like change. Give it a few weeks and I will grudgingly admit to liking it. I haven't really heard enough of Paddy's cover shows to get a feel for his style.

I am a little Dissapointed that they haven't gone for a women in one of the slots. There are very few women on the weekend, especially during the day. Nothing wrong with the male hosts they have, it would just be nice to be a bit more even.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I am always distrustful of any schedule changes on radio 2. I just don't like change. Give it a few weeks and I will grudgingly admit to liking it. I haven't really heard enough of Paddy's cover shows to get a feel for his style.

I am a little Dissapointed that they haven't gone for a women in one of the slots. There are very few women on the weekend, especially during the day. Nothing wrong with the male hosts they have, it would just be nice to be a bit more even.
I thought Nikki Chapman might have got the Sunday Love Songs show.