BBC radio stations #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who the hell is on Radio 1 rn ranting about taxis? NOBODY CARES. It really is like student radio, surely there are more entertaining people available?!

Reactions: 2
It says it all that over summer Greg James is now extending his breakfast show to 11am so people will actually listen. When the management don’t even like listening to their own DJs 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel like radio 2 has turned into Radio create Glastonbury FOMO this week. Every bloody day it has been are you going, call in if you are going, call in if you are there, call in if you are on the way....

I do enjoy the coverage of the actual performances, I just don't want to hear from every single sweaty camper that goes through the gate :p .

Don't take this to seriously BTW. I hope they all gave a good time, I just wish it wasn't the only thing anyone had to talk about this week.

For context.... I hate anything and everything to do with camping, tents or not being able yo wash properly. It makes me feel grim.

I feel like radio 2 has turned into Radio create Glastonbury FOMO this week. Every bloody day it has been are you going, call in if you are going, call in if you are there, call in if you are on the way....

I do enjoy the coverage of the actual performances, I just don't want to hear from every single sweaty camper that goes through the gate :p .

Don't take this to seriously BTW. I hope they all gave a good time, I just wish it wasn't the only thing anyone had to talk about this week.

For context.... I hate anything and everything to do with camping, tents or not being able yo wash properly. It makes me feel grim.
Completely agree, assuming that everyone is excited about an overhyped, overpriced (£360 a ticket!) event is very BBC behaviour

Reactions: 2
I wouldn’t mind if they actually played the live sets but instead we just have to hear Richie etc wanging on about what a great time they’re having while we’re sat at home.

• Angry
  • Haha
Don’t get me started on Ritchie he makes my teeth itch
I am sure that Ken left so he didn't have to talk to him anymore..... :p

I am sure Ritchie is a nice person irl and I wouldn't wish harm on him, however he is very irritating. Imo he should stick to travel and stop trying to make himself happen.

He has a sort of stink of desperation around him, like ' Pick me! Pick me! Please Sir let me do it!'. He would turn up to the opening of an envelope if he thought it would get him on the Radio or the One Show.

My mam says he ' gets where a draft wouldn't'.

I sound like such a cow saying that. Please don't hate me.

He doesn't really bring anything unique and interesting, or have that essential ' something' that people need to succeed in entertainment. He is just a useful space filler for the BBC, riding the coattails of the actual presenters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I wouldn’t mind if they actually played the live sets but instead we just have to hear Richie etc wanging on about what a great time they’re having while we’re sat at home.
I enjoy listening to it on the radio and watching it live, but it annoys me so much at how many BBC presenters and other staff seem to get paid to go to these type of events unnecessarily. Their mates often tag along too, it’s all over Instagram, and getting the VIP treatment - funny how they can always manage to get tickets when they’re like gold dust for everyone else. It’s just a big jolly.

I know it’s the same with the Olympics and big sporting events too.

Reactions: 3